The Nightmare

My First Love

There was nothing but darkness surrounding me. I tried calling out for help but no one hears, a flash of light appears in the distance so  I run towards it hopeing that something or someone is there. My vision gets blury and I start seeing flashbacks of mother and grandmother's death.

 

A few days have past since grandmother's death but I still have dreams of her and omma, I occaionally feel lonely even though I have great friends and Mrs Yang by my side. I just can't help but feel lost, grandmother was the last known family relative I had and now even she's gone. The days that went by were quiet everyone that cared for me always asked if I was feeling any better and without knowing most of the time I would manage a smile and say everything is fine but  even a simple smile required a lot of energy. With each passing day I started to get weaker not just from the recent deaths but connecting to that was the dreams ro nightmares I've been getting since then, they started off short but recently they're getting longer and more painful.

Today I was suppose to go to school but Mrs yang demanded that I stay home and rest because of how weak i was she thought that it was from lack of sleep and nutrition even when I told her it wasn't she insisted. I really don't like arguing so I agreed to what she wanted me to do without any complains. A moment or two later Yoseob walked down the stairs and I walk up to him.

" Oppa, I can't go to school again today," I was getting upset I really wanted to see Jaein and Kikwang and tell them I'm doing fine and also I missed them.

" could you give me a copy of your notes when you come home later, please?"

"Arraseo, but make sure you rest I know why omma wants you to stay and that it's not because if that which has you so weak, but still try to relax and get a bit stronger." His words were really caring, the way he treats me now is like I'm his little sister though we're only a year apart.

" Oh and I know exactly what your going through, it hard isn't it to win an arguement against her isn't it.?"

I laughed at what he said since it was true, she seems so sweet and gentle but I would have never guessed she was good at arguing and winning them.

Yoseob walked out the door and then headed to school while I stood in the middle of the doorway saying take care and to let everyone know I'm fine. He kept walking but I wasn't sure if he heard me or not until I saw his hand stick up and waving as he kept walking.

 

I spent most of the day lying on my bed when I wasn't sitting outside or eating, Mrs Yang left the house around midday she probably went to work or had something to do. I kept glancing at the clock waiting for when school lunch was or for school to finish since it was the only time a day I could try and get into contact with someone.  I tried calling Jaein but the line was busy, she must be having a conversation with someone else, so I tried Kikwang he always no matte what answered my calls it was sweet.

" Yoboseyo? "

"Yoboseyo, Kikwang-ssi? Its me Eun Mi , how is everything?"

"YAH Eun Mi-ssi, everything is good here. Gwenchana?"

"I'm fine just really bored at home wish I was at school though I miss you and everyone else so I needed to hear your voices. Is any of them around?"

" Awwh well to be honest I havent seen any of them around, but I'll let them know when i see them and tell them you called."

"Gomawo, oh and while I remember when I do eventually go back can you help me . "

"yeah I'll help you catch up don't worry about it I've got everything covered, " He stopped talking as he heard the bell go off.

I hated that I relied so much on him for when it comes to studying though its good and bad. Good that in the process I made a friend who is extremely reliable and trustworthy and not to mention good looking, but the bad side of it was I was continuously ignored by every other girl beside Jaemin because they were jealous of our friendship.

" I've gotta go but get better soon I can't wait to see you and the same goes for Yoseob and Jaemin."

If only he knew that I lived with Yoseob and his mother what would he think then.

" Arraseo, Annyeong."

 

After school finished and when everyone was back at home.

 Yoseob's POV

"Omma have you seen Eun Miah? I have class notes for her."

"no I think she might be still in her room. "

"Ok I'll go to see her then."

I wonder if she is any better she didn't look that good this morning.

I walked up to her room and knocked on the door a couple times but no response, so I tried calling her name and yet no answer so I opened the door.  I opened the door extremely quietly and took a few steps in her room, she had photographs everywhere done from school and others of her mother. I went over to the bed where she was lying sleeping I thought she was crying i her sleep which she was but there was a lot of sweat dripping from her forehead to her neck. I gently touched her face and wiped the sweat off but as I did I woke her up.

"nnng, mmn Y Yoseob o oppa, what's wrong?" 

" n nothing i was checking if you were ok, oh and here's the notes you wanted." I was a bit nervous she was still rubbing her eyes to wake up as I placed the notes on the desser beside the bed.

" gomawo."

She gave me a faint smile I knew she was trying to be cheerful so I'll just let her be, We talked for a while mainly about what happened at school and that then I left, I stopped just as I was about to leave the room.

