Chapter 12 Lies

Sketches Of My Life

Dongwoon POV

 

 We get out of the car and the next scene I saw, Karen noona is hugging Kikwang. I didn’t notice that Kikwang was standing in front of our house.

 

“Noona! No!” the only words came out from my mouth.

 

“Who are you? Do I know you? Are we close before? I’m sorry but I had amnesia 2 years ago from a car accident.” Kikwang said and let go of his hands from my noona.

 

Karen noona froze and couldn’t talk because of shock. I saw Dujun hyung and Chaerin run towards us. Dujun hyung went beside Karen noona to help her go inside.

 

“Honey here’s Dori. Go inside.” I said to Chaerin.

 

She nodded and hurriedly went inside with Dori.

 

“Let me go… Let me go!” Karen noona said while facing Kikwang.

 

“But… Let’s go inside.” Dujun hyung said.

 

“I want to hear from him. Just let me go oppa.” Karen noona said while tears on her eyes.

 

Dujun hyung let go Karen noona and stand beside her while Kikwang still standing in front of Karen noona with a clueless and confused look. I approach him and let him go home for some reason.

 

“Let him go, Woonie. I want to hear from him what had happened why he got amnesia.” Karen noona said.

 

We let Kikwang say what had happened to him 2 years ago from the accident. We never inform her about the accident because we know that she will be worried and cannot concentrate on what she is doing. Since she’s far from us and cannot travel easily.

 

“The only thing I remembered was… I was driving and I don’t know where I was going.” Kikwang started.

 

“And then I bumped to other car afterwards I find myself in the hospital with the people I don’t know, my family. There is one person that is always on my side until I recovered and it was Hyuna, my girlfriend and soon to be my wife.” he added.

 

“Girlfriend? Wife?” Karen noona said and cry hard.

 

“I’m sorry… But are we close?” Kikwang asked.

 

“Enough. Let’s go inside.” Dujun hyung said while helping Karen noona get inside.

 

Watching Karen noona feels like my heart broke into pieces and wanting to comfort her right away. It’s our fault on why we never let her know about Kikwang’s accident. It was difficult for us to hide it because we know that someday she will discover what had happened. And the day came and we don’t know how to explain to her.

 

I pat Kikwang hyung on the shoulder and went inside the house leaving him alone in the outside puzzled.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author POV

 

Kikwang was left behind alone still standing and couldn’t take his walk on what he has done earlier.

 

“The only person I only remember is YOU. Only you, Karen.” Kikwang whisper and finally leave.

 

As Kikwang return to their house, he went directly to his room after kissing Hyuna on the forehead to get some rest. After lying down in his bed, he recalls all the memories that they’ve done with Karen. He never thought that those memories will not be deleted in his mind and heart. But why he said earlier the Hyuna will be his soon to be wife if Hyuna has already had a relationship with other guy?

 

Hyuna on the other hand was confused why Kikwang kiss her on the forehead. It was the first time Kikwang did that for her. And even Mrs. Han was startled by Kikwang’s action.

 

“What happen to her Mom?” Hyuna asked Mrs. Han.

 

“I don’t know.” Mrs. Han said.

 

“Let’s just leave him like that.” Hyuna said and continue to watch television with Mrs. Han.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dujun POV

 

I’m helping Karen to her room and let her rest for a while because of what had happened earlier with Kikwang while Mom, Chaerin, Gina, Dongwoon and Dori was in the dining area talking about on how they will explain to Karen about Kikwang’s accident.

 

I open Karen’s room, we enter and I let her lay down on her bed but she refuses. She just sits down beside me and looks into my eyes with tears.

 

“I’m sorry….” the only words I can say and hug her.

 

“Why did you all lied to me?” she said and continue to cry.

 

“I want to be alone. Can you leave me?” she added.

 

I try to comfort her more but I have to leave her alone and later we let her know why we never tell her or mention it to her the past 2 years.

 

“Stop crying…” I said wiping the tears on her eyes and leave her silently.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Karen POV

 

I cry hard after Dujun oppa left me from my room. The only thing I can do now is crying and crying. I thought coming back here is the key to have a new life with no worries and problems but I’m wrong. It’s more painful on what I expected and now I don’t know what I should do.

 

I was expecting Kikwang will not leave me and wait for my come back but then I was so wrong. I was too confident that he will love me forever till the end. And now I discovered from him that he will soon be a father to his children and a husband to his wife. It is a sad reality but I have to accept that Kikwang will not be the man who I will love forever till I die.

