Chapter 14 Too Pain

Sketches Of My Life

I was sitting in the front seat of the car while Bom unnie was beside me driving. We were going to somewhere that Bom unnie didn’t mention where it is. She said it will be a nice place that I really miss and the place where my special person is. I was so curious about where are we going. Where it could be?

 

After 45 minutes…

 

“We’re here…” Bom unnie said.

 

I open my eyes slowly, get out from the car and stretching my body. I was sleeping during our way to the place where Bom unnie said. After I saw clearly the surroundings, I can definitely identify that we are in the cemetery.

 

“Unnie we’re visiting oppa?” I said and smiled at her.

 

“Correct!” Bom unnie said and we start to walk.

 

“So this is the place where my special person is?” I ask while holding her arm.

 

“Yes.” Bom unnie said.

 

After walking a small distance from our car…

 

“Jagiya…” Bom unnie said and kneel down.

 

“Oppa…” I said and clean the gravestone where Seunghyun oppa’s name written.

 

“It’s been too long since I visit here personally.” I added.

 

“I’m sorry that I didn’t visit you the past two weeks. Karen is back!” Bom unnie said and put the flowers.

 

“Oppa I really miss you… I never thought that it’s already 6 years since you left us.” I said and tears fall from my eyes.

 

Bom unnie was also crying while I was talking. It is so amazing that Bom unnie handle not to love somebody or have another relationship after Seunghyun oppa died. She really loves my brother till the end of her life.

 

After a half hour of staying, we bid our goodbyes and decided to come back together again. Bom unnie decided to drive me home because she also wants to meet Mom.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kikwang POV

 

I was in my room busy reviewing some documents for my new business. Mom told me that I was working in the company of Dad before my accident but right after the accident Dad told me to leave the company. So Mom advice me to build a restaurant like what she has and owned. But I was also thinking to build a pastry shop because Karen loves to eat pastries.

 

“Knock! Knock! Knock!”

 

“Wae?” I said.

 

“Oppa! It’s me Hyuna. I have something for you.” Hyuna said.

 

“What?” I said and open the door.

 

“Oppaaaaaaaa!” Hyuna hug me the moment I open the door.

 

“What’s…the…matter…Wait!” I said and release me from hugging.

 

“Here oppa!” Hyuna said and show me her hand.

 

I was confused and clueless on what Hyuna wants me to see. I only see her left hand with a diamond ring. My eyes widen as I realize that it was an engagement ring. So Hyuna will be getting married soon?

 

“Engagement ring? Is this real?” I said while holding her hands with the ring.

 

“What? Oppa, what do you think of my boyfriend? He can’t afford like this? Hmmmp..” Hyuna said and leave me.

 

“I’m just kidding! Wait!” I said smiling.

 

“Mehrong!” Hyuna said and went downstairs.

 

So Hyuna will be getting married soon with her 3 years boyfriend. She’s only 22 years old and it’s too early to have a family. But I can’t stop her on what she wanted, they love each other and happy being together.

 

“I hope Karen and I will be like them someday. Marrying her, having kids and makes a happy family.” I said closing the door of my room and back to what I was working.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Karen POV

 

We are in a private room where Gina unnie stay after given birth to their baby. Mom and Dad were sleeping in the other bed while I was busy sketching. Dujun oppa and Kikwang went home to get some food for our breakfast.

 

“Honey…” Gina unnie woke up and want to get up.

 

“Dujun oppa went home. Slowly unnie.” I said and help her to sit down on the bed.

 

“Thank you!” Gina unnie said and smile at me.

 

“You’re always welcome. Do you want something?” I asked her.

 

“Nothing. Where’s my baby?” Gina unnie said.

 

“In the nursery room. Do you want to see him?” I said.

 

“No. No. No. It’s okay… Anyway, what time is it?” Gina unnie asked.

 

“6:30 unnie.” I took my phone in my pocket and said.

 

“Okay thanks.” Gina unnie said.

 

“By the way, how’s you and Kikwang?” Gina unnie then asked and held my hand.

 

“Me and Kikwang. Where very fine unnie. Why?” I said and give her a fake smile.

 

“I really miss him unnie. Very much.” I said in my mind.

 

“Are you sure? Sorry Karen… Sorry…” Gina unnie said and offered me a hug.

 

“I’m okay unnie... I’m okay…” I said and hug her.

 

Dujun POV

 

I went home together with Kikwang to get some food for my family who was staying the hospital with Gina. Gina’s Mom already cooked and prepared the food for my family and for their daughter. Kikwang get the food from their house and return immediately to the car.

 

“Let’s go!” I said and start the engine.

 

“Hyung, can we stop in the bakery shop nearby the hospital. I saw it earlier.” Kikwang said.

 

“Okay sure…” I said and get confused.

 

After 20 minutes…

 

We stop in the bakery shop where Kikwang told me earlier. I get confused on why he wants to go there, maybe because he wants to buy a welcome cake for my son but it’s too early. I saw Kikwang took two boxes of cookies and went to the cake area and he then calls me.

