Chapter 32 Dad, please wake up!

Sketches Of My Life

Karen POV

 

It has been 3 weeks since my Dad was operated but until now he never wakes up. Mom was always on Dad's side, she never went home even once and never leaves Dad's side. It felt so hard to watched what our Dad's condition and we don't know if when he will be awaken. I stayed for 3 days in the hospital because of Mom.

 

"Mom, let's eat." I said approaching her.

 

"Okay." Mom said and went to the table where the foods are.

 

"You have to eat many, Mom. Dad will get mad on us if he sees you looks so thin." I said and serve her some food.

 

Due to Dad's condition, our Mom had lose weight and Doctor advise us to let her take some medicine because of low blood pressure. She sometimes don't want to eat and wanting to always on our Dad's side. That's why we are so worried that Mom's body might give up and maybe ended up losing her first.

 

I went home as soon as Chaerin and Dongwoon arrive at the hospital. Dujun oppa and Gina unnie will be visiting later after I arrive in the house since no one will be taking care of with the kids. Kikwang and Hyuna volunteer to help me babysit the kids later.

 

As soon as I arrive at home, Dujun oppa and Gina unnie are ready to leave and was waiting for me to arrive. Junnie and Dori are taking their naps, Dujun oppa favors Kikwang and Hyuna to stay with me until tomorrow since they will be staying at the hospital.

 

Hyuna was sleeping with the kids while Kikwang was in the kitchen washing the dishes. I approach him and surprise him with back hug.

 

"Oh my God!" Kikwang said who startle.

 

"Hi there! Good afternoon, my handsome dishwasher." I said hugging him from behind.

 

"I'm okay.. You?" he ask.

 

"I feel so tired.. And want to go to sleep.." I said still hugging him.

 

"Go get some rest. Take some shower and sleep. I will call you later if we will eat dinner. I know your tired." he said who is still washing the dishes.

 

"Okay~" I said and went beside him.

 

"I hope Dad will wake up soon. Dori's birthday is coming and we don't want to celebrate it while he is still unconscious." I said.

 

"That will not happen." he said.

 

"I really hope so." I said.

 

Kikwang took the gloves he is using and face me. He hugs me tightly and give me a quick kiss on the lips. He comforts me for awhile and send me to my room to get some rest.

 

"I don't know what to do if you're not around." I said.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bom POV

 

"Yoseob-ah, sorry but I have to do this. Its been a year since we left them clueless." I said and left a bouquet of flowers on a gravestone.

 

Its been one year already, I never had the chance to tell them the truth since no one will be taking care of Yoseob's Dad and sister. And they don't want me to go back to Korea and they don't want to lived in Korea as well. It was really a big mistake to not let them know what really had happened to us especially to Karen. I feel very sorry on what I did but I hope they will understand what my explanation would be.

 

"I hope you are happy right now, Karen. And sorry. I'm really sorry..." I said and went home.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kikwang POV

 

"Hyuna, can you come over here?" I call Hyuna from the kitchen.

 

I'm cooking for our dinner since Hyuna can't cook. My Mom and Dad went to a trip because its their wedding anniversary. Karen is still sleeping at her room, she really is tired. I hope she likes what I've cook.

 

"Hmmm.. It taste good, oppa." Hyuna said while carrying Junnie.

 

"You sure?" I ask.

 

"Neh~" Hyuna said.

 

"Should I call Karen unnie?" she added.

 

"No.. Just prepare the table. I'll be the one to call her." I said.

 

"Okay~" Hyuna said.

 

I turn off the heat, took off the apron I am wearing and proceed to Karen's room. I knock about 3 times but she never answer nor open the door and so I force myself  to get inside without her permission. I walk slowly towards her bed, sit beside and stare at her for a moment.

 

"She really looks so cute sleeping peacefully." I said while staring at her.

 

"Karen.. Karen.. Wake up.. Its dinner time." I said slowly.

 

Karen open her eyes slowly and stretch her body a bit. I offer my hand to her to get up from bed and help her. Karen then take my hand, hold it tight and hug me for awhile.

 

"Thank you.." she said and we proceed to the dining area while holding hands.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dujun and Dongwoon without their Mom was called by the Doctor who is currently in-charge of their Dad's condition. The Doctor confront them that there is only small percent that their Dad might waking up from coma. The Doctor also said that they have to prepare their selves on what will be the condition of their Dad in the proceeding days. 

 

The Doctor share the graph of their Dad's condition and they can see that the progress is not good. They have to accept the fact that their Dad will not be waking up in the future and let them rest him for his entire life. 

 

"Hyung, how we will relay this to Mom and Karen?" Dongwoon said who is emotional earlier.

 

"Now, I don't know but we have to be strong for them, Dongwoon." Dujun said who is feeling so hopeless.

 

"Please relax Dongwoon. Chaerin might saw your bloated eyes and get confuse what had happened to you." Dujun added.

 

"I will just proceed to the cafeteria and buy some foods to eat." Dongwoon said.

 

And then Dujun proceed to his Dad's room while Dongwoon went to the cafeteria. 