 

“Oppa!” I said.

 

“Karen… Why are you crying? Who did that to you?” Seunghyun oppa said.

 

“I’m okay oppa… Don’t worry… I’ll be fine.” I said and hug him.

 

“It’s Kikwang right? Don’t hide it to me.” Seunghyun oppa said.

 

“Oppa?” I said.

 

“Wae? Seunghyun oppa ask.

 

“Why is this happening to me?” I ask him.

 

“Maybe there is a reason why all of this happens.” he said and release me from hugging.

 

“But remember I will always be on your side no matter want happens. Even though I’m not leaving with you but I am still in your heart.” he added while holding his chest where the heart is located.

 

“Arasso oppa… Arasso… Thank you, oppa…” I said and hug him again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everyone was gathering in the living room area after eating their dinner without Karen. All of them are worried about what is Karen’s condition at this moment. It’s been 2 hours that they are waiting for her to come downstairs to confront them on what she discovered.

 

Dujun was more worried about Karen’s situation couldn’t wait for his sister to come down. He then went hurriedly in his sister's room to check on what is Karen is doing right now. Mrs. Song startled on Dujun’s action and let herself to calm down and relax.

 

Knock! Knock! Knock! Dujun who is knocking at Karen’s room.

 

“Karen please can you open the door. Jehbal.” Dujun said.

 

He didn’t hear any answer from Karen and again he knocks the door at the second time. But Karen didn’t dare to open the door and let the silence be heard in her room. He forces to open the door and enters but right after he saw nothing. Karen was not there to be found and even her phone was on the bed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dujun POV

 

I found my sister on the balcony of the house, sitting alone while watching the stars above. I went near her to ask if how is she but before I did it, she then say.

 

“I want to be alone.” Karen said.

 

“I just want to check you if you're okay.” I said.

 

“Okay? You’ve been lied to me. I thought I can trust you but I was wrong. My own family lied to me. All of you know that I really loved him so much. I cherish him my whole life. I didn’t dare to love other guy in Canada. He’s my inspiration and my strength every day. But then I just discover from him that he will get married.” Karen said.

 

“But…” the only words I can say.

 

“I don’t want to hear some explanation. I want to sleep.” Karen said and left.

 

“I’m sorry….” I said and tears fall from my cheeks.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning, Mrs. Song prepares to give her daughter a breakfast on bed. She then prepared a glass of milk, tuna sandwich, bacon, hotdog, fried rice and places it on a tray. Dujun who saw her Mom, approach her in the kitchen.

 

“For whom?” Dujun ask.

 

“For your sister, I hope that she’s okay now.” Mrs. Song said.

 

“Okay…” Dujun said and proceed to the dining area to eat his breakfast with his wife Gina.

 

Mrs. Song walks slowly to avoid some accident bringing the tray full with foods. She’s now in front of Karen’s room and slowly knocks the door. But Karen didn’t open it and Mrs. Song enters without some sign of Karen inside.

 

“Sweetie…” Mrs. Song said.

 

“Sweetie wake up… It’s already morning… Wake up…” Mrs. Song said while putting the tray on the side table of the bed and wake up her daughter on the bed.

 

“Mom…” Karen said while rubbing her eyes.

 

“Yes sweetie… It’s me…”  Mrs. Song said and hugs her daughter.

 

“I’m sorry…” she added.

 

“Sorry?” Karen said and sits on the bed while fixing her hair.

 

“Surprise! Breakfast in bed.” Mrs. Song said.

 

“Thank you Mom. I love you.” Karen said and hugs her Mom tight.

 

“Anyway, where’s Dujun oppa?” she asks.

 

“Dining area.” Mrs. Song said.

 

“I’m here.” Dujun said who was already standing outside the room right after Mrs. Song enters.

 

“Oppa… Mianhe…” Karen said while bowing her head.

 

“It’s okay. I was already expecting that you will do that. Don’t worry.” Dujun said and sit also on the bed.

 

“Chincha? Mianhe…” Karen said and hugs her brother.

 

“Oh my kids are so too adorable.” Mrs. Song said and hugs her two kids.

 

“I really miss this.” she added and they laugh.

 

Dongwoon who pass by hearing their laughs also enter and join them.

 

“Can I join?” Dongwoon ask.

 

“Sure our maknae.” Mrs. Song said.

 

“You’re always our maknae.” she added and they hug tightly.