Chapter 27 Helping One Another

Sketches Of My Life

Karen POV

 

I went outside to calm myself and comfort Dongwoon who knew about Dad's condition. I never though that Dad has heart disease and not sure if surgery can heal him. My heart hurts the moment I heard from Dujun oppa that Dad is at risk and I couldn't watch my Dad and Mom at that moment.

 

"Woonie-ah.." I said and approach him.

 

"Nuna.." Dongwoon said and hug me.

 

"Why is this happening to us Nuna? I don't know how to face Dad." Dongwoon said while crying.

 

"Sssshhhhhhh. I don't know too Woonie. I guess this is a challenge that God gave us to be together and always support each other." I said and hug Dongwoon.

 

"But why Dad? Dad is very precious to us." Dongwoon said sobbing.

 

"I know.. But we have to be strong and fight this battle. We should help him Woonie. He needs us. Stop crying." I said and calm myself for him.

 

"Let's go inside and comfort Dad." I said and let him go from hugging.

 

"Nuna.. Why are you so strong? Despite of what you've been experienced, hurting many times and you're here with us calming yourself by your own. I should the one who will tell you that." Dongwoon said.

 

"Its difficult for me to accept Woonie but I have too. If I will cry more and more, will Dad be okay? Will Dad's health be fine? No, right? All of us are in this battle, there should be one or two members who will be the leader to lead the other members to be strong and fight. We have to be strong for him." I said while helping Dongwoon to go inside.

 

"Thank you for always be there Nuna.. Thank you!" Dongwoon said and kiss me on the forehead.

 

"You are always welcome Woonie. Let's fight?!" I said.

 

"Fight!" Dongwoon said and make some fist.

 

"Fighting" I said and we went inside.

 

This is just a beginning of family's battle, a challenge for us and how we will handle this situation as a family. Its been not easy to know that our Dad will soon say his goodbye's and will not be around. But we will be here for him, to help, support and be strong to fight for him.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Dad?" Karen approach her Dad to the room.

 

"Yes.." Mr. Song said and get up from bed.

 

"Did I disturb you? Did you take your nap?" Karen said while entering her parent's room.

 

"No, sweetie. It's okay." Mr. Song said.

 

Karen went to her Dad, sit on the bed beside and hug him. 

 

"How are you feeling today, Dad. Is your body aching?" Karen while hugging her Dad beside her.

 

"Actually, I'm a bit dizzy because of the new prescribe medicine that the Doctor gave me." Mr. Song said.

 

"I am sorry sweetie if Dad didn't tell you right away about my condition." Mr. Song added.

 

"No, Dad. It's okay. At least now we know and we will be here for you no matter what. Please always tell us if your not okay or if there's something strange in your body." Karen said.

 

"Okay~" Mr. Song said and hug her daughter tightly.

 

"Thank you, Dad.." Karen said.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Karen POV

 

Bom unnie texted me that Yoseob will be flying to Canada after the opening of my museum but Yoseob is not yet informs me on what are his plan. Afterward, Yoseob sent a message and he wrote..

From: Yoseob

Hey~ where are you? I have something to tell you.

Let's meet at Bom noona's coffeeshop.

Byeeee~ 

 

As I read the message, I feel kinda nervous and afraid that he will be leaving soon. I don't know why I feel this way.

 

I arrived first at the coffeeshop while waiting, I order some beverage and took some magazine that are place right beside the cashier area. I can see few customers who are busy using laptop and there are some studying. 

 

While reading some magazine, I can feel that someone is at the back of mine standing. As I turn my head, I saw nothing and when turn back where my position is. I'm a little bit startle the moment I saw Yoseob sitting on the opposite side of the table with me and smiling.

 

"Oh my! You scare me." I said.

 

Yoseob is staring at me and no words came out from him.

 

"Stop it already. Why are you doing that? You making me uncomfortable." I said and cover my face with the magazine.

 

Yoseob grab the magazine from me and still staring at me, smiling. Finally, he spoke.

 

"I just want to take this opportunity to stared at you since I'll be leaving the country after your museum opens. Sorry for not informing you first and let Bom noona do." Yoseob said.

 

"Again.. It's okay.. You don't have to say sorry since it's for your mom's own good." I said and stared also with him.

 

He then hold my hand while closing his eyes.

 

"Thank you.." Yoseob said.

----------------------------------------------​----------------------------------------------​----------------------------------------------​--------------------------------

One day left for museum to soon opens...

 

Karen is busy transferring her works from their house to her museum. Her family feels so happy and proud watching her ordering the guys she hired to lift her arts. Kikwang on the other hand watching her from his room. There are bunch of letters were scattered on his bed, withered roses and some expired chocolates.

 

"This will be my last resort for you.." Kikwang said while staring at his bed.

-------------------------------------​----------------------------------------------​----------------------------------------------​-----------------------------------------

"Yosobbie.." Karen greeted her.

 

"Sorry if I went here directly. And sorry if I'm late, I was packing my things todays because tomorrow will be a busy day." Yoseob said with cute face.

