Chapter 10 Please Forgive Me, Dad…

Sketches Of My Life

Dujun POV

 

“Mom, can I talk with Dad? Only the two us?” Dujun said while his Dad and Mom who was talking on the balcony.

 

“Okay! Try to convince your Dad Dujun. I don’t know why he is acting like that. As if he didn’t misses his only girl.” Mom said and left us in the balcony.

 

“Dad, can we talk about her?” Dujun start their conversation and sit opposite side facing his Dad.

 

“Okay… Who?” Mr. Song asks.

 

“About Karen, Dad. Why you can’t forgive her. She did everything by herself. She never asks any help from us after she left or should I say when you send her in Canada.” Dujun start the conversation.

 

“I know but she continues what she wants and that’s the problem.” Mr. Song said while reading a newspaper.

 

“Problem? The problem Dad is you. You can’t accept the truth that Karen doesn’t want to be part of our company. And yet you always assume that to yourself that someday she will realize.” Dujun said.

 

“It’s enough Dujun.” Mr. Song said and folds the newspaper.

 

“You gave me a big responsibility to handle the company without asking me if I can manage it well like you. I accept it warmly Dad and you didn’t hear me complaining, right? I hope that you will realize how hard to be your son or your daughter. Dujun said and stand to leave his Dad alone.

 

“Karen will stay here as long as she wants. She’s part of our family.” He added and leaves his Dad silently.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author POV

 

Mrs. Song went directly to the living area where her daughter was. Dujun who was done talking with his Dad at the balcony also went directly into the living room area also. Mrs. Song who really missed her daughter, plan to cook her favorite dishes while Dujun is helping Karen with her luggage to bring in her room.

 

“Oppa?” Karen said while dragging her luggage.

 

“Don’t worry about Dad. We already talk about this.” Dujun said and open the door of Karen’s room.

 

“Are sure? It will be complicated if I will stay here oppa.” Karen said and enters her room.

 

“Who said that? Anyway, welcome to your room. Tada!” Dujun said and spread his right hand to welcome his sister.

 

“Woah…” Karen said with amazement in her eyes.

 

“Surprise! We didn’t change the arrangement of your room since you left. Dori doesn’t want to sleep here because she always reminds us that you will come back. So how is it?” Dujun said.

 

“Really?! Thank you so much Oppa!” Karen said and hugs her brother.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Karen POV

 

I can’t believe what happen to my room since I left. It’s still the same the wallpaper on my wall, the study table, the lamp shades, and my bed, everything in my room is still here. Even in my bathroom, my towels, the shower curtain and also the stuff I use when I take a bath.

 

“Every week Mom cleans this room and laundry those linens.” Dujun oppa said.

 

“What do you think? It’s still the same right?” he asks.

 

I just nodded and start unpacking my things.

 

“Karen, I will leave you okay? If there’s something you want some help just call me.” Dujun oppa said.

 

“Okay. I will give some present after.” I said.

 

“Okay…” Dujun oppa said and leave.

 

“I miss this bed so much. Ahhhhh…” I said and lay down.

 

The moment I remember is that, I forgot about calling Jiyong oppa and Dara unnie about arriving here in Seoul. So I took my phone in my bag and dial the phone number of Jiyong oppa.

 

“Ring… Ring… Ring…”

 

“Oppa?” I said in the other line.

 

“Karen?” Jiyong oppa said.

 

“Yes. This is me. I’m here already in Korea. Where's Dara unnie?” I said.

 

“Ohhh… She’s sleeping. How’s your trip? Jiyong oppa said.

 

“It’s okay oppa and I arrived safe.” I said.

 

“Okay. How about your Dad?” Jiyong oppa ask.

 

Silence…

 

“Arasso. So take some rest and eat well there, okay?” Jiyong oppa said.

 

“Sorry oppa.” I said with a low voice.

 

“No problem. I know what you feel right now. So bye and always take care of yourself.” Jiyong oppa said and we say goodbye to each other.

