Happiness Cut Short

My First Love

 

I woke up a what felt like days but was only a couple hours I was in a familuar room but still couldn't figure it out, I slowly opened my eyes and rubbed my head. I looked around the room where I was, I was on someone's bed and there was someone beside me. I only realised who it was and where I am when he rolled over the person sleeping peacefully beside me was Kikwang. The blanket was barely covering him since it was mainly around myself, I looked at him shocked feeling happy, cuirous and sad at the same time as I remebered what happened last night.

 

 

~Flashback~

 

I was drinking on the rooftop by myself I can't remember how many drinks I had to drown my sorrows but then Kikwang somehow found me, I was yelling at him crying at the same time feeling frustrated that even after he said I was the prettiest there he was still able to kiss Jaein that made me agry with myself at how utterly stupid I was to believe him.

When I finished what i had to say he had his turn but I wasn't expecting im to say that he loves me to then he pressed him lips on mine. When we stopped kissing since i was so shocked I got another few drinks but was stopped when Kikwang gently grabbed my hand and said that I have had enough to drink that I was already drunk. Since none of us were suppose to be drinking and I smelt only of alcohol he took me out side of where we were and sat me down beside him.

 

~End Flashback~

 

I looked at Kikwang with a happy look he face was so calm that if I were to even softly touch it he would wake but my happiness was cut short when I remembered I was moving and wouldn't be around him in two months time. In two months I was moving out of the house that I lived in with Yoseob and moving to another town living my myself, I've already got a job there as a bartender at a club which was hard to get and have a small apartment ready for me to live in. Just thinking how soon I was about to leave him after we both finally know how eachother felt made me depressed but I couldn't change it.  I looked away from his sleeping face when I heard a slight moan.

 

" Mmmnn Eun Mi?"  Kikwang woke up eyes still closed but was rubbing his eyes as he rolled over to where I was and wrapped one of his arms around me pulling me back down.

" Eun Mi go back to sleep its still early, doesn't your head hurt?" his sleepy voice it was just so cute that I stayed still

" It hurts a bit but I need to get up, its already 11 and I have things to do today." I softly spoke to him as he moved closer.

" So you have to go when?"

" Soon otherwise I won't have anything done before it gets dark."

" Arasso. Are you hungry?"

" anni . . . *rumble* " I didn't want to eat but what I said was completely different than what I felt as my stomache rumbled.

" Ahhh Eun Miah your so cute wait here and change. I'm sure appa has some clothes he bought for you still here, I'll make you some food when your ready come down stairs."

 

Kikwang left the room but when he got out of bed he was only wearing his boxers, I blushed at the sudden sight of seeing him in boxers and thought to myself " did I do anything I don't remember doing" I quickly looked at what I was wearing to make sure. I wasn't wearing my dress anymore but wore pajamas, I was puzzled. What exactly happened when we went outside last night. That part of my memory still was a bit fuzzy and the more I thought or tried to remember the worse it got. He came back a few minutes later holding  a pair fo jeans roughlyl my size and a red and white tunic shirt. I tried on the outfit and I really liked it seeing myself in it made me feel so lucky that already even though his father hasn't seen me for such a long time he still thinks fo me.

 

Flutter-Sleeve Layered Chiffon Top ( the outft Kikwang brang out for you)

 

I walked downstairs and sat at the bench where kikwang was making me food when his father came out from around the corner and said goodmorning.

 

" Good morning Kikwanga and Eun Mi, " He said in an extremely happy tone as he looked back and forth at us.

" Its weird seeing Kikwang in the kitchen so early is something the matter?"

" Nothing is wrong appa he's making me something to eat." I smiled at him

" OH kure. ahh it seems like my son has finally grown up making for for his loved one. You know right Eun Mi?"

" ah yeh, " I nervously answered while blushing and lowering my head in embarassment.

" Yah appa your embarassing her!" he turned around shouting.

" AH i am, Mianhaeyo Eun Miah I was just so happy. How do you like the clothes I got for you?"

" its fine and I love the clothes you have really good tastes in clothes. " I stood up and walked over to him and hugged him as Kikwnag went back to cooking.

" Gomawo appa, but can I see you later I need to tell you somethign regarding Kikwang that I can't tell him." I whispered to him and he nodded

 

I sat down and ate some food  with the both of them, considering how long it had been sine I've been with either if the the atmosphere wasnt awkward. His father asked me what I had been doing up until now and i told him everything   from going out with Kai because of how frustrated I was with Kikwang then what happened last night. His fathers facial expression f first looked disappointed but then completely changed when I said how we kissed last night and told how we felt to each other his face lit upand a wide smile was covering his face. It seemed as if he knew the whole time how we felt for eachother but wanted us to sort it out ourselves.

After we all ate and brushed our teethI told them I was going to leave, I was about to step outside the door when Kikwang grabbed me by the arm.

 

" Eun Mi wait I'll take you where ever you go." I blushed as he said that and I think he also blushed to so nodded.

" I'll wait here but hurry up and change" I looked at him since he was still in his boxers.

 

While Kikwang walked upstairs and had a shower and changed I went and talked to his father.

