Chapter 3 Flashback 2

Sketches Of My Life

It was a Sunday morning, all the members of Song family are in their own rooms except to Mrs. Song who cooks some delicious dishes for her family. Mr. Song was on their balcony sipping a cup of coffee while reading a newspaper. Dujun is watching a movie on his laptop. Dongwoon and Chaerin are still sleeping in their room, Chaerin just moved to the Song family after 2 weeks of Dongwoon’s confession and while Karen is busy sketching with different kinds of animals.

 

After Dongwoon confessed about Chaerin’s condition, Song and Lee family approved their relationship, live and raise the child together even though there are too young but will be getting married after.

 

Guys! The food is ready… Come down all of you and we will eat together. It’s bad to wait the food. Mrs. Song calls downstairs.

 

The first person who came into the dining area is Dujun followed by Karen, Chaerin, Dongwoon and Mr. Song. All of them sat and eat together.

 

“Chaerin, try this vegetable soup I made only for you and the baby.” Mrs. Song said while passing the soup of bowl to Chaerin.

 

“Thank you, Ma’am!” Chaerin said and took the bowl.

 

“Ma’am? Call me “Mom”. Treat me like your mom, okay?” Mrs. Song said.

 

While they are eating, Mrs. Song remembers about what Karen said to her the last time when Dongwoon confessed. She forgot about that the whole two weeks. And now she remembers, she then asks Karen.

 

 “Sweetie Karen? What do you want to tell us? About the last time…. you want to talk something important to me and Dad. Mrs. Song said.

 

“About what Karen?” Mr. Song also said.

 

“Hmm… About…” Karen said nervously.

 

Dujun notice that Karen is not well prepared and nervous who is besides her sitting on the dining table.

 

“About her birthday!” Dujun interrupt.

 

“Owww right! This coming Saturday, right? Why I forgot that day.” Mrs. Song said.

 

“Yeah… Mom.. My birthday… I forgot also.” Karen said while forcing herself to smile.

 

Thanks God, Dujun was there who save her. After they finish eating, they went directly to living room area to discuss and plan on how they will be celebrating Karen’s birthday.

 

“So where do you want to celebrate your birthday, noona?” Dongwoon asked.

 

“Why don’t we try on the beach? I just want to celebrate my birthday with my family only.” Karen suggested.

 

“It’s a good idea! Can we invite Gina’s family?” Dujun said excitedly.

 

“Right! Invite them tomorrow personally Dujun, okay?.” Mrs. Song replied.

 

“And also Chaerin’s family.” Mrs. Song added.

 

“I don’t know if they will join because my brother Teayang is busy with the company. My Mom and Dad are always not here in Korea, they always travel abroad.” Chaerin said shyly.

 

“It’s okay! We’ll try next time.” Mrs. Song said.

 

Finally after an hour of discussing about Karen’s birthday, Mr. Song talks and suggested to have some bodyguards on their way to Jeju Island for their safety.

 

“Let’s provide bodyguards for our safety. What do you think, Yeobo?” Mr. Song suggests.

 

“Okay Yeobo.” Mrs. Song replied and dismisses their discussion.

 

After they finish discussing, Karen directly went to her room and Dujun follow her. Dongwoon, Chaerin, Mrs. Song and Mr. Song are watching television in the living room area.

 

Karen POV

 

“I’ll just go to my room. I will take a nap.” I said and left.

 

“Okay, sweetie. I will wake you up for dinner.” Mrs. Song said.

 

“Okay… Mom…” I replied.

 

As I walk through the stairs I didn’t notice Dujun oppa followed me and put his arms on my shoulder.

 

“O-oppa? You want to take a nap also?” I said.

 

“Aniyo. I’ll just accompany you to your room for you to be safe.” Dujun oppa said jokingly.

 

“Ooohhh… How sweet! Oppa this is the safest place I know and I can shout here if there is something wrong.” I said chuckling.

 

“Thanks anyway for saving me in the dining area. You’re my savior!” I added.

 

“You’re always welcome!” Dujun said.

 

As we arrived in front of my room, Dujun asked me about Kikwang who is always busy in his school. We texted each other but Kikwang always replied late. Since Kikwang entered High school he became so busy and we can’t meet each other. We just meet accidently or some occasions in our families.

 

My mom and Kikwang’s mom are childhood friends and very close together as if they are like sisters. After having their own family, having their own kids and separated. They never cut their communication with one another, until my mom and my dad migrated in Vancouver, Canada. But when I turned 10 years old, our family came back to Korea because my grandpa died and my Dad is the only son who can manage the company well.

 

My Mom called Kikwang’s Mom to find us some good quality house and lot for our living. It’s a good timing because the house across them is an urgent for sale. So my Mom purchased it right away and we moved over.

 

“I hope all of them will join us on your birthday. I just miss my girl.” Dujun oppa said.

 

“You miss her? Are you insane oppa? You always fetch Gina unnie in her shop every day.” I said with disbelief.

 

“That is called love...” Dujun oppa said while staring at me.

 

“Okay… Okay… Okay… I will take a nap and you can go now.” I said and open the door of my room.

 

“Okay! Sweet dreams my dongsaeng.” Dujun oppa and left.

 

After he left, I lock my door and lay down on my bed. I feel like I’m sick but I just take some nap, I took my sketch pad and draw.

 

After 20 minutes…

 

“Done!” I said.

 

I put in the date, day and my signature. And also the very important detail, the title.

 

The title is “The Perfect Family”, it was an image of a family were 3 handsome young men standing at the back of a couple with a beautiful girl sitting on the floor.

 

I stared at the sketch for a moment and my tears fall. I closed my sketch pad and hug it.

 

“I really miss you so much Seunghyun oppa…” I whisper and continue to cry until I fall asleep.