Chapter 13 I Can’t Move On

Sketches Of My Life

Ding… Dong… Ding… Dong…

 

“Wait a minute. I’m coming. Who’s that?” Mrs. Song said.

 

“Delivery.” Delivery boy said.

 

“Good Morning!” Mrs. Song greeted the delivery boy with a smile and opens the gate.

 

“Good Morning Madam. It’s delivery from Jiyong Kwon to Karen Song from Canada.” The delivery boy said.

 

“That’s my daughter.” Mrs. Song said and took the paper for receiving recipient to sign.

 

“Thank you Madam.” the delivery boy said and left.

 

“Sweetie… Can you help me with this?” Mrs. Song shouts from the outside.

 

Karen who was sketching in the living area hears her Mom calling her and went outside.

 

“What is that Mom?” Karen said after running towards her Mom.

 

“From your cousin Jiyong.” Mrs. Song said.

 

“Oh my God! My sketches and paintings. It’s already here.” Karen said happily.

 

“So these are your works from Canada?” Mrs. Song asks.

 

“Yes! And this will be displayed in my art museum together with Seunghyun oppa's work.” Karen said happily.

 

“Oh really? I’m so excited for that. So let’s go?!” Mrs. Song said.

 

“Yes Mom.” Karen said and they help to take the paints inside the house.

 

Kikwang who saw the mother and daughter talking happily from their small garden, he then walks outside to help them with the delivery boy delivers.

 

“Excuse me? Can I help?” Kikwang ask Karen who came outside to continue what she was doing while Mrs. Song have not yet return after taking some frames.

 

“It’s okay I can do it by myself with my Mom.” Karen said and took some frames.

 

Karen who wants to interact with Kikwang stops herself because she wants to move on and live a new life without him.

 

“Wait!” Kikwang said and holding Karen’s arm to stop her.

 

“Let me go…” Karen said in a relaxing way while eye to eye contact with Kikwang.

 

“What’s happening here?” Mrs. Song hurriedly runs towards them.

 

“I just want to help but your daughter.” Kikwang said and let go from holding Karen’s arm.

 

“Karen… He just wants to help… Can he?” Mrs. Song said and gives Karen a wink sign that it will be okay.

 

“Arasso… Arasso… But please take care of those paints because it’s more important than you life. Get it?” Karen said and slowly walks inside holding one of her paints.

 

“Okay!” Kikwang said.

 

After taking the frames, they take some rest and eat a tuna sandwich that Karen made for a snack in the living room area.

 

“I miss this!” Kikwang said.

 

“What?” Karen asks with confusing look.

 

“Nothing.” Kikwang said and smile.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Karen POV

 

I was busy arranging my works in my room and planning to transfer it to another room in the house. Mom told me that there is a small room in the backyard where she uses it the past 3 years and now it’s already the storage room for old stuff that cannot be used.

 

Knock! Knock! Knock!

 

“Sweetie… It's lunch time your Dad and I are waiting for you.” Mom said and left.

 

“Neh…” I said while holding my works.

 

I went to the dining area to have some lunch together with Mom and Dad. It was my first time eating lunch with Dad since I arrived. What's with him today? It feels so weird and I don’t know why but I’m happy today eating with my Dad.

 

“Ring… Ring… Ring…”

 

My phone rings the moment I finish my food and took it from my pocket to see who it was calling. I only saw an unknown number flash on my phone screen and I just answer to know who it was. I excuse myself to my Mom and Dad who was not yet done eating.

 

“Kareeeeeeeeeeen!” the caller shouts.

 

“Who’s this please?” I said and sit on the sofa in the living room.

 

“It’s Bomi unnie. I really miss you.” the caller said.

 

“Unnie!” I said excitedly.

 

“Where are you now? Can we meet? Let’s say sisters date.” Bom unnie said.

 

“At home. Sure unnie.” I said.

 

“Where do you want to meet?” Bom unnie said.

 

“Let’s just meet in your coffee shop. I want to visit there and want to take some coffee. Can I?” I ask her.

 

“Sure! It’s my pleasure.” Bom unnie said and we hang up.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kikwang POV

 

I was lying on my bed while watching television, but my mind keeps on thinking of Karen. Why I lied to him? Why I told him that Hyuna and I will be getting married? Why did I do that? If I just told her the truth this will not be happening to me. Aish!

 

It’s been 1 month since she arrives, I want to be with her, date with her and never let her go again. But there is also bothering me about the guy I saw in her facebook account. Is he the guy that Karen’s new love? Did she love him? What is the reason why Karen returns her without letting me?

 

I always express my feelings with her when she’s in Canada. Mailing her every Valentines, Christmas, New Years and even her birthday but why I didn’t receive any of her response even once.

 

I stopped communicating with her 2 years ago after the accident. I also forgot the moment we discover that my Dad has a daughter to her past relationship and Hyuna was their daughter. Mom who was shocked and hurt the moment she know but she accept Hyuna and let her stay in our house as our new family member. We didn’t let anybody know about Hyuna as our family member because of Dad’s embarrassment.

 

“Oppa!” Hyuna said while knocking the door.

 

“Wae?” I said after opening the door.

