Alone

My First Love

A few minutes later after we stopped playing around on the swings, Kikwang and I walked to his house. When we arrived his father welcomed me warmly like he always does whenever I come over to study, it was like as if I was already part of the family I always seemed to like coming over to Kikwang's house maybe for this reason. For the time I was over i would be pampered by him, he was like the father I never had since I only really had mother and grandmother.and now Mrs Yang who's a second mother to me always caring for me I couldn't be any luckier.

In Kikwang's room he calmly taught me what we did today at school in maths, the way the teacher was explaining it to us was so confusing but how Kikwang was explaining it I was able to understand even just a little bit of it.

 

Meanwhile at home~

 

Mrs Yang's POV

 

"Grandmother are you ok? You don't look so good . ."

"I'm fine Mrs Yang don't worry so much."

"Well ok but do tell me if something is troubling you."

"Will do "

I was worried about grandmother she has been acting weird lately she's been very forgetfulll but well I guess that comes with old age, but I can feel something bad's going to happen really soon I'm worried for Eun Miah.

I walked to the living room and just as I sat on the couch I heard a loud smash coming from the kitchen, then rushed to see what happened. The moment I walked in I saw smashed plates,and glass cups coving the floor and in the middle of it all was grandmother, she had a couple cuts over her body from the glass. Just then Yoseob walked through the door and I yelled at him.

"Yoseob! Quickly come to the kitchen I need help. . "


I wonder what's up omma hasn't yelled at me for a while, wait did she find "that" in my room

Yoseob walked quickly to the kitchen a bit nervous, his mother might have went in his room earlier and found something she wasn't meant to find, when he walked in he was surprised and ran to his mother's side.

"Omma! what happened? Why is there glass everywhere and why's grandmother on the ground?" While he helped his omma lift up grandmother that was lying on the ground unconscious and carried her to the lounge room on the couch.

" I don't know I heard a smash in teh kitchen then found everything you just saw, it happened a minute or two before you came home. Yoseob watch over grandmother until I have finished cleaning the kitchen and tell me if anything happens."

"ok I will "

I walked to the kitchen to quickly clean up the glass so no one would hurt themselves if they came in. After a few short minutes I went back and saw Yoseob holding her hand, just as I walked in he turned his head and looked at me.

" Omma something's wrong, I can't feel a pulse we should take her to the hospital and quick."

"What! Quickly put her in the car and call Eun MIah she has to know." I was gettung frantic not sure what I should do and saying whatever

" No I won't call Eun Miah, not now anyway first we need to get grandmother to the hospital only then will I call Eun Miah. Eun Mi ah is finally able to learn maths and wouldn't want to be disturbed. . . well  I'm sure thats how grandmother would feel."

That shocked me, I didn't realise how much he's grown up he would always act like a troubled kid but as soon as it comes to family matters he becomes like this. This could all be thanks to grandmother and Eun Miah. It almost feels like he cares for Eun Miah like a big brother or maybe more, either way I'm happy that I have him.

"Fine we'll do that," I was alot calmer now after what Yoseob said.

I drove quickly to the hospital but safely, I parked in the emergancy space and rushed in asking for help. Within a couple moments they had grandmother in a stretcher with an oxgyen mask on to help regain her breathing. Yoseob and I waited anxiously outside waiting for some kind of news, we waited for almost 2 hours until a doctor walked out and asked who the paitents family was.

"Thats us, " I stood up quickly, " What's her condition doctor, is she going to be ok. Please tell us."
"omma let the doctor talk."

" I really hate to tell you but she has had a heart attack, we also found that she was in the early stages if cancer. We have tried to bring her back but there is nothing else left for us to do. Again i'm sorry."

I didn't know what to do, what should I tell Eun Miah she lost her mother not too long ago now she has lost the only blood related relative she had left, tears started to fall down my face as I broke down.Then Yoseob put his hand on  my shoulder.

"Omma don't worry I'll tell Eun Miah what happened, you should head home I know to find Eun Mi and bring her home."
"Kansahamnida."

 

Eun Mi's POV

I was beginning to understand evrything now even though it took me ages to understand it. We were taking a break Kikwang's father brought in some snacks and started having a conversation with us. We decided to play a truth game, in the game we asked a question to someone adn they would have to answer truthfully. I didn't mind these kind of games I found it interesting.

Kikwang's father seemed to only ask me questions but he changed  to ask KIkwang a question.

" Kikwang, Is there someone you like more than a friend."

I looked at Kikwand he he looked at me then looked away quickly, I could've sworn that before he looked away his face started to turn red, then he just nodded his head.

"Is it someone I know? Who is it?" I was surprised

 He didn't answer just looked at the ground I wasn't even sure what he was thinking.

How am I suppose to answer that question, It's Obviously you.

Haha I don't believe that Eun Mi-ssi hasn't noticed that she is the one he likes

"Yeah I'm sure you know the person its . . " He stopped when he heard my phone start ringing.

"Sorry I have to take this call,"

"Thats fine take your time."

"Yoboseyo, Oh hi oppa . . .What?! What happened where is she is she ok."

"Your grandmother is at the hosptal she has passed away but can you meet me at the park as soon as you can and I'll Take you to her."

"I'll be right there, give me 10 minutes."

I quickly hung up the phone and then Kikwang and his father looked at me.

"I'm sorry but I have to leave something urgent happened"

"Are you going to be ok," His father asked while kikwang looked at me worried.

" Make sure you give me a call Eun Mi-ssi."

"I will kikwang-ssi and thanks both of you for worrying."

 

I rushed out of their house and went to the park I saw Yoseob oppa waiting for me under the light.

"Oppa what happened."

Several minutes went by as Yoseob told me exactly what the doctor had told them then he gave me a hug before I collapsed mourning over my last relative. We stayed like that for a while until my tears calmed down, thats when he asked if i wanted him to take me to her. I couldn't think all that was going through my head was how alone I will be now since I don;t have her around. All I could say was for him to take me home, then from all the crying my legs gave way and went unconscious for a moment. Yoseob became worried then he heard me talk, it was like I was sleep talking.

" Grand  . mother, don't leave to, I'll be left alone."

 

He smiled then took  me home, he carried me on his back, even while I was asleep I could feel the warmth from his back, It was really nice something I havent felt in a really long time, I couldn't remember teh last time I felt so calm. When we arrived back at home Mrs Yang asked Yoseob if I was ok, and he answered she cried herself to sleep, I'm just about to take her to her room.

We carried me up to my room then gently layed me on the bed, then for a moment I woke up. He was about to leave to I called out to him.

"Oppa, Oppa don't leave please." he heard me then turned around.

"  "It's ok I won't leave," he sat beside my bed then omma called out to him, he stood up and almost walked away when I grabbed his shirt.

" Oppa, can you stay by my side until I go to sleep, I don't want to be alone at the moment?"

"Ok I'll stay here until you fall asleep."

It wasn't even 5 minutes and I fell asleep with a couple tears rolled down the side of my face. I felt a gentoel hand wipe them then a door closed not long after.

 

 


Awwh sorry I've made this chapter another sad one, Eun Mi has no luck and she thinks she is alone now without her grandmother.

I haven't updated in a couple days  so I hope this chapter wasn't to boring.

please comment if you think its good and subscribe