Chapter 29 Old Letters.. Old Gifts.. Old Treasured..

Sketches Of My Life

It's been 2 month since Karen's museum opens to the public, Yoseob return to Canada and being in good terms with Kikwang. Karen is also planning to have a small school to teach kids who loves arts or build a shop to sale her piece. 

 

Dongwoon who already graduated to the university last week started his work at their company. Dujun assign him to be part of Finance Department but before that Dongwoon insist and suggest that he would like to start at the lower position. So meaning he will be an ordinary employee before going to an upper position who is the Head of the Department. 

 

The Head of the Finance Department already submitted a resignation letter a week before because of her family will migrating other country so after a month Dongwoon will be assign as a new Department Head.

 

Yoseob and Karen didn't cut their communication to each other. They call every once a week since Yoseob's Mom is needed a much attention. His Mom woke up already from coma but after 3 weeks, his Mom brought to the I.C.U because of complication in breathing. It's really hard for Karen not to be on Yoseob's side but she hope that everythings gonna be alright.

 

While the little kiddos, Junnie is now fast growing while Dori is now attending school.

 

Mrs. Song POV

 

"Sweetie, I have something for you. Kikwang favors me to give this to you." I said and give to her.

 

​She was in the living room with Dori and Tammy busy knitting a scarf.

 

"Oh.. What is that Mom?" Karen said and receive the box.

 

"I don't know what's inside. Why don't you open it to know." I said and proceed to the kitchen to start cooking for dinner.

 

"Thanks, Mom!" Karen said.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Karen POV

 

I never expect a gift from Kikwang today, I was busy knitting a scarf when Mom suddenly approach me and gave me a medium size box (like a size of shoe box). I stop doing the knitting and open to know what is inside. 

 

I saw bunch of letters, letters that are old ones, chocolates that are already expired that cannot be eaten and a picture of us 5 years ago in Jeju Island where I celebrated my birthday. I was so surprise and touch on what I received from him. I never know that he used to do this and very curious on why he didn't send it to me in Canada. 

 

I will read the letters later on after dinner in my room so that I can't hear some annoying brothers who actually will tease me about this. I left Dori and Tammy for awhile to place the box in my room.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I cannot hide my excitement the moment I'm done eating, everyone in my family notice my action and just happy to see me like that. 

 

"It's been a while to see you happy tonight, noona." Dongwoon said.

 

"Do you have.. Are you.." Dujun oppa said with teasing look.

 

"Secret.. Advance good night everyone!" I said happily and proceed to my room.

 

Before I read some of the letters, I pray first that I hope I don't get hurt and don't regret reading the letters I've received. After that I open the box and took a first letter to read.

 

Letter #1

 

Hi Karen! How are you today? I hope you're eating will and studying hard.

You know what I have a secret to share with you?

A big secret that only my family and you will know.

We have a stepsister and her name is Hyuna.

She is quiet charismatic and boyish at first I saw her.

But do you know she has a lot of cuteness. *laugh

By the way, she's living with us for good but I'm sad that

she will not be introduce as my sister but my cousin.

Its because of Dad's reputation and my family as well.

Anyway, I'm going to sleep now and sweet dreams.

 

Love,

Kikwang (March 27)

 

Letter #2

 

Hi Karen! Today, is your birthday! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY SPECIAL FRIEND.

I wish you all the best, good health and make many many awesome sketches.

I hope you would love my gift, it was difficult to decide whether I gave you the big one or the cutest sketch book.

But anyway, Happy birthday! I hope I'm celebrating it with you.

 

Love, 

Kikwang (August 4)

 

After reading 10-15 letters, I feel so touched and amazed on how he done this to me. I was clueless until now on why he never even send this to me via email. Until I read the most special letter in my entire life from him and I felt sorry on why I treated him bad in the past after I arrived from Canada.

 

Hi there my precious and beautiful lady. This would be my last letter to you since we will be seeing each other more often.

I'm so sorry for what I've done even me myself got surprised on what words came out from my mouth.

It breaks my heart triple that yours. I done it so unexpectedly maybe because of jealousy?

Before I saw you earlier, I counldn't explain my excitement as Mom told me that you already arrived.

There is this feeling of happiness and nervousness first time in my life.

As soon as I was in front of you, I wanted to welcome you with a big tight hug and give you my sweetest kiss.

But suddenly, something happen to my brain and in my heart unexpectedly and gave you the emotion of angriness.

I am very sorry 100 times and I hope someday you will understand.

You know what after the accident I experienced that I never thought that you, only you I can remember and I

couldn't explained it why. Maybe because you are always in my heart and my memories? I never imagine this to happen.

But I am very sorry for what I've done. Welcome back! and I LOVE YOU multiple times...

 

And by the way before I forgot, I always wanted to ask you this for me to understand.

Why did you stopped sending me replies? I always sends you some messages but after how many tries.

I quit because I saw you with another man that makes you happy.

That was Yoseob.

But I hope you will let me know what was the reason behind this.

 

 

Love, 

Kikwang (the day I hurt you the most)

 

Tears fall from my eyes the moment I'm done reading the letter. I get confuse and asking myself why I haven't received those messages of him. I stop communicating with him because he stops sending me messages. Now it gives me complicated situation on how I will solve this problem of us.

 

I will try my best to figure it out myself first before talking to him and explain to him my side. I calming myself not to panic but it gives me the feeling for worries. I took my laptop, go to my email and check my sents, trash and even spam but no signs of it. I'm trying to recall all of those stuff but no one is coming out until I remember that Yoseob knows actually my email address and the password itself.

 

Flackback...

 

"Yoseob can you help me with my email?" I ask Yoseob who is busy reading books.

 

"Mrs. Lousie wants me to send her some powerpoint for the upcoming presentation that I prepared but my attachment doesn't work, please help with this." I added.

 

Yoseob took my laptop while I was arranging the papers that I used for guidelines. He ask me about my email address and its password so that he can refresh, sign in and then sign out. I was confident and not that even worried to give them to him since I really trusted him ever. Suddenly, Dara unnie call me to pick the food that she prepared and share it with Yoseob.

 

I went to the kitchen and took what Dara unnie told me. After I came back, Yoseob suddenly close the laptop and we start eating the meal that Dara unnie prepared.

 

Flashback ends...

 

I never feel suspicious on Yoseob since he is very honest and never betray me. But I feel uneasy after I read the letter of Kikwang and what had happened to us. I always asking myself if he done that or not. Now for this to end I need to confront him about this to know if he is the one who did this.  

 

So I took my phone from my bag to call Yoseob and talk to him about this. I never realize that my phone was ringing eariler, 15 missed calls and 5 text messages from Bom unnie. It gives me feeling of nervous and I think there is something happen since this is not usually Bom unnie's action.

 

As I open one of Bom unnie's messages, I feel weak and worried. Bom unnie informs me the sorrowful news, Yoseob's Mom is already passed away and also Yoseob at the same time was involve in an accident. I don't know what kind of accident Yoseob is involve since Bom unnie did not mention.

 

What happen to him? Why Bom unnie never calls my family members if she cannot contact me? I hope Yoseob is fine.