 

Karen POV

 

Kikwang, Hyuna and Junnie are taking their naps while me and Dori is watching television in the living. Dujun oppa, Dongwon together with their wives are still on the hospital and they let me stay instead at home with the kids. Dad is still in a coma and Mom haven't went home since then.

 

"It's quite tough and challenging this days.." I said.

 

"You're tired?" Kikwang suddely aprroach.

 

"Oh! You startle me." I said.

 

He then check Dori beside me and carries around his arms. Dori is already sleeping beside me and that's why she is so quiet. So I accompany Kikwang to Dori's room, he slowly put the little lady into the bed and kiss her.

 

Afterwards, Kikwang told me to take some nap and later we will cook for dinner.

 

"Why don't we sleep together?" I offer.

 

"Are you sure? You're not afraid that I might do something bad?" Kikwang said.

 

"Aigoo~ I know you will never do it." I said and lay down on my bed.

 

"Get ready, Miss Karen." Kikwang said and laugh together.

 

"I hope Dad will wake up soon. We really miss him." I said while hugging Kikwang.

 

Some people might misinterpret what we are doing but for me it was a sweet scene that we are sharing. Lying together in the bed while sharing our arms to each other. I am sure that Kikwang will be my future husband and I can't wait to see what my family portrait would be.

 

Ring~ Ring~ Ring

 

I woke up from the noise of my phone, I saw Kikwang who is still sleeping and I took my phone beside me. I saw the screen and it was Dujun oppa.

 

"Oppa?" I said as I answer.

 

"Can you guys go her. Dad is waiting." Dujun oppa said on the other line.

 

I suddenly felt so awaken and surprise the time he said that. Dad might already wake up but Dujun oppa's voice is quite weird.

 

"Did Daddy wakes up?" I said and get up from the bed.

 

"You will see by the time you will be here." Dujun oppa said.

 

"And please leave the kids with Hyuna. Please let Hyuna call her boyfriend since she will be alone there." Dujun oppa added.

 

I'm kinda nervous since Dujun oppa is not happy talking with me but I'm excited to see Dad waking up. I woke up Kikwang and told him about what Dujun oppa said to me about Dad's condition. I proceed to Hyuna who is with Junnie and favor her to babysit the two kids again. I also ask her if he can call her boyfriend to stay with her since she will be alone in the house.

 

Before Kikwang and I leave, we wait to Hyunseung to arrive so that Hyuna have someone at home. I also ordered some food for them to eat since Hyuna can't cook because of the kids. 

 

"Hi guys.." Hyunseung said as he arrives.

 

"The gate was open and I was calling you outside but I think no one hears me." Hyunseung added.

 

"Oh Hyunseung oppa!" Hyuna approach him while carrying Junnie.

 

"Junnie ya~ Samchon is here." Hyunseung and carry Junnie in his arms.

 

"Sorry for disturbing you Hyunseung oppa but I hope you understand our situation." I said and greeted him.

 

"No problem.. You will always count on me." he said.

 

"Thank you hyung." Kikwang said.

 

"You two go now." Hyuna said.

 

And then we went to the outside where my car was parked. Kikwang took the keys from me and drives since I couldn't hide my excitement towards my Dad.

 

While on our way, Kikwang hold my hand and kissing it multi times. This is the only way he can comfort me since he is driving. Isn't it so sweet? 

 

After arriving in the hospital, I run as much as I can towards my Dad's room while Kikwang is smiling behind me. I saw Gina unnie outside the room but before I approach her I saw Chaerin went outside and hug her while crying. What is happening? Dongwoon followed who is also crying.

 

"Noona?" Dongwoon saw me.

 

"Karen.." Kikwang approach me.

 

I was standing there, staring at them crying and couldn't even move. My happiness was change into sadness but I am thinking that they were crying because Dad is already woke up. I was nervous to go inside and see what really happens. 

 

"Honey! Nooooo.." Mom shouts from the room.

 

That was the moment that my body suddenly collapse to the floor and burst into tears. My heart is aching and I don't know what to do at that time. I was expecting to see a big smile from my Dad's face but instead a pain that I will be carrying in my entire life. Dujun oppa walk towards me, he let me stand and hug me tight.

 

"I am very sorry, Karen.. I'm sorry.." Dujun oppa said while crying.

 

"Ooopppaaaa.." I said while crying.

 

Kikwang POV

 

I am so happy seeing Karen who is confidently that she will be seeing her Dad waking up from coma. But sadly it turns out that her Dad didn't make it and we will not seeing him smiling at us. I was emotional seeing my girlfriend's situation, it hurts to see what she is going through and I will always beside her.

 

Dujun favors me to help him take Karen in their Dad's room for the very last time. As we begin walking, I can feel that Karen can't walk properly and feeling so weak. She was the one who opens the door, let go of us and walk towards her Dad's body. She slowly caress her father's face, took his hand and gently embrace it. She then burst into tears again.

 

"Dad, please wake up.." she said while crying.

 

"Why did you leave us all of a sudden?" she added.

 

"Dad.." she said and hug her Dad.

 

Dujun hyung give me a sign to take Karen away from their Dad. Karen follows what I've said and hug me while she is still crying. Because of what I've witness, I couldn't help but to cry also while hugging the girl I loved.