Chapter 5 Flashback 4

Sketches Of My Life

After 1 hour….

 

They arrived safe in the pension house that Chaerin’s family owned. As soon as they arrived, one of the staff welcomes them to the place and brought them to their rooms.

 

It was a big pension house that has a total of 8 rooms, 5 rooms on the first floor and 3 rooms on the second floor. Gina, Karen and the couple Dongwoon and Chaerin occupied the second floor with the others occupied the first floor rooms.

 

After all of them changed into their beach outfit, they went directly to the cottage to eat their lunch. Gina notice that Karen is not yet around and so she asks Dujun.

 

“Junnie where is Karen?” Gina asked Dujun.

 

“I thought she’s with you. I’ll try to call her on her phone.” Dujun said and grab his phone from his pocket.

 

Ring… Ring… Ring…

 

“Yoboseyo?” Karen said while answering the call.

 

“Karen, where are you? Are you still in your room? Come down and we will eat our lunch. Palli.” Dujun said.

 

“Arassoyo oppa.” Karen said and hangs up her phone.

 

“Where is she, Junnie?” Gina asked.

 

“She's in her room. She’ll be here. Don’t worry.” Dujun said and kiss Gina on the lips.

 

After a minute, Karen arrives wearing her sunglasses and sit beside her Mom. Kikwang notice that Karen is so silent while the others are laughing and talking while eating. Kikwang finish his meal and approached Karen who also done eating.

 

“What’s your problem huh?” Kikwang asked.

 

“Oh! You scared me.” Karen said surprisingly.

 

“Nothing.” She added.

 

“Let’s take some fresh air.” Kikwang drag Karen from the cottage.

 

“Wait! Wait! Wait!” Karen said and come with Kikwang.

 

While the others enjoy chatting in the cottage, Kikwang and Karen are walking barefoot on the seashore.

 

“Kikwang how’s your school?” Karen asked.

 

“It’s been so busy this year for me. I’m the new elected president and I have to take all my responsibility as their leader.” Kikwang said.

 

“You? Did your Dad know about your ambition?” Kikwang asked.

 

“Ahmmm… I have no courage to tell him. I don’t know when.” Karen said and take out some sigh.

 

Kikwang hold Karen’s hand tightly and give her an encouragement.

 

“Just take your time. We will always here to support you. Don’t worry your Dad will understand your decision.” Kikwang said smiling.

 

“Thank you!” Karen said while blushing.

 

As they arrive at the cottage, the two of them let go of their hands. Mrs. Han show it and asked the two.

 

“Are you two dating in the seashore? Ayeeee…” Mrs. Han asked while pointing the two.

 

“Aniyo…” Kikwang said.

 

“It’s okay if the two of you are dating. At least I know who will be my son-in-law in the future”. Mr. Song said jokingly and all of them laugh while Kikwang and Karen are blushing.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was a cold evening when Dujun approach his Dad to the balcony with Mr. Han about the surprise event that they will be given to Karen. While Karen was in her room busy sketching and listening music from her iPod.

 

Everyone was so busy preparing for their surprise for Karen’s birthday, Dujun ask Dongwoon to guard Karen’s room to have their surprise a successful one.

 

It’s been a while since they give a surprise event to the girl because Karen always discovered their plans. So this time it will be successful surprise for her.

 

After an hour of preparation with the help of the staff of the pension house, the setting of the party was more beautiful than they expected.

 

Dujun call Dongwoon on his phone to call his Noona to come outside.

 

“Hyung?” Dongwoon said while answering the call.

 

“It’s time.” Dujun said.

 

“Okay!” Dongwoon said and hang up the phone.

 

Karen POV

 

I was in my room sketching and listening to music on my iPod when there is someone knocks on the door.

 

Knock! Knock! Knock!

 

“Noona!” Dongwoon said while knocking the door.

 

I close my sketch pad and put it back to my bag while I pause the music that I was listening and get up to open the door.

 

“Woonie?” I said while opening the door.

 

“It’s time to eat our dinner. Let’s go!” Dongwoon said and smile.

 

“Okay… Wait.” I said and close the door to change a jacket.

 

“Let’s go.” I said and went together with Dongwoon.

 

We went outside when Dongwoon suddenly cover my eyes with a cloth and hold my hands to guide me to walk.

 

“Dongwoon, what is this? Where are we going?” I said and felt nervous.

 

“Just wait noona. Just relax.” Dongwoon said while holding my hands to walk.

 

After a distance of walking, Dongwoon stops and sits me on a chair. He removed my blindfold and left. It was so dark and I couldn’t see anything.

 

“Dongwoon? Don’t leave me alone here. Where are you going?” I said nervously.

 

Afterwards, the lights were on and I saw my Dad walking towards me holding a piece of my favorite flower tulip.

 

“Can I dance with my daughter?” Dad said while giving me a piece of flower.

 

“Sure!” I said excitedly and we danced.

 

We were in a white room that was decorated with tulips and ribbons (pink, purple and white colors). It has two big tables covered with white cloth and a small bouquet of pink tulip on the center. It was the simplest celebration with my family and Han’s family.

 

After some steps... Dujun oppa approached and said “It’s my turn!”. Dad kisses me on the forehead before he left.

 

Next was Mr. Han followed by Dongwoon who is wearing his pajamas. Actually, all of us were wearing our pajamas, as if it was a pajama party. And then Kikwang approach while holding a bouquet of tulips and said “Can I dance with the prettiest lady?”.

 

“Sure!” Dongwoon said confidently.

 

Kikwang gave me the bouquet and we dance like we were only two in the room.

 

“Happy birthday!” he said and gave me a big smile.

 

“Thank you for the surprise event! I was really surprised and I don’t know how to react.” I said shyly.

 

“You’re always welcome.” Kikwang said.

 

“You’re so beautiful tonight!” he added.

 

“Beautiful? How can you call me beautiful when I’m only wearing jacket and pajama. Also I’m not wearing any make-up.” I said pouting.

 

“Kyeopta! You’re so cute with that.” Kikwang said laughing.

 

After a minute of dance with him. We stop dancing and guide me back to the chair. Dujun oppa and Gina unni was the emcee. Dujun oppa called our Mom and gave me some advices and touching message. Next was Chaerin followed by Mrs. Han and Gina unni and gave me their gifts.

 

Even though we didn’t wear beautiful dresses or formal attires, invited family friends and eat delicious foods. I was so touched and thankful for what they’ve done to celebrate my birthday in a simplest way. The unforgettable birthday event I ever had.