Chapter 26 Dad is in pain..

Sketches Of My Life

One month later..

 

After the incident, Karen ignores what Yosoeb did to her but then she still remembering that moment. Kikwang is still sending her a message to talk to her about what he did the last time. But then Karen always avoided him when they met everywhere. Even her family tries to convince her to talk with Kikwang. She always keep telling them that she's busy and no time to other stuff since her museum will be opening soon.

 

"Good morning, Miss Karen! Second floor is now ready to be furnish with your works." Gayoon sent an update message to Karen.

 

"Okay! Thank you.. I'll be there in a moment. Just bought some foods for all of you there." Karen response.

 

Two days to go, Karen will finally opens her museum and let eveyone see what talent she has.

 

"Karen, let's go." Yosoeb said while holding some packed foods.

 

"Okay." Karen said and helps Yoseob towards the car.

 

Yoseob POV

 

"Still not in good terms with Kikwang?" Yoseob said while driving.

 

"You are with them?" Karen said.

 

"I think so? You should make up with him." Yoseob said smiling.

 

"Soon, if I can face him already." Karen said and let out some breath.

 

"Take your time but I hope that soon of yours will be as soon as possible." Yoseob said.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dongwoon POV

 

"Very good, Dori." I said.

 

I am teaching my daughter how to swim since my lovely wife feels Dori will be a Gold Medalist in the future. But were not forcing her to be a swimmer, she just trying to take some test if what kind of sports will Dori likes. As we went out from the swimming pool, Mom approach me if I can drop her by to the grocery store and fetch her after she's done.

 

"Okay, Mom!" I said and took the towel from my wife to dry up.

 

"Thank you, Woonie-yah!" Mom said and proceed to the kitchen to make some food.

 

While on my way to our room, I hear Dad and Dujun hyung's voice from the balcony. Looks like they are arguing with something important, I slowly walk through the door without any noise and hide my self not to be seen by them.

 

"But Dad, you should take the surgery and let them inform about your situation." Dujun said with worried voice.

 

"Surgery?" I said whispering.

 

"I'm too old and I don't need any surgery. Let's just wait when will it stops beating." Dad said while reading some newspaper.

 

"Dad has a heart problem?! Oh my God.." I whisper and trying to escape without any noise.

 

I now get it why Dad change his last well but why he didn't tell us and only Dujun hyung knows this? We are his family and we will always here to help him.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Karen POV

 

Yoseob and I are taking our lunch at the 2nd floor while my five workers together with Gayoon eats at the first floor. Yoseob mention that his Mom was sick and he was thinking to go back to Canada as soon as possible but her Mom keeps telling him that she's okay. His Mom was diagnose with cancer 3 years ago, was treated and gone but early this month his Mom discover that the cancer came back. His Dad told him that her Mom is taking dialysis and feels like she's at risk.

 

"I'm not saying this to disappoint you but she needs you." I said and take some spoonful.

 

"And you?" Yoseob said.

 

"Me? I'm okay.." I said.

 

"I'm just worried about you here." Yoseob said while not looking at me.

 

"Are you kidding me? Your Mom needs you. So you better go back to Canada and comforts her. If she's okay you can come back here if you want." I said looking at him.

 

"You're not feel disappoint?" Yoseob said and we stare at each other.

 

"A bit." I said in my mind.

 

After done eating our lunch, Gayoon informs me that we are ready to open the museum in 2 days after all my artworks are place in the building. I also took the bank accounts of the workers who'd been working so hard to change the building into a fantastic one and I was very satisfied.

 

Finally in just 2 days, I can share it with the whole family and other people who loves artworks. They will see what I really treasured and what kind of talent I have. It's kinda nervous if what may people comment about it but hopefully I will receive some love from them.

 

"Thank you for the support, oppa! I hope you are happy to see what I achieve right now. You will always my inspiration and made me stronger." I said while holding a picture frame.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dujun POV

 

"Knock! Knock! Knock!"

 

I was busy in my office, busy with some documents and paper to be sign when unexpected visitor came. 

 

"Yes?" I said.

 

"Hyung? Can I come in?" the visitor said.

 

I was a little confuse on why someone directly enters my office without my permission and even my secretary didn't informs me that I have a visitor for today.

