Chapter 31 Dream..

Sketches Of My Life

Kikwang accompany Karen to go to the grocery to buy some ingredients for dinner. Karen is planning to cook for tonight for her big family since Dujun will be moving away with his own family and build their own. Dujun's room will be Dori's room soon. 

 

"I will miss the little boy." Karen said.

 

"You can visit them anyway. I can accompany you if you want." Kikwang said while pushing the cart.

 

"You will not get tired driving everyday?" Karen said.

 

"No.. I am not even tired of loving you." Kikwang whisper and smile.

 

"Yaaah~" Karen said while smiling beside her.

 

"By the way, what will you cook for tonight?" Kikwang ask.

 

"The usually.." Karen said and pick some veggies.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gina is packing their things to move to their new house. It's quite far from their parent's house but near from Dujun's workplace. Chaerin and Dori help her out while Junnie is peacefully sleeping on the crib. Dujun and Dongwoon went to work while Mr. and Mrs. Song went to see the doctor for weekly check up.

 

"Unnie is it safe to your new home?" Chaerin ask.

 

"Yes. Dujun even wants to hire some bodyguards to watch us over if he's not around." Gina said.

 

"Oh really?" Chaerin said.

 

"Yeah.." Gina said.

 

"We're home!" Mr. Song announce outside the room.

 

"Hi girls." Mrs. Song greets them while entering the room with Mr. Song.

 

"Wow! Dori is helping the ladies?" Mrs. Song said and gives Dori a hug.

 

"Good girl indeed." Mr. Song said.

 

The couple proceed to their room to change clothes, Mr. Song went to sleep while Mrs. Song went to the kitchen to make some sandwiches to feed her in-laws and her granddaughter.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After done at the grocery, Kikwang and Karen went to a nearby cooffeeshop to buy some beverages to drink while on their way home. Kikwang ordered iced caramel macchiato while Karen ordered caramel frappuccino. After paying and receiving the beverages, they went home.

 

While on their way home, Karen's phone rings and Chaerin's name was shown on the screen. She then answer it.

 

"Unnie.. Dad was brought in the hospital." Chaerin said on the other line and she was crying.

 

"What!?" Karen said who got shock.

 

"Who's with you?" she added.

 

"Mom and Gina brought him to the hospital while I'm with the two kids." Chaerin said and still crying.

 

"Please calm down Chaerin. I'll just go straight in the hospital. Did you inform the two boys?" I said and let Kikwang go straight to the hospital.

 

"I haven't yet, unnie." she said.

 

"Okay, I will the one to call them. I will let Dongwoon go home to accompany you there in the house while I will tell Dujun oppa to go straight to the hospital. So now please calm down Chaerin, Dori might get confuse and cry also. Please." Karen said and she hang up.

 

"What happen?" Kikwang ask.

 

"Dad was brought to the hospital. I don't know what exactly happen." Karen said.

 

Karen immediately call Dujun and Dongwoon to what happen. Kikwang notice that Karen couldn't relax to her position and wanted to arrive as soon as possible. Kikwang hold her hand to calm down and tell her everything will be okay. 

 

"Your Dad will fight. I know that." Kikwang said while holding Karen's hand.

 

"I don't know Kikwang. I just.." Karen said and tears starts to fall from her eyes.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mrs. Song and Gina was waiting outside in the operating room. Doctor's advice that his heart is at risk and they have to do the surgery as soon as possible. Karen just arrive with Kikwang, she went to her Mom and hug her. They were so nervous and worried for what the operation may result. Then Dujun arrives and comforts Gina.

 

Its been 4 hours since the operation was started and no signs of Doctor getting out yet. Mrs. Song wanted to stay even if it takes how many hours because she wanted to be the first person to see her husband after surgery.

 

Dujun and Kikwang went to the hospital cafeteria to buy some food to eat. Dujun also updating Dongwoon on what is happening in the hospital from time to time. Karen went to the small chapel that hospital has and stay there to pray for her father's condition.

 

"Please Lord God, help me heal my Dad. We are not yet ready to give him to you. Please." Karen's prayer.

 

"It's too early to say goodbye to him. Yes, he's old and has a weak body but not yet now." she added.

 

As she sat down after kneeling and say her prayers, she stared at the big cross that was placed at the center fronting her and keeps praying. Tears starting to fall from her eyes. Suddenly, Kikwang sit beside her and comforts her.

