Chapter 4 Flashback 3

Sketches Of My Life

Knock! Knock! Knock!

 

“Noona! Are you ready?!” Dongwoon said while knocking the door of Karen’s room.

 

“I’m not yet done, Woonie.” Karen said while blow drying her hair.

 

“Okay! After I came back make sure you are ready to go.” Dongwoon said.

 

“Okay! 5 minutes more and I will be ready.” Karen replied.

 

Dongwoon was dragging the luggage of him and Chaerin. While Dujun and Kikwang are helping Mr. Song and Mr. Lee puts all the luggages and important things to be needed at the beach to the two vans. Chaerin and Gina is busy chatting to each other in one of the van while Mrs. Song and Mrs. Lee sits in the other van.

 

Karen hurriedly runs downstairs while holding her back pack and dragging her luggage. Dongwoon saw it and help her.

 

“Noona, slowly… I’ll help you.” Dongwoon said and took the luggage of Karen.

 

“Where’s everyone?” Karen said.

 

“All of them are all set and ready to go.” Dongwoon said.

 

“Okay! Let’s go!” Karen said happily.

 

As we walk towards to the van, I saw Kikwang and Dujun oppa talking while the others are all set in the two vans. Kikwang saw us and smiled. He walks in our direction and greeted me while Dongwoon go straight to the other van where Chaerin and Gina unni was.

 

“Hi there birthday girl! Happy Birthday!” Kikwang greeted and hug me.

 

“Thank you, Kikwang!” I said while we hugging each other.

 

“You’re welcome! So let’s go!” he said and drag Karen into the second van.

 

Karen nodded and the two vans start to leave going to the airport.

 

Karen POV

 

While I was sitting in between of Dongwoon and Kikwang, I was sketching of an image of an island that surrounded with blue crystal clear sea. Kikwang saw it and asked.

 

“You’re not that excited huh, aren't you huh?” Kikwang asked.

 

“Not at all.” I replied.

 

“She didn’t sleep well the last night.” Dujun oppa said jokingly and everybody chuckled.

 

On the other van…

 

“I really missed this kind of trip my best friend.” Mrs. Han said excitedly.

 

“Yes! Thanks to my lovely daughter who suggested this.” Mrs. Song responds.

 

While Mr. Song and Mr. Han were busy talking about their company.

 

After 15 minutes…

 

Karen is done with what she was sketching and finishes all the details on it. Kikwang saw and amaze how Karen really done it very well.

 

Kikwang POV

 

“She never fails to amaze us with her sketching skills.” I said in my mind.

 

“I’m done…” Karen said and passes her the sketch pad to her Dujun oppa.

 

Chaerin and Gina noona saw it with amazement. It was really beautiful as it was a real thing. It was titled “Paradise”, it was really suits to the image that Karen was sketching.

 

“Wow!” Gina and Chaerin said at the same time.

 

“It’s so beautiful, Karen. I love it. I hope I have a talent like you.” Gina noona said.

 

“I hope my baby will have a talent like her aunt. I’ll be proud of him/her.” Chaerin said excitedly.

 

“I hope so.” Dongwoon added.

 

All of us in the van knows about Mrs. Song disagree about Karen’s talent. And stops her for doing things like that, she can does whatever she wants but except in sketching or under arts field.

 

“Thank you, for the compliment guys. Somehow I’m happy that there are few people who appreciate my works.” Karen said sadly while Dujun hyung gives the sketch to me.

 

Silence….

 

“Don’t say that, noona!” Dongwoon broke the silence.

 

“Okay! That’s enough I don’t want a dramatic scene. It’s your birthday, we have to be happy and enjoy this trip.” Dujun hyung added.

 

I give the sketch pad to Karen and give her a sign of a smile. She then smiles forcedly and back her sketch pad to her backpack.

 

­­­­­­­­­

At the airport.....

 

“We’re here guys!” Dujun said and open the door of the van.

 

Karen POV

 

After all of us getting out one by one, my parents and Kikwang’s parents entered first the airport and we went after. As they entered the airport, Dongwoon and Chaerin holding their hands while Dujun oppa puts his right arm to Gina unni’s shoulder. As if I was watching a romantic movie.

 

“I'm so envy with the two couples.” I whispered.

 

Kikwang notice her action and saw staring at the two couples.

 

“What’s the problem, Karen?” Kikwang asked.

 

“Nothing… I’m okay!” I said surprisingly.

 

Kikwang suddenly grabs my hand and hold it tightly like we are also a couple. It widens my eyes on what Kikwang is doing. He just smiles and whisper “Don’t dare to stop me, okay? This will be my birthday gift to you.” I froze for a while and cannot believe of what is happening.

 

Dujun want to approach the two but Gina suddenly stops him.

 

“Just leave the two, jagiya!” Gina said.

 

“Okay!” Dujun said.

 

While waiting for our flight, I excuse myself to go to the restroom.

 

“Umma, can I go to the restroom for a while?” I asked Mom.

 

“Okay!” Mom replied.

 

“Can I accompany you? I want to go also.” Gina unni asked me while sitting beside her in the waiting area.

 

“Okay, let’s go.” I replied.

 

While walking towards the rest room, Gina unni asked me about what had happened earlier with Kikwang.

 

“Ahmmm. Karen? Can I ask something?” Gina said.

 

“About what unni?” I said.

 

“About earlier… Kikwang and you? Are you dating or there is going on between the two of you?” Gina unni asked happily.

 

“Nothing unni! Nothing! Why?” I said nervously.

 

“Why are you so defensive? It’s okay to be in love. So when it was?” Gina unni said.

 

“When? What are you talking about? In love?” I said with a confused look.

 

“Never mind, let’s go! They may wonder why we took so long.” Gina unni said and drags me to restroom.