Chapter 15 Avoiding Him

Sketches Of My Life

Bom POV

 

I’m on my way to my coffee shop, Karen texted me earlier that she has something important to tell me. What would it be this time? About Kikwang again? I hope not this time.

 

Ring… Ring… Ring…

 

My phone rings and I put on my wireless headset. It was Karen on the phone and I think she arrive first.

 

“Hello Karen.” I said.

 

“I’m here already waiting for you.” Karen said in the other line.

 

“Arasso… Just take some order.” I said.

 

“Okay unnie. Thank you!” Karen said and we hang up.

 

After 10 minutes…

 

I arrive at my coffee shop and hurriedly run inside where I found Karen immediately. I saw her sipping her hot drink while busy sketching.

 

“Hey Miss Beautiful Lady.” I said and sit on the opposite side.

 

“Unnie!” Karen said and stop on what she is doing.

 

“What are you doing?” I said.

 

“I’m sketching our new member of the family.” Karen said while continuing to sketch.

 

“Who?” I said with a confused look.

 

Karen stops from sketching and look at into my eyes. And then I realize that Gina gave birth yesterday with their Dujun’s baby.

 

“I’m sorry…” I said and laugh.

 

“By the way, what was the important thing you said earlier? What is it?” I said and call a waitress.

 

“Just wait unnie. I’ll just finish this and after I will tell you.” Karen said.

 

It was a big relief that she is fine and seeing her smiling again. But is she really okay or she’s hiding it from me?

 

“I’m done! Here unnie.” Karen said and gave me the sketch pad.

 

The moment I saw the image, it looks like it has a life and you want to take it home. Karen never fails me to amaze about her talent and I’m so proud of her.

 

“Wow! Looks so beautiful. He looks like Dujun.” I said giggling and give it back to her.

 

“Thank you unnie. By the way, I really need your help. I need a place to build my museum. Where I can buy unnie? Do you have some contacts?” Karen said.

 

“Do you mean land to build a small building?” I said.

 

“Yes. Where I can buy?” Karen said.

 

“Wait…” I said and took my phone from my bag.

 

Karen POV

 

I was waiting to Bom unnie to come back from calling her cousin on the phone outside. My phone rings and I took it from my bag. I saw the screen and I don’t know who it was.

 

“Hello?” I said.

 

“Hi my Angel… How are you?” a man said in the other line.

 

“Who is this?” I said.

 

“You already forgot my voice? It’s me Yoseobbie!” he said.

 

I was surprised the moment he said his name and stand from my chair. I really miss his voice, his cute eyes and his smile. I saw Bom unnie entering the shop after calling her cousin and then I excuse myself to talk to Yoseob outside.

 

“Yoseobbie! I really miss you…” I said happily.

 

“I thought you didn’t miss me. How are you?” Yoseob said.

 

“I’m okay… I’m here at Bom unnie’s coffee shop.” I said.

 

“Are you sure you're really okay? I can feel it….” Yoseob said.

 

“Yes??? By the way, I’m sorry for not calling you when I arrived here. Mianhe…“ I said.

 

“It’s okay… I was also busy processing some documents.” Yoseob said.

 

“Documents? For what?” I asked.

 

“Secret…” Yoseob said and laugh.

 

“Secret? Okay! I won't ask further because I know you will not tell me.” I said and laugh also.

 

“Till here, my Angel. I will call you back.” Yoseob said.

 

“Okay… Take care!” I said.

 

“Okay! Bye! Bye! See you soon…” Yoseob said and hang up.

 

“See you soon?” I said with confuse look.

 

Talking with Yoseob, I feel the warm comfort through his voice. I know Yoseob still loves me and I can’t love him back but the only thing that I can give him is a love of a friend. I hope that he can find a woman that will love him forever. And then I went inside to continue talking to Bom unnie about my plan.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kikwang POV

 

“What?! Are you insane?” Hyuna said who was really shocked.

 

Hyuna gets mad at me the moment I tell her that we are a couple and will be getting married soon. I also told her that I lied to Karen that I didn’t remember her and didn’t know our special relationship.

 

 “Why did you do that? Do you know how much you would hurt her?” Hyuna said facing at me with her hands crossed.

 

“I don’t know why I did that… What should I do now?” I said and bowed.

 

“What?! You don’t know? Are you sure?” Hyuna said and continue arranging her flowers.

 

“I don’t know how to help you, oppa… I’ll just buy something to eat.” Hyuna said and leave me alone in her shop.

 

Hyuna will be getting married next month and I don’t know what to do. I have to do something or else Karen will not trust and love me anymore. I have to explain her why I did that things and I still remember her.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author POV

 

Mrs. Han and Mrs. Song are busy in the kitchen cooking some food for their Welcome Party for their grandson. While their husband and sons are busy preparing for the lights, tables and chairs.

 

Karen who is done taking some shower, change into her simple outfit and tie her hair up. She then went to the kitchen to talk to her Mom.