 

After I call Jiyong oppa, I unpack my things and later I’ll be giving some presents to my family. I hope they will appreciate and like it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author POV

 

Mrs. Song cooked delicious dishes for her family and for her daughter who she misses very much. Gina and Chaerin are busy helping her in the preparation while Dori and Dongwoon are watching television in the living room area. Dujun invites Gina’s family to eat dinner with them in their house.

 

Mr. Song who is busy locking his self in their room and don’t want to come downstairs to eat together with his family. While Karen who prepared herself and give some presents for her family went downstairs.

 

Mrs. Han who was sitting with her husband on the sofa in the living room area was surprise when she saw Karen coming down from the stairs. She then rubs her eyes if she is dreaming or not and ask her husband if she was dreaming.

 

“Honey? Slap me.” Mrs. Han said.

 

“Why?” Mr. Han said confused.

 

“I think I’m dreaming. I saw Karen coming down from the stairs.” Mrs. Han said pointing the area where she saw Karen.

 

“Mom, you’re not dreaming.” Gina said.

 

“Hi Mrs. Han…” Karen greeted.

 

“Oh! It’s you Karen. When did you arrive?” Mrs. Han said and asked.

 

“This morning.” Karen said and sat on the sofa.

 

“I see. Anyway, Kikwang will be here as soon as he arrives in his work.” Mrs. Han said inform Karen about Kikwang.

 

“Guys, let’s eat!” Dujun inform us in the living room area.

 

All of them went to the dining area to eat their dinner except for Mr. Song who was in the room busy reviewing the documents from their company. Even though he’s not anymore the CEO, Mr. Song is always a part of the company.

 

“Mom, where’s Dad?” Dujun ask her Mom.

 

“I think he's busy.” Mrs. Song said.

 

Karen who knows why his Dad wasn’t there eating with them together. She then finishes his food, excuse herself and went directly to the living room area. Dujun who notices the action of Karen went to follow her.

 

“Where are you going?” Dujun ask Karen grabbing her arm.

 

“I want to talk to Dad.” Karen said while facing her brother.

 

“Are you okay? Can you do it by yourself? Do you want some help?” Dujun said.

 

“No. No. No. I’m okay Oppa. I can do it by myself. Don’t worry.” Karen said and left her brother.

 

Dujun who can’t stop her, feel nervous and worried about the result. But maybe now is the right time that Karen will talk to their Dad about what she really wants.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Karen POV

 

Finally, I’m here in front of the door feeling nervous and I don’t know if I can do this the right way. I hope Dad will listen and forgive me for what I’ve done. I can do this!

 

“Inhale… Exhale…” I whisper and knock the door.

 

“Knock! Knock! Knock!”

 

“Dad? Are you there?” I said.

 

“What do you want?” I hear Dad say.

 

I open the door and saw him sitting on the table with his laptop on. I enter the room and put immediately the present I want to give him but before I did. Dad suddenly stands from sitting and faces me.

 

“Do you think that the present can make me forgive you?” Dad said with a serious face.

 

“No. I just want to give you this.” I said.

 

“It’s been 5 years Dad. Please forgive me, Dad.” I added.

 

“If you’re done, just close the door.” Dad said and returns to sit.

 

“I know I disappointed you for what I’ve done but Dad this is what I want. Can you just support me? I know you want me to be part of the company but Dad I can’t do it. I’m not comfortable. The profession I chose is where I’m happy and where my heart is. If Seunghyun oppa is still alive, I know he will be happy for me and support my decision.” I said and put the present on the bed.

 

“I will not be tired waiting for your forgiveness. I love you, Dad.” I added and leave my Dad.

 

“How is it?” Dujun oppa ask who was waiting from the outside.

 

“It’s okay now Oppa. The heavy feelings that I’ve been carrying is now fading.” I said.

 

“That’s a relief. Let’s go!” Dujun oppa hug me.

 

I don’t know when will be the day that Dad will forgive me but I do really hope that it will be soon and I will never ever get tired to wait for that day.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr. Song POV

 

“I have already forgiven you my princess but I don’t know when and how to do it. I’m really sorry because of my decisions you were sacrificing at a young age. I’m really a bad father to you.” I said while holding a picture frame of my daughter.

 

“Seunghyun… I’m so sorry…” I said whispering.