 

" Appa the thing I wanted to tell you about that I can't tell KIkwang yet is awwh well, " I was so nervous I had everything on my mind what I wanted to tell him but now it won't come out properly

" Take your time EUn Miah it must be difficult if your having trouble speaking," I nodded then took a deep breath and began talking.

" appa I'm leaving soon, :

" I know"

" No thats not what I meant, " I looked away for a split second to find the right words, " I'm leaving town and don't know when I will be coming back." HIs face began to change from happy go lucky to a sad face I never wanted to see on him.

" I already have a apartment ready and a job but the thing is I at first wanted to go to study or something and meet new people but know that I konw that Kikwang has the same feelings I have for him I don't know what to do or how I should tell him. I'm scared."

" Its ok I think he should understand how you want to do something different and live your own way but he will be depressed for a while."

" that was what I was afraid of"

" Eun Miah did he tell you how he acted when he thought you didn't like him?" I looked at him and shook my head, " He was depressed for a long time not wanting to eat or sleep and if he did sleep it wasn't for a long time, it was that bad I was really worried taht something terrible had happened. NOw that I know what really happed it explains everything he was heart broken and if you don't tell him soon the same thing will repeat itself but most likely be worse."

" I want to tell him but I can't bring myself to or how?"

" tell him exactly what your telling me now. When the two of you are out today before you leave him find a way to tell him gently if possible." He was so calm and spoke softly I could tell that he cared for the both of us.

" Arasso, I'll try."

"hwaiting" he cheered me on and I smiled, just then KIkwang came down stairs confused.

" ABout time I thought you would take forever! " I and giving him a pout.

" ahh mianhae mianhae  hehe, you're to cute" He walked over to me and pinched my cheeks which ended up with me pulling his hands off and rubbing them as he laughed to himself.

" Yah! don't do that it'll leave a mark. Appa we're going now."

" Ara be careful and remember what I said earlier."

" Arraso anneyong." I smiled and waved goodbye as I lead kikwang out of the house.

 

 

When we left KIkwang asked what his father meant by what he said but I told him not to worry and we walked to the nearest bus stop and took it into town where we stopped to look at clothes and other things. I didn't tell him that the reason why I want to go shopping is to get everything before I left town .

 

 

~ A few hours later~

 

We had been to so many shops and bought a few outfits well Kikwang picked them out since he thought they would look cute on me but I still hadn't told him and it was already getting late so I had to find the courage to tell him soon before I regret it. I lead him to a couple other shops and bought a few gifts that I thought his dad, omma, Yoseob, Kai and his brothers would like but it didn't matter how much I thought of what to get Kikwang I couldn't think of a gift. 

By the time I got everyone a gift the sun was going down and was getting quite cold.

 

" Eun Miah are you hungry you haven't bought any food all day?" I looked at him and shyly responded nodding my head then he lead me towards the closest food stall and got something quick and easy to eat.

" Here eat this." He handed me a hot cup of instant noodles and a pair of chopsticks and we sat at a table nearby.

" Gomawo,"

" Thats fine. I thought you would be hungry after the long day shopping but why so many gifts?" I stopped eating and nerviously looked at him.

" Ahh well, " I looked in his beautiful eyes that I couldn't lie to anymore, " Kikwang I need to tell you something." he casual continued eating his cup of noodles.

I took a deep breath, " I'm  I'm leaving"

" What?"

" I'm leaving town"

" your leaving why? When? I thought that we would stay together now that we know how eachother feels." Kikwang was asking so many questions in shock with  a desperate face.

" I decided this before I told you how I felt. I have everything organised already and I can't cancel it.  I need to do this." I tried to sound strong but my voice slowly started to crack the more I spoke.

" Do you want to stay? Was this all because of me that made you come to this decision?" he stood up and walked around to where I was and stood me up and faced me towards him. I didn't say a word since I could tell that no matter what I said now it would only make matters worse.

" DId you even meant it when you said you loved me?" I looked up at him surprised he even asked that question.

" How can you say that?! Of course I love you!" I was beginning to bring up tears.

"Then why? Why leave." he was despritely holding back his tears as he held me.

" I have to I don't want to hold you back anymore because of me you had to suffer for so long and couldn't do what you want to do. I noticed that the day I saw you sing when we were at karaoke that you enjoyed it so much so I want you to do something you like to do. You don't need me around to be happy I want you to realise this. I can't stay here when I know you can do better with someone else a lot better than me I don't do nothing but cause you pain and get in your way besides I have my reasons why I need to go."

" What reasons?"

" I can't stay here knowing that Jaein will be here it is already difficult as it is even if she was a good friend you should know how hard it is to be with someone you thought you trusted." He stayed quiet maybe something happened that I just reminded him.

" You can still call me when you get lonely but I won't see you, I kow the place that I'm staying in is a long distance from here so don't bother trying to look for me."

" Eun Mi why!!" He yelled at me but stopped when he say my face already covered in my wet tears that rolled down my face, " Mian" he said softly with sorry filled eyes.

" That ok, but please understand its not easy for me either. I decided this on my own and I want to do it no matter how hard it is for me.

" arasso, I won't say anything else. Finish your food I'll take you home then."

 

About 15 minutes later we finished our noodles and Kikwang carried all my bags as he walked me home, the walk home was quiet not a word was said to by either of us.