Chapetr 20 Someone is Jealous

Sketches Of My Life

Karen POV

 

I put my basket of fruits that Ma'am Susan gave me at the backseat of my car and proceed to the main door of my building. I took the key in my bag while Tammy is beside me waiting for me to unlock the padlock. As I push the door, Tammy hurriedly went inside running and wandering around on the first and the second floor.

 

"Tammy slowly." I said and smile.

 

I went directly to the second floor to see what are the things I might change and the walls that I might to change the color paintings. As I went to the balcony, I saw a cute table and 2 chairs in the opposite sides. Did Daesung oppa forgot this things to bring with him? I took my phone in my bag to call Daesung oppa to ask him about the table and 2 chairs.

 

"Ring.. Ring.. Ring.."

 

"Hello? Oppa?" I said.

 

"Oh Karen. What can I do for you?" Daesung oppa answer and ask.

 

"You forgot something here." I said.

 

"Forgot something? Do you mean the table and chairs?" Daesung oppa said.

 

"Yes." I said and seat on the chair.

 

"Oh about that. Its my present for you. Is it cute, right?" Daesung oppa said.

 

"Oh really? Are you sure? Well, Thank you, Oppa!" I said and got excited.

 

"It's my gift for you for buying my building and advance gift for your upcoming museum." Daesung oppa said.

 

"Its very cute and I love the color. Did you made this?" I said while caressing the table.

 

"You're welcome! No, I just ordered that last week from my friend." Daesung oppa said.

 

"Ahh okay, Oppa. Did I disturb you?" I said.

 

"Not that really. Hehehe." Daesung oppa said.

 

"Okay then. Bye oppa and thank you once again for this cute present. Take care!" I said.

 

"Okay.. You're welcome and take care also." He said and we hang up.

 

After calling Daesung oppa, I went downstair to check Tammy if what he is doing who is not yet to be found on the second floor. I then saw him stiffing the ground like he's checking for something. 

 

"Tammy what are you doing?" I said.

 

Tammy just continue what he is doing and didn't hear what I said. I went to my car outside to get my camera and will take some picture inside my building. As I open the door of my car and look for my camera at the backseat. I feel someone is standing at my back and waiting for me to face him/her.

 

As I saw the camera and took it from the backseat. I close the door of my car, stand and take some inhale exhale to take away my nervousness. As I face the other side, I saw Yoseob's face and froze for a seconds or minutes. Yoseob is smiling, standing infront of me and I don't know what reaction should I do.

 

"Surprise!" Yoseob broke the silent while spreading his both arms.

 

"Yoseobbie?" I said and hug him tight right away.

 

"Yes, its me!" Yoseob said and hugs me tight too.

 

"You're here.." I said and starting to cry.

 

"Yes, I'm here." he said and gently caressing my head.

 

"Ssssshhhhh. Stop crying, you might become ugly." he added.

 

"I neverthough the you will be here." I said and still hugging him while crying.

 

"But wait!? When did you arrived and what you are doing here? And why did you know this place?" I added and let go from hugging him.

 

"Huh? Hehehe.. Stop crying.. I'll explain later but before that let me hug you again because I really miss you, My angel." Yoseob said while scratching his head and hug me tight again.

 

I was really surprise on Yoseob's appearance, the moment I saw him standing infront of me is like how many years we didn't see each other. Seeing him is like I know I have someone to lean on beside my family who is there always to comfort and support me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kikwang POV

 

"Who is he?" I said whispering while seeing Karen with a guy hugging him.

 

Who is that man and who is he in Karen's life? My heart broke into pieces the time I saw the scene, the whole scene from start from hugging tightly. I'm the one should doing that to her and like who the hell is that man. I'm getting jealous right now seeing the scene that I can't imagine will happen. What is their relationship? Why is Karen so happy and emotionally hugging that guy? I need to find out who that guy is and who is he to Karen's life.

 

"Hey! Kikwang!" Ramon appa approaches me.

 

"Hi Ramon appa." I said.

 

"Is she the girl you've been talking about to us, right??" Ramon appa said and gave me an apple.

 

"Hmmmm.... yes..." I said and accept the apple.

 

"Thank you!" I added.

 

"Let's talk inside. Susan made something to eat." Ramon appa said.

 

"Okay.. I let my workers inform that I'll be going to your place." I said and went inside my bakery shop.

 

Susan umma and Ramon appa are my Mom's close friends and my godparents. When Mom build a restaurant near them, they welcome her in the neighborhood and become so close since then. They always helps my Mom whenever she needs something from them and vice versa. They become my second parents also and always supports me, guide me, and love me like their own child. Since they don't have kids because Susan umma have a problem on having a baby.

