Chapter 28 Sketches de Museum

Sketches Of My Life

Karen POV

 

Today is the day! The event will start at 9:00 o'clock in the morning and we will be leaving the house at 8:00 o'clock in the morning.

 

All of us are ready to go. I wasn't informed that Han family will be leaving with us together. Again like when we went to Jeju, we are separated with our parents and again Kikwang sits beside me. While on our way to my museum, I was so quiet and busy with my phone. I was busy sending Yoseob some messages eventhough there's no response from him even once. I was worried and texted also Bom noona for Yoseob's condition.

 

Dongwoon who notice my action, call my name and ask me what's bothering me. I just tell them that I was quite nervous  and excited for today's event for them not to be worried. I informed them earlier this morning on what had happen to Yoseob's Mom last night and they are so feel pitied for what happened.

 

Kikwang who was sitting beside me, cheer me up and told me that everything happens for a reason. He also added that all of us will be experiencing that kind of journey. I was amaze on how he handle the situation and yes he is right. So today I give my all and later I will visit Yoseob after the event if he may not come.

 

"Good luck and fighting!" Kikwang said and smile.

 

"Thank you! Sorry.." I said and response to his smile.

 

"It's okay.." Kikwang said and hold my hand.

 

I feel startle but I let him do that since I'm not that feeling well to what happen. Somehow, I feel sorry for what I treated him the last time but I know he understand why I did that. I am so grateful to God that there are many people who were their to comfort me when I am down and not that feeling good. 

 

"Thank you so much for this previous people I have, Lord God." I said whispering.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The event went as Karen expected from cutting the ribbon, Priest blessed the museum and held a mass. To introduce the museum to her family, friends and visitors. Karen feel emotional the moment he introduce the works of her brother, Senghyun who went already to heaven and peaceful living with God. Mrs. Song felt emotional and so proud for what had happen while Mr. Song is so amaze on what he's son and daughter's talents are. A good result to a good decision. He felt guilty, if he had done this earlier when Seunghyun is still alive. Things will definitely perfect as it is today.

 

All the guest were so amazed and surprised about their collections. You can see how it was gone lively and inspirely. Looks like it has a life everytime you view it from a far but when you're in near, they are sketches and arts.

 

The second floor is more of happy family ambiance, you can see Karen's family members from her Dad, Mom, Dujun, Dongwoon, Tammy and to her new added family members Chaerin, Dori, Gina and Junnie. You can easily describe the place by viewing the sketches works.

 

There is this one art that Karen plan to let eveyone see together and you can notice it was huge size and it was covered with cloth. All of them were so excited and preparing to see what this art will be.

 

"One of my precious and treasured sketch and one of the biggest I guess." Karen said.

 

"I will introduce to you my big family." Karen added and pulled down the cloth slowly.

 

A happy family portrait and it titles.. "My Precious Family"..

 

You can see Mr. Song and Mrs. Song sits on the center, 3 brother were at the back standing (Seunghyun, Dujun and Dongwoon) and 3 ladies sitting on the floor (Gina holding baby Junnie, Chaerin with Dori on the side and Karen with Tammy on her right side) while giving there best smiles.

 

Song family were so surprise and feel so emotional on what they saw. It's incredible to see how Karen did the awesome art by herself without the help of her family. Mrs. Song give Karen a hug of appreciation and joyful with tears on her eyes. She cannot believe that her daughter can done this kind of art. 

 

You can hear many applause from the people around them. It was really unexpected to see an art like Karen does. Few guest were enable to notice that one of the family has halo on the head. Well, Karen forgot to mention it and informs them right away the reason.

 

"Seunghyun oppa is already in heaven so I put some halo." Karen said and smile.

 

After Karen introduces all her sketches and her Seunghyun oppa's sketches, they proceed to eat their lunch and enjoying the environment. She still not seeing Yoseob around, she took her phone from Gayoon and there's no message or missed call from him. He then excuse herself outside to call Yoseob.

 

As she went outside the museum, someone approaches her and ask.

 

"I'm sorry if I'm late." A guy with a husky voice said.

 

"No, it's okay. You can still get inside." Karen said while busy dialing on her phone.

 

The guy is still standing in front of her, she didn't know who it was until her eyes sees it and it was Yoseob.

 

"Sorry we were late. Congratulation, Karen." Bom noona said happily as soon as Karen saw her and went first inside.

 

"Are you okay?" Karen ask Yoseob who is wearing shades.

 

"I'm okay.. Don't worry.. Sorry if I didn't response to any of your messages." Yoseob explaining.

 

"It's okay.. Let's go and grab some lunch. I know that you're hungry." Karen said while dragging him inside.

 

Kikwang POV

 

I am so proud of what she has right now and I'm kinda bit not expecting totally to her sketches. I can still remember some of sketches that she have done before going to Canada 5 years ago. So happy to see that I was included and my Han family to her collections. I am planning to give her the letters later after this event ends and let her know how much I treasured those letters.

 

I saw Yoseob together with Karen eating their lunch. Today, I don't see Yoseob as a rival but a friend who needs a friend who will comfort him for what he is going through. I grab some bottle of wine to share it with them. 

 

"Want some wine guys?" I said as I approach.

 

"Oooh thank you. Just a little bit." Karen said.

 

"Me too.." Yoseob said and give me a smile.

 

There were no awkward feelings between us, I never feel so weird at that time and it feels like we were best of friends. I don't know why it happens suddenly but I happy and relief.

