Chapter 21 Forgiveness...

Sketches Of My Life

Author POV

 

Its been two days since the meet and greet between Kikwang and Yoseob. Kikwang who was bothered about what he saw that day can't sleep properly until now. Eventhough he knows that he is not Karen's boyfriend and just a special someone. Is he a rival? Kikwang went to the kitchen, saw Hyuna cooking and ask for advice.

 

"Hey sis.. Can you help me?" Kikwang said and took the bread on the plate beside Hyuna.

 

"For what?" Hyuna said while flipping the egg she fry.

 

"Good morning, son." Mrs. Han said while taking some food from the kitchen to bring at the dining area.

 

"Let's eat breakfast. Your Dad is already there waiting." Mrs. Han added.

 

"Okay. Coming." Kikwang said and proceed to the dining area.

 

"Just tell me later after we eat." Hyuna said.

 

"What happen? Looks like you haven't sleep well. Is there something wrong, son?" Mr. Han said while sipping his coffee.

 

"Nothing, Dad. Is just that I'm busy with the renovation of my bakery shop." Kikwang said and start to eat.

 

"Hyuna.. Honey.. Let's eat together." Mr. Han slightly shout for the girls who are still busy cooking in the kitchen.

 

"Okay, Dad.. We'll going. We're already done." Hyuna said.

 

"Here's your coffee, son." Mrs. Han said and give Kikwang a cup of coffee.

 

"Let's talk about your problem, Kikwang. Later after we done eating." Hyuna said and give him a wink.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Song family are complete in their house, Gina and Dujun take Junnie a bath while Dori is with them. Dongwoon and Chaerin cleaning their room while Karen and Yoseob together with Mrs. Song busy in the kitchen cooking. On the other hand, Mr. Song is secretly busy reviewing his last will and testament. Why is that Mr. Song doing his last will and testtament? Its too early to take care of it.

 

"Dad?" Dongwoon said while knocking the door of his parents.

 

Mr. Song was startle and automatically close his laptop and put it back the documents in the envelop. 

 

"Yes?" Mr. Song said and open the door.

 

"Mom is calling you downstairs. Can you mind going there and also Karen has a visitor." Dongwoon said.

 

"Okay.." Mr. Song said and smile.

 

"I really miss that, Dad. Always do that, please." Dongwoon said and left.

 

Mr. Song realize that he should now talk to Karen and let her do what she wants. As a father, he will be the first person who will support his children on what they wanted in their lives. Its not really easy to be his kids. Dujun who really wanted to be a Teacher, forced him to be the CEO of the company. Dongwoon who wanted to be a Doctor, who force him to take Enterpreneur course and be part of their company soon. While only Karen and Seunghyun pursues what they wanted but before that he let them suffer first.

 

Mr. Song proceed to the kitchen where his wife, Karen and Yoseob are cooking for lunch. He saw his only daughter busy chopping some veggies while smiling and enjoying what she is doing. Its hard to believe that he let experience  his own daughter a miserable life in 5 years. While staring at his daughter, Mrs. Song saw him and approaches.

 

"Honey?" Mrs. Song said and approach him.

 

"Oh.. What did you cook for lunch?" Mr. Song startle and said.

 

"Let's go there. Taste the dish that your daughter cooks." Mrs. Song said.

 

Karen who is a bit nervous and excited because it would be the first dish that his Dad will taste after she arrived from Canada. Mrs. Song guide his husband and let him taste the dish and waited for the comment. After Mr. Song taste the dish, Mrs. Song then introduce Yoseob to him while Karen is beside him smiling. Its been awhile that she haven't seen his daughter's smile and beautiful face. He give Yoseob a handshake and hug.

 

"Its nice to see new faces here." Mr. Song said.

 

"Our family is getting bigger, right?" Mrs. Song said jokingly.

 

"Karen.." Mr. Song suddenly said.

 

"Yes, Dad?" Karen said who is surprise about his father's approach.