" Ah Eun Mi try get some more rest you look really tired if you need anything I'll be next door, Well I'll go now but I'll come and check on you before I go to bed ok."  Eun Mi nodded her head by the looks of it she was really weak.

~ Later on in the night  ~

I went to check on Eun Mi so I went the balcony way, her lamp light to the side of her bed was still alight so I could see directly through. Inside she lay on her bed but unlike last time she was moving around like she was troubled about something while I could faintly hear words come out of .

" Don't leave me, come back" she repeated them over and over again. 

As I entered the room I walked close to her she was covered in sweat and shivereing, her face had turned pale and she felt really cold, I called out to her but she couldn't hear me thats when she was gasping for air. Her facial expression looked as if she was being strangled I needed to wake her up even if I had to use force otherwise she might not even wake up.  I started shaking her softly at first but with each passing minute I shook her rougher until she woke up.

She woke up crying, her face covered in tears did she have a nightmare? What was it of thats made her like this? How long has she been having this dream? I kept asking myself

" Gwenchana?!"

"Nng Gwenchanayo.  Oppa umm can I sleep with you tonight please, I can't seem to get any sleep in here."

That really took me off guard does she know what she's asking of me?

"Awwhh, umm Okay only because I'm worried about you, you haven't been getting any sleep lately.

" Gomawo oppa."

 

Eun Mi's POV

There was nothing but darkness surrounding me. I tried calling out for help but no one hears, a flash of light appears in the distance so I run towards it hopeing that something or someone is there. My vision gets blury and I start seeing flashbacks of mother and grandmother's death. I can hear their cries, its terrifying as I finally arrive at the light. In the light  I see grandmother and omma standing over a body talking to eachother as if they were disgusted by the person on the floor talking harshly.

" Everything comes back to you in the end, everything is your fault,"

" We have never loved you . . . We only said that to make you happy while we remained miserable."

"Why was someone like you brought into our lives? Because of you we had nothing but misfortune."

I slowly went closer to have a look at the body on the ground, I jumped back and fell to the ground crying when I realised that it was me! Everything they were saying was directed at me. They were both serious not a single word that they said I could believe until they called my name.

" Lee Eun Mi !  You may have been loved or liked by people around you but in our midst you were nothing, it should have been you that died not us our lives were going perfect. There's not a single good thing about you, "

With every word being said I could move it felt like I was suffocating from all the hateful words, like omma and grandmother were trying to kill me with their words.

" Your a disgrace to our family who would've known that even though your mother is brillant in Maths that she would have a child that is so pathetic that she can't even figure out the most simplist equations. Your appearance is below average even if people say your beautiful just know that they are lying.

 

I could hear someone calling my name, who ever it was sounded desperate.. After the person called out to me serveral times I woke up.

"Gwenchana?!"

" Nng, Gwenchanayo, oppa can I sleep with you tonight please,I can't seem to gt any sleep in here."

"Awwhh, umm Okay only because I'm worried about you, you haven't been getting any sleep lately.

" Gomawo oppa."

" Did you have a nightmare, you want to talk about it?"

"yeh, but I don't really want to talk about it at the moment."

"Thats fine just so you know I'm here if you need me." He showed me a sincere smile while placing his large hand on mine. His hand was really warm in comparison to mine.

" Gomawo." That was the only words thatcould come out of my mouth.

Yoseob helped me up, I was still shaking as I remembered everything from the dream, I looked up and he had a worried written over his face. We slowly walked to his room only steps away from mine but because I was so shaken up we walked slow. Once we entered his room he lead me to his bed so I could try go back to sleep.

When I sat on his bed Yoseob turned off the lights and made his way to the bed and took off his shirt then lyed down facing in the opposite direction to me. I was happy that I had someone like him with me but also at the same time nervous, what if I can't go to sleep because of how nervous I am in here? Why did I asked him if I could sleep with him, it just slipped out. AFter a few short moments talking to myself I tried to make myself feel more comfortable, but I was afraid to go back to sleep again. 

I moved closer to Yoseob's back and rested my head on it, it felt weird but at the same time it didn't I was calm, but what surprised me was when he turned around and pulled my head towards his chest and softly whispered a few words.

" Don't worry I don't plan on doing anything, Just try go to sleep it might be easier for you this way and besides your body is really cold. Awwh what I'm trying to say is just use my body as a way to stay warm."

I was completely started at what he said  and the sudden skinship, I could feel his heart beat and his body was hot, maybe because I was so cold. I closed my eyes and started to fall asleep as Yoseob softly caressed the back of my head.

 


comment and subscribe plz

Hope you like this chapter