 

"Eat well, Kikwang." Susan umma said and gave me a bowl of kimchi jjigae.

 

"Thanks." I said and starts to eat.

 

"Its okay son. Don't give up on her." Ramon appa said and pat my back.

 

"I know she still love you and you still love her right?" Ramon appa added.

 

"Is just that I don't like seeing her with the other guy. I feel like my heart is hurting like crazy." I said.

 

"Oooooohhhh... Someone is jealous over here.." Susan umma said.

 

"Well if you have courage to talk to her, goooooo! We are here to support you." Ramon appa said and finish his meal.

 

"Kikwang, I know Karen will understand and will listen to you if you will tell her everything." Susan umma said.

 

"And please don't lie to her anymore." Susan umma added and pinch my cheek.

 

I finish my meal together with Susan Umma while Ramon appa went outside to watch their store. I am very thankful with this couple, always there to support and advise me on what should I do. Though my real parents also does like them but I'm blessed that there are other people love me and treat me like their own child.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yoseob explain everything to Karen from when he arrives, staying in Seoul for good and managing Bom noona's restaurant soon. Karen who heard everything from Yoseob feels so excited and happy but a little bit worried. But why is she feeling like that? Maybe because of Kikwang? But Kikwang is soon will getting married and will have his own family.

 

"Karen, is there anything wrong?" Yoseob said while preparing the food that he brought.

 

"Nothing. Is just that there is something bothering me but I can handle it my own." Karen said and gave him a big smile.

 

"Are you sure? If you want some help, I'm just here and free." Yoseob said.

 

"Okay!" Karen said. 

 

"Woaaaahhhhh! Yoseobbie, did you prepare this?" Karen said happily.

 

"Yes, just for you. I made this 3 side dishes and carbonara while Bom noona made this kimbap." Yoseob said while pointing the dishes to Karen.

 

"Here's your food. Slowly, okay?" he added.

 

"I'm so excited to taste this. Really!" Karen said and starting to eat.

 

Karen and Yoseob eat their meal at the balcony using the table and chairs that Daesung's present to Karen. Karen likes the carbonara that Yoseob cooked, the side dishes and the kimbap that Bom made. It was a happy meal for the both of them but there is someone who is not that happy seeing the two. Kikwang saw the two eating their meal from downstairs outside the building. He wants to go upstairs to join the two or drag Karen away from the guy. 

 

"Life really is so unfair." Kikwang said and walk away back to his bakery shop.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Karen POV

 

After a happy meal with Yoseob, I help him cleaning the table and throw the garbage outside together. Yoseob who is walking together with me on the stairs ask something or should I say, a request.

 

"Can you grant my request?" Yoseob suddenly ask.

 

"Huh? About what?" I said.

 

"Can I hold your hand?" Yoseob said.

 

"Huh?" I said and startle on what he ask.

 

Without my permission, Yoseob suddenly hold my hand tightly and drag me outside to throw the garbage. I was very shock on what he is doing unexpectedly because he always ask some permission from me before doing something even if it is small thing. What's with Yoseob? Is there something I have to know? Or should I ask him? Ever since Yoseob didn't know how to lie to me and didn't even dare to keep secret from me. What should I do? Should I ask Bom unnie?

 

After we throw the garbage outside, I saw Kikwang walking towards us with Ma'am Susan. As I saw Kikwang's eyes, I saw sadness that I don't know how to explain. What happen to Kikwang? Is there something happen to his family or what? And what he is doing here together with Ma'am Susan?

 

"Hi!" Ma'am Susan greeted us.

 

"Hi Ma'am Susan! Hi Kikwang!" I said and give them a fake smile.

 

"Anyway, he is Yoseob my friend in Canada and will be living here for good." I said and introduce Yoseob to them.

 

"Hi Ma'am Susan and Kikwang. I'm Yang Yoseob, same age with Karen and her special someone." Yoseob said and give them a handshake with his left hand while the right hand is still holding my hand.

 

"Oh.. Nice to meet you. I thought your Karen's boyfriend and you're also a Korean?" Ma'am Susan said.

 

"Yes.. I was born here in Seoul and we migrated to Canada. Eventhough I grew up in Canada, I'm still learning Korean and my parents talk to us in Korean. That's why I'm fluent on it." Yoseob said.

 

I was there just standing, listening to Ma'am Susan and Yoseob talking while Kikwang just stare on us. From our hands that was intertwined to our faces. He didn't dare to talk even if a single word and just stand there beisde Ma'am Susan. What he is doing? Is there something wrong about me and Yoseob holding hands so tightly?