 

"It's okay.. No, problem.. Slowly guys.." Karen said.

 

"By the way, I bought some food for you and for your workers.. Let's eat lunch first and let them continue it later." Yoseob said and drag Karen to second floor.

 

Karen then informs Gayoon and her workers to eat lunch and continue it afterwards.

 

"Ahhh.." Yoseob teasing Karen with spoonful of rice.

 

"Stop it.." Karen said and smile.

 

"Finally, tomorrow is the day." Karen said who got excited.

 

"Finally.." Yoseob whisper.

 

"Okay! Let's clean it up and continue what we are doing.." Karen said and start to clean.

 

While cleaning, Yoseob grab Karen's hand and stop her from what she is doing. Yoseob suddenly hugs Karen tightly and uttered sometime. 

 

"Goodluck for tomorrow and be happy always." Yoseob said while caressing Karen's head.

 

Karen who got surprise just hug Yoseob as response and give him a thank you word.

-------------------------------------​----------------------------------------------​----------------------------------------------​-----------------------------------------

Karen POV

 

Before going home, I wandering around my museum for the last time before people view this for the first time. I never ever imagine this day will happen. My hardships, sacrifices and secretly hiding ability was payed off. It's been a challeging journey to me to have things blessing I have today and an honor to share it with everyone.

 

"Miss Karen?" Gayoon call me from downstairs.

 

"Yes?" I said and hurriedly went downstairs.

 

"We will be going home, Miss Karen.." Gayoon said.

 

"Okay.. By the way, did you already pay them?" I said while taking off my things.

 

"Yes, Maam." one of the workers said.

 

"Okay.. Thank you so much Sir and please do come tomorrow, please." I said while shaking hands with him.

 

"Yes, maam. We will try since it's sunday and we don't have work. Thank you also, Maam." he said.

 

"By the way, where's Yoseob, Gayoon?" I said and ready to go home.

 

"He went already outside, Miss Karen. Why? Should I call here to come here?" Gayoon said.

 

"No.. It's okay.. We'll be going home.." I said and we went outside together.

 

"Miss Karen I'll be going here. I parked my car over this side." Gayoon said and say her goodbye.

 

"Okay then. See you tomorrow." I said and wave at her.

 

As I went to the car, I saw Yoseob bowed he's head while leaning on the side of the car. I feel like something happen to him and hurriedly myself to him.

 

"Yoseobbie, is there something wrong?" I said as soon as I get him.

 

Suddenly, Yoseob hug me tight and I don't know why. He eventually started to cry like a baby or a kid who got beaten by his parents. I was startle by his action and just hug him tight to comfort him. I never ask him anything since I want him to tell me later on if he is calm and can talk properly.

 

He's phone rings.. 

 

Ring.. Ring.. Ring..

 

He never answer it, he just ignore and continue to hug me tight while crying. This is the first time I saw Yoseob cry as hard as it is. I don't why but I have an idea why he is crying so hard right now. Because of what happen while patting him, I started to get emotional until my eyes couldn't take it.

 

After 30 minutes, Yoseob stop crying and calm himself. By that time, I ask him again while wiping the tears on my face.

 

"What happen?" I ask.

 

"Mom say her goodbyes on the phone awhile ago after you approach me." Yoseob said while tears started to fall again.

 

I couldn't say a word and just hug him again to comfort him. It's hard to be away with your parents saying they last goodbyes. His Mom is now in a coma but thanks God before she will left the world, she says her goodbye to her son.

 

Because of what happen, we leave his car on the museum parking lot and use my car to drove him home. While I was driving, Yoseob is so quiet and I know how he feels. Bom noona calls me and I inform her to what happen.

 

As soon as we arrive in their house, I saw Bom noona at the gate and help me to guide Yoseob. I unfasten his seatbelt, guide him out of the car and went straight to his room with the help of Bom noona. We let him lay down to his bed to rest and leave him.

 

"I was so worried the time that his Dad calls me." Bom noona said.

 

"I hope he can manage for what happen although its really hard." I said.

 

"You want some tea?" Bom noona ask.

 

"Okay.. After that I'll be going home." I said and we proceed to the kitchen.

 

"Anyway, how's your musuem?" Bom noona ask while serving me a cup of tea.

 

"All are set to welcome all my guest." I said and sip some tea.

 

"I cannot sure fi we can attend tomorrow, Karen." Bom unnie said.

 

"It's okay. I understand." I said.

-------------------------------------​----------------------------------------------​----------------------------------------------​-----------------------------------------

Karen POV

 

I went home safe, Mom was waiting for me to arrive and comfort me for what happen as I informed her while I was on my way home. She welcomes me with tight hug and smile. She was the only one who still awake while the other family memebers were asleep. 

 

"Things will be fine, Sweetie." Mom said.

 

"I guess so, Mom. Thank you." I said and give my good night kiss to her.

 

I went inside my room, take off my clothes and take some warm shower. Tomorrow will be the day and I hope the event will be successful.