 

"Okay.." I just said and curious who it was.

 

The door slowly opens but I wasn't sure who it was. But suddenly as he enters the room, I can figure out who it was and it was Dongwoon.

 

"Oh.. You're here.." I said and stand to greet him with hug.

 

"Woah~ You're truly a CEO.. Nice to see you, hyung." Dongwoon said.

 

Before we can continue our business, I inform my secretary to not receive any visitors at the moment because I was busy and later I will just call her if we're done.

 

"Can you also give us coffee and cupcake if available?" I said.

 

"Okay sir." My secretary said.

 

"Please take a sit my dongsaeng. And what are you doing here? I though you will start your job here after your graduation?" I said.

 

"No, hyung. I went here to talk to you about something very important. And I hope you will answer me directly." Dongwoon said.

 

"Knock! Knock! Knock!"

 

"Sir, your coffee with cupcakes." My secretary said.

 

"Okay come in." I said.

 

"Here's your coffee, Sir." My secretary said and excuse himself.

 

By the way, my secretary is a boy and his name is Junhyung.

 

"Thank you." I said and proceed on what Dongwoon's said.

 

"Is Dad sick?" Dongwoon suddenly ask.

 

I was a bit shock and put the mug on the saucer. I don't know why he knows that thing. Did Dad told him? When? But Dad didn't informed me that he told Dongwoon about his condition.

 

"I heard you two talking at the balcony, hyung. Is it severe? That he needs to undergo surgery?" Dongwoon said while staring at me.

 

I don't know how to explain everything to him at that moment. I know he will understand why we hide it from the family. I need to explain to him slowly by slowly from when it started and why Dad decided not to undergo the surgery.

 

Ever since when Karen left, Dad already have his heart disease and Mom knows it but not that severe as he told me. We hide it from the family to avoid causing Mom not to worried and Karen who is leaving to Canada. Dad and I always go to his Doctor every thrice a month to update about his health and Doctor always advice him to do the surgery. His Doctor also informs us that the surgery might be not 100% can cure him, that's why Dad decided not to undergo surgery because its useless and just take the prescribed medicine. Dad always hide the other medicine from Mom to avoid suspicions.

 

"But hyung you should inform Mom about this. Hyung, please let us inform them. It has been too long to hide it. Dad is important to us. Please hyung. We should tell them. Please." Dongwoo said begging.

 

"I think its time Dongwoon. I don't want to hide it anymore. It gives me pain everytime I see Mom smiling at me like there's no big problem that our family facing." I said.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Song family are taking their dinner together and Dujun decided to tell the whole family about Mr. Song's condition tonigt. Mr. Song give Dujun a signal to tell them and let everyone gather in the living room area after done eating.

 

After the meal, all the family member slowly gather in the living area and was puzzle on what Dujun would confess. Dongwoon was quite the whole night since they arrived from the company to the living room. Chaerin is kinda feel weird on Dongwoon.

 

Dujun POV

 

"Are you guys complete?" Dujun started.

 

"Yes, we are" the whole members said.

 

"It would be shocking to you guys but I need to let it out for you to know and support Dad about his condition. It's been hard for me to hide it from you but Dad give me a favor to later inform you." I said.

 

The atmosphere went in silence and I could feel that Mom is about to cry. I saw Dad's sad face and couldn't stare at me and just stare at something. I feel so emotional but I need to stop it and continue on what I was doing. Dongwoon can't take it and walk out.

 

"Dad has heart disease." I continue.

 

"What?" Karen said.

 

"What do you mean?" Mom said confuse.

 

"Heart disease? Why? How?" Karen said who is confuse also.

 

"And there's no sure if surgery can cure or heal him." I said getting emotional.

 

"No.. No.. No.. Dujun." Mom said and started to cry.

 

"Honey.." Mom said and went to Dad crying.

 

All of us are so emotional, Mom and Dad are hugging each other. I know its difficult but we have to admit that Dad is very sick. Mom knows that Dad has heart disease but not that severe to the point that he needs a surgery. He knows it when Seunghyun hyung died from the accident and let him take medicine to heal him. Karen went outside to calm herself, Gina let me sit beside her to comfort her while Chaerin hugs Dori who is clueless about what happen.