Chapter 11 Amnesia?

Sketches Of My Life

Karen POV

 

It’s been 10 days since I arrived in Seoul and I have no chance to meet Kikwang even once. My family always ignores me when I’m asking about Kikwang even his own family. I think there is something going on that they don’t want me to know but I have to know what it is.

 

I wake up around 6am, it was so early and I don’t want to go back to sleep. I change my pajamas into comfortable clothes and went directly to the dining area to cook my breakfast. I forgot the moment when I saw my Mom preparing our food. I’m with my family this time and not living with Jiyong oppa who always wants me to cook my own food.

 

“Take your sit, sweetie. What do you want? Coffee? Milk? Juice?” Mom said.

 

“Coffee, please…” I said and sit down.

 

“Good Morning!” Dujun oppa said and sit on the opposite side.

 

“Good Morning oppa! Where’s Gina unnie?” I said.

 

“She sleeps in their house because she misses her Mom.” he said and takes a sip of coffee.

 

“Here you go, sweetie.” Mom said and gave me my coffee.

 

“I missed this.” I said and start to eat.

 

“I’m done. I have to go now.” Dujun oppa said and kiss my forehead.

 

“It’s too early oppa…” I said.

 

“I have many pending documents to do.” Dujun oppa said.

 

“Mom, I’m going…” he added.

 

“Okay! Drive safely…” Mom said from the kitchen.

 

“Bye…” he said and wave.

 

After Dujun oppa left, Dongwoon and Chaerin together with their daughter Dori take a seat and eat their breakfast with me. I notice that Dori doesn’t want to eat and start to cry. Dongwoon then carry Dori and went outside to calm her.

 

“Bad morning?” I said.

 

“Yes? She wants to go with us, unnie.” Chaerin said.

 

“Where are you going, Chaerin?” Mom said who was done cooking and starts to eat with us.

 

“We are going to Sohyun’s shop to fit the 3 bridal gowns but… but…” Chaerin said.

 

“But you don’t want Dori to come with you?” I ask.

 

“Yes unnie. Dongwoon told her that we will leave her in my Mom’s house and we will fetch her after we’re done.” Chaerin said.

 

“You can leave her with me.” I volunteer.

 

“Are you sure, sweetie?” Mom said with worries.

 

“Dori is so active unnie. She’s not staying in a place. She always wants to run, here and there. Are you sure unnie?” Chaerin said.

 

“I can manage that Chaerin. Don’t worry and just trust me. I promise.” I said confidently.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was in my room, sketching a beautiful little angel who was sleeping silently in the bed. Dori is now napping on my bed while her parents busy planning their wedding next month. I volunteer to take care of their daughter while they are away.

 

It’s not easy to take care of her as Chaerin said earlier, she is so energetic and talkative kid. She is so active kid, always wants to play her dolls and teddy bear. Always run here and there but I manage myself to stop her to avoid accidents. Mom went to the grocery to buy our daily needs in the house while Dad was on a business trip for 3 days so tomorrow he will coming back.

 

“I’m done!” I said and put my sign on the sketch pad.

 

I was sketching my niece Dori who was sleeping silently on my bed. I proudly say that I take Dori sleep easy unlike her parents who can’t manage her to take her a nap.

 

After 1 hour and a half, Dori woke up and get up from bed. She then walks towards me while rubbing her eyes and want to drink water. I carry her and we went to the kitchen to drink some water.

 

After Dori drink some water, my phone rings. It was Dongwoon who was calling and I answer.

 

“Why? Anything problem?” I ask.

 

“Nothing noona. How’s Dori and you?” he asks.

 

“We’re very fine. She just woke up from nap. After, we will go outside and take some walk.” I said.

 

“Really? Wow noona. You’re the best. Did Dori really sleep?” Dongwoon said who was amazed.

 

“You don’t believe me? Why don’t you ask your daughter later after you arrive?” I said.

 

“Okay… I will buy you some present noona. What do you want? Dongwoon ask.

 

“Nothing. It’s okay Woonie. Just drive safely and come home with your wife.” I said.

 

“Arasseoyo… Bye!” Dongwoon said and we hang up.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We take together half bath and change into comfortable suits. We went directly to the kitchen to eat sandwiches for our snack. It’s already 4:00 pm but Mom still isn't arriving yet, where did she go? After we finish eating our snack we went outside to take some walk with our 2 years old dog, Tammy.