 

“Hi Aunt! Where’s Mom?” Karen said and gives her a kiss on the cheek as a greeting.

 

“At the kitchen.” Mrs. Han said.

 

“Okay… Thank you!” Karen said and proceeds to the kitchen.

 

“Mom can I have the key?” Karen said and went beside her Mom.

 

“Key?” Mrs. Song said.

 

“You already forgot? My role for today is driver… Remember?” I said.

 

“Right… I’m so sorry…” Mrs. Song said and gave the key to Karen.

 

“Please check the guys before you leave honey… And try also if our visitors already came…” Mrs. Song said.

 

“Visitors? It’s too early to have visitors. Okay Mom.” Karen said and left.

 

At the pool area…

 

Dongwoon and Kikwang who are done arranging the tables and chairs proceed to decorate the small stage.

 

“Did your family invite some relatives and friends?” Kikwang ask Dongwoon.

 

“I think  so. Because Mom cooks so many foods and she even rented some of those tables and chairs. Like when Dori came to our family.” Dongwoon said.

 

Kikwang nodded and continue with what they are doing.

 

Karen POV

 

I was going to the pool area when my phone rings and took it on my sling bag. It was Dujun oppa who was calling and I’m wondering why he call so early.

 

“Hello oppa! There is something wrong?” I said on the other line.

 

“Nothing. I just want to inform you that Bom noona already here and she’s helping us. Is everybody ready over there?” Dujun oppa said.

 

“I think so. Wait I’ll check them.” I said and hurriedly went to the pool area to check if the preparations are all set.

 

“Karen…” Dujun oppa said.

 

“Why oppa?” I said and stop.

 

“Are you okay? I’m just wondering the last time we talk about Kikwang.” Dujun oppa said.

 

“Waeyo? I’m okay. Don’t worry. Anyway, we are all set here and ready to have some party.” I said and don’t want to feel my brother that I not still okay but I was trying.

 

“Are you sure?” Dujun oppa said who I feel worried on the other line.

 

“Okay then. We will wait for you here.” he added and saying goodbyes to each other.

 

“I’m sorry oppa. I made you worried about me. Sorry..” I said and whisper.

 

“Noona!” Dongwoon calls me.

 

“What are you still doing here?” Dongwoon said while walking towards me with Kikwang.

 

“Ahmmm… Mom told me to check you guys if the set is now ready. Then I will fetch Gina unnie.” I said focusing my eyes on Dongwoon.

 

I want to avoid Kikwang but my heart keeps on beating so fast and I don’t know why. I saw Mr. Han and Daddy who are still chatting together in the pool area while drinking their favorite tea. Kikwang suddenly ask me if she can come with me.

 

“Can I come with you, Karen?” Kikwang said.

 

“Andwae!” the only word I said.

 

I saw Dongwoon and Kikwang got shocked at what I did. 

 

“I’m sorry, Kikwang. I’m sorry for shouting. I can do it alone.” I said while not looking at him.

 

“Son! Kikwang.. What happen there? Mr. Han said.

 

“Nothing Dad.” Kikwang said.

 

Can you come over here? I have something to tell you.” Mr. Han said.

 

Kikwang went to his father without excusing his self to us. It’s been a big relief to me that his father calls him. I inhale and exhale to be relaxed.

 

“Noona… What happen earlier? Are you okay?” Dongwoon who feel so worried ask me.

 

“I want to avoid him Dongwoon but my heart keeps beating so fast and I don’t know why.” I said and feel that I want to cry.

 

“Do you want some water before you go?” Dongwoon said.

 

“No I’m okay. Don’t worry. I will go now. Dujun oppa was already waiting for me.” I said and give Dongwoon a hug.

 

“Okay noona.. Are you sure you’re okay?” Dongwoon ask me again.

 

“Yes...” I said and went where the car is parked.

 

“Okay… Drive safely.” Dongwoon said and wave at me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At the hospital…

 

Bom and Gina are busy talking to each other while Dujun carrying his son, Junnie. Dujun decided to name their baby as Junnie and Gina agrees with it. It’s simple but it has a big meaning to them.

 

“Honey, who will fetch us again?” Gina asks Dujun.

 

“Karen… Why?” Dujun said.

 

“Nothing…” Gina said and smile.

 

“Why you two didn’t tell me about Kikwang’s accident? Can you explain it?” Bom suddenly asks.

 

“I thought I’m a member of this family but I think I’m not because no one told me about this.” Bom added.

 

Gina and Dujun stare to each other and were shocked about what Bom ask them. Dujun who was carrying the baby gave it to Gina to explain why and what is the main reason.

 

“We don’t want you to be worried.” Dujun starts the conversation and sit on the other side of Bom.

 

“Worried? Who will not get worried about Kikwang’s accident.” Bom said.

 

“Relax noona… I know but we don’t want you to be more worried because you experience this kind of bad memories. Remember?” Dujun said while holding one of Bom’s hands.