 

We chat for awhile like there's no incident we encountered last time. There was no cold response from Yoseob and Karen to me. That was the first conversation we have together comfortably.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bom POV

 

Flashback... 

 

I decided to attend the event without Yoseob even though it's a bit late and I know Karen will understand what was the reason. I was preparing myself, take some shower, wear a dress and put some light make. As I went to Yoseob's room to check him, he was already waiting in the living room to go with me. I was a bit worried whether he just pushed himself to go to the event.

 

"Is it okay for you to go with me?" I asked as I approached him.

 

"Yeah.. I'm okay.. There's nothing to be worried, noona. I should have to attend her special day." Yoseob said and give me a quick smile.

 

I let Yoseob wear some shades because of his eyes are swollen due to crying and to avoid guest get confused. I know what Yoseob may carrying right now and I'm so worried if he just pushed himself to attend the event. 

 

While on our way to Karen's museum, we drop by a flowershop to buy Karen a bouquet as a present and some cake. This is the first time I saw Yoseob that is so quiet and I hope later he will tell me what he really feels in order to lessen what he is carrying.

 

End of flashback..

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Karen POV

 

The event ended so well and I never expected that to happen. After my guests went home one by one, my family together with Han family are still chatting and enjoying the event. Before I forgot, I introduce Ramon ahjussi and Susan ahjumma to my big family. My Mom gives Susan ahjumma a hug while my Dad give a handshake to Ramon ahjussi. Seeing them together makes me so happy and blessed. 

 

I leave them for awhile to check if Yoseob is still in the museum and wandering around. I saw Bom noona in the balcony, who is busy capturing some photo of the place and flower that are placed there. 

 

"Unnie.." I suddenly approach her.

 

"Oh mah!" Bom unnie startle.

 

"You scare me.." she added.

 

"Where's Yoseob?" I ask.

 

"Yoseob? I saw him with Kikwang awhile ago." Bom unnie said.

 

"With Kikwang?" I said confuse.

 

"Yes. By the way, where did you bought this plants?" Bom unnie said while pointing some of the plants.

 

"Ahh.. From Hyuna's flowershop.. Kikwang's stepsister.." I said and smile.

 

"Can you give me her contact?" she said.

 

"Okay.. Here.." I said and let her borrow my phone to copy Hyuna's phone number.

 

"By the way, how's Yoseob unnie?" I ask.

 

"I'm a bit worried with his action since I'm not use to it but maybe because of his Mom." Bom unnie said and give me back my phone.

 

"I guess so, unnie. But well I'm still thankful that he let out some of those heavy feelings to me." I said.

 

"Anyway, thank you for always there for him. I'm a bit relief." Bom unnie said.

 

"No problem, unnie." I said.

 

"Let's go downstairs." Bom unnie.

 

"Okay.. Let's go.. I think everybody is there.." I said and we proceed to the lobby where my family are.

 

As we went downstairs, we saw Yoseob laughing and chatting with them. I'm a bit relief since I saw him again happy and interacting with people, unlike earlier he is kinda quiet. Mom informs me that Dujun oppa and Gina unnie went home first because of Junnie who is not good to stay late night far from home. After some chit chat, we decided to end the converstion and went home.

 

We first send off Gayoon, Susan ahjumma and Ramon ahjussi. Next is Bom noona without Yoseob since he's car is in my museum parking area. Lastly, Han family together with my family without me since I decided to just ride on Yoseob's car.

 

"Are you sure you can drive?" Bom unnie said who is worried to Yoseob.

 

"I definitely okay now since Karen's family comforts me awhile ago." Yoseob said and give Bom unnie a hug.

 

"Sure? Call me if not, okay?" Bom unnie said and ride to her car.

 

Yoseob give her an okay hand sign and proceed to his car while my family is still not leaving and waiting for me. Dongwoon drives the van since Dujun oppa went home earlier ago.

 

"Mom, I'll be riding with Yoseob so you can leave now." I said from the outside of the car.

 

"Be careful, okay?" Dad reminds me.

 

"Okay! we will." I said and give my goodbyes.

 

"Drive carefully Woonie." I said for the last time.

 

"Yes, Ma'am.." Dongwoon said.

 

After they leave, Han family does too. Kikwang gives me a congratulation hug before they leave. After, I ride to Yoseob's car and went home.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As we arrive to our house, Yoseob stops the car and unfasten our seat belt and stay there for awhile. Before sending off Yoseob home, I want to stay there with him since he will be flying to Canada tomorrow and I don't know when he will be coming back. 

 

"So have a safe flight tomorrow, Yoseobbie." I started the conversation.

 

"I will, Karen." Yoseob said and give me his sweetest smile.

 

"It's quite late, go inside and rest. I know your tired." Yoseob added.

 

We went outside the car together and say our goodbye to each other. Before I went inside, Yoseob hug me tight and give me a kiss on my forehead. 

 

"Always take care of your self when I'm not away, okay?" Yoseob said.

 

"I ask someone to watch over you when I'm not around." he added.

 

"Someone? Who?" I ask.

 

The first person in my mind is Bom unnie who is the closest and the one I know who will let him to do that.

 

"Go inside now. It's kinda cold also." Yoseob said.

 

"Okay.. Thank you, Yoseobbie. Be safe!" I said and give him a kiss on the cheek.

 

He got surprise to what I did and he just give me his smile. After that Yoseob leaves and I went inside the house.

 

"I will definitely miss those sweetest smiles of him." I said whispering.