 

"I don't know how to help you with this situation. But always remember that I will always be here for you." Kikwang said and he put Karen's head on his shoulder.

 

Karen just nodded and still crying. They stay there for an hour to keep on pray while the surgery is still ongoing.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After 6-7 hours..

 

The surgery finally ends, Mr. Song was brought after in a private room and doctor said he will be under observation. Mrs. Song, Dujun and Gina decided to go home to rest while Kikwang and Karen will stay. Dujun and Gina will cancel their plan to move because of what happen and will resume after 2 weeks or month.

 

"Karen, please rest now. I will let you know if your Dad will woke up." Kikwang approach Karen who is sitting beside her Dad.

 

"Just later, Kikwang. I want to massage Dad's hand." Karen said.

 

"You're doing that for more than 2 hours already. Please rest for a moment." Kikwang said.

 

"Huh?" Karen said.

 

"You've doing that for more than 2 hours already." Kikwang said.

 

As Kikwang stops her, Karen listen and sleeps to the sofa to get some rest.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next day, Kikwang and Karen went home while Mrs. Song and Chaerin are the next to stay at the hospital. Dujun file some leave at work to help take care of their Dad. Dongwoon is still working since he just starting his work at the company. He knows that his Dad will understand his decision.

 

Dori welcomes her Pretty unnie at the gate and Karen carry her until the door of their house. Kikwang took Dori from Karen, told her that her Pretty unnie is tired and need some rest.

 

"Kikwang, thank you!" Dujun said while holding Junnie.

 

"You are always welcome." Kikwang said and put down Dori.

 

Kikwang accompany Karen to her room, he let Karen sleeps before he left her. Kikwang proceed to the living room area, send his goodbyes and will be coming back after taking some shower.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Karen POV

 

"Hi my Angel. How are you? It's been awhile." Yoseob said.

 

"Yoseobbie?" I said.

 

"Sorry.." Yoseob said.

 

"Where are you go? Wait." I said while running towards him.

 

We are in a white place, Yoseob was standing in front of me by far. So I run as much as I could so that I can reach him but I can't. Yoseob was smiling at me while waving.

 

"Yoseobbie, wait!" I said.

 

I woke up from my sleep, it was all a dream and I thought it was real. This is the first time in a whole one year that I dream about him. But what does that it mean? Kikwang who I think hear me shout, knocking at my door and wanting to know what had happened to me.

 

I open the door for him and let him know that I'm okay that I had a bad dream. She tells me to go outside and eat dinner with him since Dujun oppa, Gina unnie and Dori already ate.

 

"Pretty unnie, are you okay?" Dori ask me while sitting beside me in the dining area.

 

"I'm okay. You're worried to me huh?" I said and kiss her.

 

"Yes, of course Pretty unnie. I cry." she said.

 

"Why?" I said.

 

"I'm worried because Granddaddy just passed out in front of me." she said and start to cry.

 

"Oooohh.. Don't cry Dori. Granddaddy will be okay. Like what he always tells us that he's our Mighty Superman?" I said and let Dori sit on my lap.

 

"Yes." she said and stop crying.

 

I eat my dinner with Dori on my lap while Kikwang was beside me accompanies me to eat. He never left my side since Dad was rushed in the hospital and have his surgery. He was always beside me, protecting me and always took care of me.

 

It's been 1 week since Dad had his surgery but until now he didn't awake. Doctors said there are tendency that the patient like my Dad experienced will be in a coma for about 1-2 weeks since it was a critical condition.

 

"Thank you for being with me, Kikwang. I appreciate it very much." I said.

 

We were drinking some tea at my museum's balcony after we ate our lunch. Gayoon filed a 2 days leave because her mother will be leaving for Australia where her brother migrated 7 years ago. So she help her Mom and they bonded together before her Mom leaves.

 

"You know what?" Kikwang said and took the cup I was holding.

 

"I always say this to you but again I will always be here for you no matter what happens." Kikwang said.

 

Kikwang kiss my forehead and hugs me tight. And then she stares at me, touch my both cheek with his both hands. He then kiss me gently on my lips. As his lips touches my lips, I feel warm and loved by him.

 

I never feel this feeling when the last time Yoseob kissed me. Feeling so protected and will always comforted. He then stops on what he his doing, stare at me again and then kisses me again.

 

It was the first sweetest thing we shared together as a boyfriend and girlfriend.