 

“Hyung I buy a mocha cake and 2 boxes of jam cookies.” Kikwang said and went to the cashier.

 

“Okay…” I said and realize something.

 

Wait Karen loves pastries especially mocha cake and jam cookies. Did Kikwang’s memories come back or is this a coincidence but why he's doing this? I have to confirm it.

 

After Kikwang pays the bill, we ride in the car and went to the hospital. While walking towards the entrance I asked Kikwang about what he buys earlier.

 

“Kikwang…” I said and stop walking.

 

“Yes hyung?” Kikwang said and stop.

 

“Nothing.” I said and continue to walk in the hospital with him.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Upon entering the room, I saw Gina and Karen hugging. What’s wrong with them? I saw Mom and Dad are still sleeping.

 

“What happened to the both of you?” I said and put the food on the big table.

 

“Nothing Honey.” Gina said and gives me a quick kiss on the lips.

 

“How are you my queen?” I asked her and sit beside her.

 

“Doing fine. Karen helps me a little bit while you’re not around.” Gina said and pinches my nose.

 

“Oppa? I have to go home.” Karen said while gathering her things.

 

“But we have to eat our breakfast here.” I said.

 

“It’s okay oppa…” Karen said and prepared to leave.

 

“Kikwang bought some cake and cookies earlier.” I said and took the cake that Kikwang buy.

 

“Is this a mocha cake, Kikwang.” I added.

 

“Yes… And there is also a jam cookies.” Kikwang said.

 

“Chincha oppa?!” Karen said and went to see the cake excitedly.

 

“Yes. This is your favorite right? Kikwang buy this.” I said and took the cake from the box.

 

Karen gets confused, the moment I mention Kikwang’s name. She then looks at my eyes, wanting to ask me why Kikwang buy the cake that she loves. I got worried and put the cake on the table while Kikwang prepare the food. Gina also gives me a sign to let me and Karen talk outside the room.

 

“Let’s go outside.” I said and hold Karen’s hand going to the outside.

 

“Where are you going?” Kikwang said.

 

“Let’s leave them.” Gina said.

 

I let Karen lean on the wall and hug her first. I feel that Karen wants to cry but she tries not to.

 

“Oppa…” Karen starts.

 

“Did Kikwang back his memories?” she then added.

 

“No. I don’t know Karen. But you have to be strong.” I said.

 

“But why he buys that? Did you tell him? How?” Karen said in a calm way.

 

“I didn’t. I was shocked the moment he told me that he was buying those cake and cookies.” I said and calm myself.

 

“The food is ready.” Kikwang went outside to call us to eat breakfast.

 

“Okay Kikwang…” I said and give him a sign to go inside.

 

But before Kikwang go inside, Karen calls him.

 

“Kikwang…” Karen said.

 

“Why did you buy those cake and cookies? Did your memories back?” she added.

 

I saw Kikwang stiff and can dare to walk in the room. It could be true that his memories back? But how?

 

“Ahhh… It’s also Hyuna’s favorite cake. So I decided to buy same as those.” Kikwang said.

 

“How about the jam cookies?” Karen said.

 

“Jam cookies? I just took it. It looks good.” Kikwang said and went inside.

 

Karen looks at me again with tears in her eyes. I don’t know but I feel so hurt seeing her like this. What should I do to make her happy and seeing her smiling face again?

 

“Sssshhhh… Stop crying… Mom and Dad will get worried about you.” I said and wipe her tears.

 

“I can’t stop oppa… I’m sorry…” Karen said while crying in my chest.

 

I got started to worry and I don’t know how to explain to Mom and Dad if they saw Karen’s eyes. While comforting Karen, my phone rings and I answer it right away even though I didn’t know who is calling.

 

“Hello?” I said.

 

“Hyung, we will visit Gina noona later.” Dongwoon said.

 

“Okay! See you later.” I said and hang up.

 

I can recognize the voices of my siblings even if I will not look at the screen of my phone.

 

“Oppa…” Karen said.

 

“Wae?” I asked.

 

“I’m so sorry…” Karen said and fixes herself.

 

“You don’t have to.” I said and kiss her on the forehead.

 

“But I have. Can I go home now?” Karen said.

 

“Are sure your okay now?” I asked her.

 

“Yes. I can. Don’t worry anymore. From now on I will become stronger than before. I just realize that this may happen for a reason.” Karen said and gives me a quick smile.

 

“Okay. Okay. Okay.” I said.

 

“Just tell Mom and Dad that I was in a hurry and I will eat my breakfast at home.” Karen said and gives me a quick kiss on the cheek.

 

“Take care.” I said and wave at her.

 

I may not know her very well now since she’s away from us 5 years ago but I can feel that she’s in pain right now. And the only thing that I can help her right now is always on her side no matter what happen.