 

It was an enjoying exercise walking with my niece and our dog. Seeing the place where we start a new life after we left Canada 13 years ago. There are also many things happened in the past 5 years since I left for Canada. The place where I find myself satisfied, happy and comfortable. Some neighbors who never knew about my arrival was surprised about my appearance.

 

After 1 hour of walking, we rest for a moment at the playground area where a lot of kids playing. We drink some water and take a seat for a while. I notice that Dori is only sitting beside me and watching the other kids enjoying their self playing. She never asks my permission if she can play with the other kids.

 

“You can play with them, Dori.” I said.

 

“It’s okay Pretty unnie. Mommy always tells me that when I play outside, I got hurt.” Dori said and face me with her cute smile.

 

“But it’s fun to have many playmates.” I said and pinch her cheeks.

 

“I have many playmates.” Dori said pouting.

 

“Who?” I asked.

 

“You… Mommy, Daddy, Grandmommy, Granddaddy, Uncle Dujun… No.. No.. No.. Dujun oppa… Gina unnie… and Tammy!” Dori said while count with her fingers.

 

Dori doesn’t want to call Dujun oppa an Uncle and Gina unnie an Aunt. That’s why she calls Dujun oppa as Oppa and Gina unnie as Unnie.

 

“Oh really?! You’re so adorable…” I said and kiss her.

 

“And I forgot Kikwang oppa and Hyuna unnie…” Dori said.

 

I feel so awkward the moment I hear Kikwang’s name and Hyuna’s name. I don’t know but I have to meet Kikwang as soon as possible. I just really miss his existence. Did he miss me too?

 

While Dori is playing her bubbles with Tammy, I took my sketch pad from the sling bag and starting to draw them. It was difficult to sketch but somehow I can manage it well since Dori and Tammy are not far from me.

 

After 20 minutes…

 

“Dori come here…” I call her.

 

“Neh.” Dori said and run towards me.

 

“How is it?” I said and give her the sketch pad.

 

“Wow! This is me and Tammy, Pretty unnie. It is so beautiful. Did you draw this Pretty unnie? I love it.” Dori said and hug my sketch pad.

 

She then let Tammy see it and Tammy barks after he saw the drawing.

 

“Tammy also likes this Pretty unnie.” Dori said happily.

 

Suddenly my phone rings, I took my phone from my bag and check who is calling. It was Dongwoon and I answer it.

 

“Woonie… Wae?” I said.

 

“Where are you now?” Dongwoon asked.

 

“We're here in the village park.” I said.

 

“Okay… Bye noona!” Dongwoon said and he hangs up.

 

“What was that?” I said and place my phone where I took it.

 

I check my watch to know what time is and it’s already 5:00 in the afternoon. I inform Dori that we have to go home and gave me the sketch pad she was holding.

 

“Let’s go Pretty unnie…” Dori said and hold my hand.

 

“Arasso…” I said and smiled at her.

 

“Noona!” someone is calling me.

 

“Dongwoon!” I said and wave at him.

 

“Daddy!” Dori said and run towards where her Dad.

 

“Where’s Chaerin?” I asked.

 

“At home.” Dongwoon said while carrying his daughter.

 

“When I call you earlier, we have already arrived in the house and Mom told us that you and Dori are not yet there so Chaerin told me to pick you up here.” He added.

 

“Okay… Let’s go!” I said and we rode.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dongwoon and Dori are sitting in the back seat while Tammy is in the front seat with me who I was driving. I decided to drive since it is not that far from the house.

 

We are about to reach the house when I notice that Kikwang was standing at the gate of the house. What is he doing? Is he looking for me? This is the time to meet him personally.

I park the car and stop the engine while Dongwoon who didn’t notice that Kikwang was standing in front of the house. I took the key and get out of the car to meet finally Kikwang.

 

“Kikwang!” I said and walks towards him.

 

Kikwang turn to face me while Dongwoon was shock and want to stop me.

 

“I miss you!” I said and hug him tight.

 

“Noona! No!” I hear Dongwoon said.

 

But why he said that? After I hug Kikwang, I realize the he was standing there and didn’t dare to hug me. I release him from hugging and face him to ask something.

 

“How are you, Kikwang? I didn’t see you since I arrived.” I said smiling while holding his hands.

 

“Who are you? Do I know you? Are we close? I’m sorry but I had amnesia 2 years ago from a car accident.” he said and let go with my hands.

 

I was shocked and froze hearing those words from his mouth. It broke my heart into pieces and I don't know what I suppose to ask him. Did he really say that? Amnesia? But why they didn’t tell me about his accident? Am I dreaming? Why?