 

“Can you help me with my babies?” Hyuna said who wants some help.

 

She was referring to her plants that she will be selling in her shop. Hyuna who owned a flower shop that Dad gave her 1 year ago as a birthday present. Hyuna really loves to take care of plants and flowers especially orchids and roses.

 

“Okay…” I said and proceed to the outside.

 

While helping Hyuna with her babies to be delivered to her shop later. I notice Karen was dressed and holding a half human size frame together with her Mom. Where is she going? Then a taxi stops in front of their house and Karen ride on it while saying goodbye with her Mom. She never fails me seeing her as pretty as before.

 

“Oppa? What are you looking at?” Hyuna ask.

 

“Nothing.” I said and continue what I was doing.

 

“Okay…” I said.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Karen POV

 

After taking some bath, wear a white dress, a little make-up and comb my hair. I decide to give Bom unnie a present from my works from Canada. I’m sure she will be happy seeing this and display in her coffee shop after she receives it.

 

“Mom… Where are you?” I said while slowly going downstairs holding a big frame.

 

“At the kitchen.” I hear Mom said.

 

I saw my Mom in the kitchen washing the dishes. I went near her to inform that Bom unnie and I will be meeting at her coffee shop. She then gives me permission to go out and let me enjoy spending my time with Bom unnie. While Dad went to their room to have some rest and Mom will tell her later about me going outside with Bom unnie.

 

Mom accompanies me outside through the gate after she call a taxi. She notices that I was holding a big frame that one of my works. I told her that I will give it to Bom unnie as a present. After we went outside, Mom told me to be more careful because I’m not that familiar anymore with Seoul.

 

“Sweetie always sticks to Bom. Okay?” Mom reminds me.

 

“Arasso….” I said.

 

“The taxi is here. Careful okay…” Mom said and hugs me.

 

“Okay.” I said and ride the taxi.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While riding in the taxi, the driver asks me if I’m a painter because of what I bought. My response is that I am but not those professionals like other but I confidently say I’m good at sketching. He shared that he also has a daughter that was a painter and he doesn’t agrees on what the ambition is. But after her daughter left them, he realizes that you cannot stop your children on what they wanted in life because in the future they will be successful with their own.

 

“So where is she now, Sir?” I ask him.

 

“I don’t know where she is and where I can find her. I always pray that she will come back. I always miss her every day.” the driver man said.

 

“Don’t worry Sir. She will be coming back after she realizes how important family is.” I said and we end our conversation.

 

It is nice hearing some stories the same as I have. I didn’t tell him that my father is also against with it. As we stop to Bom unnie’s shop, I gave a small tip to the driver for giving me some strength to pursue more of my dreams.

 

As soon as I get out from the taxi, I saw the entrance with the warm ambiance of Bom unnie coffee shop. I really feel so warm when I’m here in her place. I enter the coffee shop and saw Bom unnie who was busy with the two customers who I think a couple because their hands are intertwined together. After I fall in line to order what I want, Bom unnie notice me right away.

 

“Karen?” Bom unnie said.

 

“I always fail to you.” I said bowing my head.

 

She went near me and hug for the greetings. She then guides me to the table and ordered for me.

 

“Excuse me.” she calls some of her waitress.

 

“Minzy can you give us 1 hot mocha, 1 cold coffee and 2 banana muffins.” Bom unnie ordered.

 

“Okay…” the waitress said.

 

“Anyway, how are you? It’s been month that you arrive here in Seoul.” Bom unnie said.

 

“Yes… I couldn’t contact you and I don’t know where I can find you.” I said.

 

“I was on Jeju Island because of Mom and Dad.” Bom unnie said.

 

“Don’t’ ask about the reason. It’s a long story.” She added and chuckle.

 

“How’s your life her after you arrive? Did Kikwang and you date?” Bom unnie asks while staring at me smiling.

 

“It’s okay… But…” I said and want to avoid answering about Kikwang.

 

“But… What?” Bom unnie said.

 

“By the way, I have a present for you.” I said and show what I bought for her.

 

But before I show it to her, she stops me and asks me again about Kikwang.

 

“There is something going on that you are hiding? What happen? Tell me…” Bom unnie said with a worried face.

 

“Kikwang didn’t remember me.” I said and give her a sigh.

 

“Remember? What happen to him?” Bom unnie said confusingly.

 

“Kikwang got amnesia from his accident 2 years ago.” I said and want to cry.

 

“What? My goodness!” Bom unnie said who was surprised.

 

“Yes unnie. And also he will get married soon.” I said and tears fall from my eyes.

 

“Sssshhhh… Stop crying.” Bom unnie said and sit beside me patting my back to comfort me.

 

“Excuse me. Here’s your order.” the waitress said and serves what Bom unnie orders.

 

“Okay… Thank you.” Bom unnie said and give me hot mocha.

 

“I just want to move on unnie. Continue my life without him and get busy with my craft but I can’t. What should I do?” I said and let Bom unnie sit on the opposite side of the table.

 

“Okay after we finish our food let’s go somewhere.” Bom unnie said smiley.

 

“Okay unnie.” I said and eat the banana muffins.