Chapter 19 Welcome To The Neighborhood

Sketches Of My Life

Karen POV

 

Knock! Knock! Knock!

 

"Noona? Are you awake? Breakfast is ready." Dongwoon said while knocking.

 

"Good morning!" I greeted Dongwoon while opening the door.

 

"Oh! Noona, good morning! You're so pretty. Do you have someone to meet up?" Dongwoon ask and hug me.

 

"No. I'm going to the building.. No.. No.. No.. My soon-to-be-museum.. Hehehe.." I said and we went to the dining area together.

 

As we walk through the stairs, Mom shouted us to hurry up because the food might be cold. We hurriedly went together and eat.

 

"Pretty unnie, I'm eating potato and carrot." Dori suddenly said.

 

"Wow! Very good!" I said and gave her two thumbs up.

 

"Yehey! Dori finally eats vegetables. Yehey!" Dujun oppa said and clap.

 

All of us gave Dori around of applause for what she did. Dujun oppa who was so happy seeing Dori like that, tells Dori that he will buying her a present as a reward.

 

Dori was so happy hearing what Dujun oppa said hurriedly went towards him to give him a kiss as a thank you.

 

It was a perfect day to start, seeing my whole family eating happily with me is so precious and will always be treasured.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After a happy breakfast with my family, I went outside where Dongwoon parked my car earlier and check my things if there are something I forgot.

 

"Dear? Are you sure you will take Tammy with you? " Mom suddenly approach and ask.

 

"Yes, Mom. Is there anything problem?" I said and close the door of my car.

 

"Nothing. I'm just worried that Tammy might give you headache." Mom said while holding my hands.

 

"It's okay, Mom. Nothing to be worried about it and I know Tammy is a good boy. He will listen to me." I said with confidence.

 

"Okay. If there's anything wrong don't ever hesitate to call us if ever, okay?" Mom said.

 

"Sure, Mom!" I said and hug her.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Karen POV

 

I was in the middle of driving when my phone suddenly rings.

 

Ring.. Ring.. Ring..

 

I then put my wireless headset and answer the call. I didn't dare to look at my phone screen on who was calling.

 

"Hello?" I said.

 

"Hi my Angel!" the other line said.

 

"Yoseobbie? Is that you? Why did you call?" I said.

 

"Oh! I thought you will not recognize my voice. Anyway, I call you to check if what are you doing right now. Are you busy?" Yoseob said.

 

"I know your voice, Yoseobbie. I am going to my soon-to-be-museum. You?" I said.

 

"I'm cooking some food to eat." Yoseob said.

 

"Oh I see. I hope I can taste that dish." I said.

 

"You will.. Anyway, are you alone?" Yoseob ask.

 

"I will? What do you mean?" I said.

 

"I said you will if you will comeback here if ever." Yoseob said.

 

"Ahh okay.. Hehe.." I said.

 

Yoseob POV

 

I was cooking some carbonara while talking to Karen on the phone and Bom noona also made some kimbap. I decided now that its time for me to meet her and tell her that I will be staying here in Seoul for good. 

 

I was a bit confused on why Karen didn't realize that I was using Bom noona's phone. I think she didn't check on who was calling her. She so cute acting like clueless and I found her dumbfounded.

 

"I'm with Tammy." Karen said.

 

"I thought you're with someone. I will get jealous if ever. Hehehe." I said.

 

"Yoseobbie..." Karen said.

 

"Okay.. okay.. Okay.. I'm sorry.. I said."

 

"It's okay. No need to be sorry but don't do it again, okay?" Karen siad.

 

"Okay! After I finish this dish, I will call you back later." I said.

 

"Okay Yoseobbie.. Take care always!" Karen said and hang up.

 

I am so excited to finally meet her. Its been one week since I arrived here in Seoul and I bet she will get angry on why I didn't tell her but I hope she will be happy seeing me.

 

"Noona, can you taste this?" I ask Bom noona to taste my carbonara sauce.

 

"Wait.." Bom noona said.

 

"Wooooooooooaaaaaaaah... Yoseob ah! Jjang! Daebak! So delicious!" Bom noona said happily.

 

"You're a good cook." she added and give me two thumbs up.

 

"Thank you, noona!" I said with satisfaction smile.

 

"Can I have mine? Just little." Bom noona beg for her part.

 

"Here noona.. Finish that all, okay?" I said and give her a bowl of pasta and put the sauce and sprinkle some cheese on top.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Are you sure to just take the subway, Yoseob? I can let you borrow my car if you want." Bom noona ask.

 

"No. I'm okay noona. It's fine with me. I need to familiarize Seoul City." I said while preparing my self to leave.

 

"Are you really sure? I just worried that you might not take the right subway." Bom noona said worriedly.

 

"Noona.. I know how to ask.. I know how to read the Korean characters and if there is something problem, I can call you to fetch me, right?" I said and hug her.

 

"Yes and be sure, okay? Since you're here in Seoul living with me, its my responsiblity to take care of you. Your parents will get mad if there is something happen to you." Bom noona said.

 

"Don't worry. I can handle this my own." I said and let go her from hugging.

 

"Okay.." Bom noona said.

 

I took the paper bag with her where the food that we prepared earlier was put. I assure Bom noona that I will be safe away from her home and will go home safe also.

 

"Bye noona.." I said while waving.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I slowly park my car outside my building that finally I owned. I stop the engine, unfasten my seatbelt and get out from my car. As I close the door of my car, an old lady approaches me and I think she is carrying a basket full of fruit with her.

 

"Hi! Good morning, Miss." the old lady greeted me.

 

"Hi Ma'am, Good morning!" I replied and bow at her.

 

"You must be the new owner of this building, right?" she said.

 

"Yes, Ma'am." I said.

 

"Oh I see. Welcome to the neighborhood." she said with a big smile on her face.

 

"Oh you're welcome!" I said and give her a handshake.

 

"By the way, may I know your name? My name is Susan and here's a basket of fruits. I hope you like it. A welcome present for you from me and my husband who's been already here for 20 years." she said.

 

"Woah! Thank you Ma'am Susan for this. Its a pleasure to be one of your new neighborhood here and also thank you for this basket of fruits." I said while receiving her present.

 

I didn't realize that Tammy is still inside the car and was barking until I recognize him. Ma'am Susan who saw Tammy on the car got worried. I then open the door of the car and unfasten him from the seatbelt.

 

Tammy who was feeling excited and happy, running around the car while Ma'am Susan was smiling seeing Tammy like that. She then excuses her self to go back in their mini grocery store. I let her go, say thank you again for welcoming me and for the gift that she gave me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kikwang POV

 

I finally decided to have my bakery shop instead of restaurant that my Mom already has. Dad and Mom approves my decision and excited for the opening soon. Hyuna who is a bread lover is so happy on my decision and will give me a pots of flower for my shop.

 

While I was walking towards my shop, I saw Karen standing beside her car not that far away while talking to Susan Umma. She is so pretty even though from afar and so simple to dress. Anyway, my bakery shop is 2 buildings before her and she still didn't know that I owned a bakery shop near her museum.

 

After Karen and Susan done talking, I went inside my bakery shop that is not totally furnish yet. And let my workers take their break and serve them the food I bought earlier.