 

"Can we talk in the garden?" Mr. Song said and proceed directly to the garden.

 

"Okay..." Karen said and take it off her apron.

 

Mrs. Song who also surprise went emotionally and hug her daughter because finally they will talk after how many months. Karen hugs her Mom before going to the garden look so happy and can't explain how she feels. Yoseob who also knew about Karen's problem about her Dad is also feels so happy and give him encouragement.

 

"Hwaiting!" Yoseob said.

 

"Thank you.. Please take care of Mom for a moment." Karen said and proceed to the garden.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Dujun POV

 

After we take a bath Junnie, we directly went to the kitchen to check Mom if they done cooking. As we arrive at the kitchen, I saw Mom's big smile while Yoseob is helping her. But why is Karen not with them?

 

"Mom, where's Karen?" I said and give Junnie to Gina.

 

"You know what Dujun. Your Dad finally talk to Karen." Mom said happily.

 

"We're done preparing. Let's go to the dining area to eat. Yoseob, can you call Dongwoon, Dori and Chaerin?" Mom added.

 

"Really? Are you sure Mom?" I said excitingly.

 

"Yes. They went to the garden." Yoseob said while take some food from kitchen to dining area.

 

Though I'm happy hearing what Mom said but still I'm worried for what may be the result of Dad talking with Karen. I don't know why Dad suddenly talk to Karen without any signs that he is now okay. Dad might be at risk or maybe he finally realize its hard to let go with someone that he never give his forgiveness and I'm the only one knows what is Dad's condition.

 

Gina who was worried broke the silence and talk.

 

"Honey? Are you okay? Are you not happy that finally Karen and you Dad is talk?" Gina said beside me while carrying Junnie.

 

"Ahh.. Hmmm.. Nothing.. I'm happy of course." i said and give him a big fake smile.

 

"Let's eat?" Gina said.

 

"Sure." I said and we proceed to the dining area.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dongwoon POV

 

I went to my parent's room to put some clothes that Chaerin fold awhile ago. I knock once, twice, thrice while calling Dad and no one is inside answering. I just open the door since its not lock and went inside to put their clothes on the bed. As I walk through the bed, I saw a piece of paper that widens my eyes and it was Dad's last will and testament. I just saw the latest date, Dori's name, Karen noona's name and mine's too. What is the meaning of this?

 

I sit on the bed to manage what it could be and why is it the date is latest or he just change it recently? I just realize that the mini cabinet beside their bed was widely open and I saw 3 plastic bottles of medicine. As I took it to read, it happens that I know a little bit of medicines since I really want to be a Doctor but instead Dad force me to take Enterpreneur. As I read slowly by slowly, I just realize that the medicine is for the heart and lungs but I'm not that sure. I put the 3 medicine bottles back on the cabinet and hurriedly run to my room and search to find out.

 

I went to my room, open my laptop and search the names. It has many result but I finally manage the right information and read. It was indeed for heart and lungs. But why Dad has that? Is he sick? But how come we don't know? Why?

 

Chaerin suddenly calls me, I hurriedly close my laptop and went outside. I feel worried, confuse and clueless on why there are medicine that our Dad have like that. I will tell this to Dujun hyung if he knows about this.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Karen POV

 

"Sit down." Dad said.

 

"Okay." I saod awkwardly.

 

I didn't expect this day that Dad finally talk to me in private. Dad was now staring at me with sad looks and will cry soon. I was worried on why is Dad acting like that and it was my first time seeing him like that. Did something wrong?

 

We were sitting face to face while having our coffee that Mom gave us earlier. Mom was so happy while pouring the coffee in our mugs and give me encourgarement smile. 

 

"I am sorry, my princess." Dad started.

 

I was surprise the moment Dad started to talk. What did he said? Is he really mean that?

 

"Dad.." I said and confused.

 

"It was all my fault." Dad said and tears fall from his eyes.