Jealousy- Double Date Part 1

My First Love

"Eun Mi would you go out with me?" Kai repeated as I looked blankly at him.

" Ah I I don't know" I was stuttering shocked by his question.

" I know that you don't have any feelings towards me now but even if you use me to get back at the guy you like I could help you with that." 

Kai actually said something useful, I could but wouldn't that be using him? I could get back at Kikwang this way.

" Are you sure about this Kai, I don't want to be using you even if you do have feelings towards me? " I had to make sure first even if it was his idea.

" I'm sure," he gave me a confident smile," after hearing what he has done to you I want to help even though I have done something equally painful to you. If you will accept what I have done  and allow me to help you I'll make sure the other guy will regret it."

After his confident speech in trying to help me, he was able to convince me to going out with him even if it is just fake.   

 

Its been close to a month now that Kai and I have been going out but it feels so much longer, I didn't realise at first that I would never fall in love or like him again but the longer I spend together with him the stronger I feel. However when I see Kikwang I slowly start breaking down feeling hopeless and weak inside, my legs start giving way and by heart races faster even though at the same time it like its been torn apart I find it hard not being able to act like I did with him which I miss the most but now Kai is gradually making me happy.

 

Today after school I allowed for the first time since we have been going out that Kai pick me up from the gate, I finally gathered enough courage inside of me to pull this off. ' Prove to Kikwang that he isn't my everything', but I was nervous this was the first time someone other than Yosoeb or Kikwang came to pick me up from the front of the school. It was already the last lesson for today and there was only 10 minutes left, I was fidgeting really bad you could say I was restless.

" Eun Mi'ah is everything ok you seem restless is something gonna happen?" He had to whisper so we wouldn't get in trouble then turned back around.

I quietly pulled out my phone and text messaged him hoping he also had his phone on vibrate or silent..

 

"Yeah I'm a bit restless only because my boyfriend is coming to get me from school for the first time after school"

You mean he's coming to get you today?!

Neh, yoseob I know you don't like him much but he's changed so please don't say anything.

Fine but don't exspect me to stay completely quiet. Isn't this the first time that Kikwang and Jaein find out your going out with someone

Neh, * nervous face* thats why I'm restless and I can't stop fidgeting. Oetteokhajyo?

Be strong Eun Mi be yourself its the best way, you have Kai now to also support you don't forget.

Yeah I know I'll try

Eun Mi HWATING

 

 

A minute or two later the bell rang to go home, while everyon egot up in a rush and ran towards the door into the crowded hallways I stayed behind then I slowly stood up. When I looked around Jaein and Kikwang were right beside eachother already and Yoseob stood beside my table. All of us walked out of the classrom together and down stairs when we readed ground level and walked out of the main doors there seemed to br a lot of girls gossiping even Kikwnag and Yoseob were intersted. I looked around but couldn't see nothing out of the ordinary but then Kai walked around the corner and was completely visible for all to see as he stood in the front gates waiting. He was distrated by the girls surrounding him but when he saw me I guessed he could see how nervous I was so he waved first and started walking towards me.  I knew I had to do this but at the same time I wanted to since I was slowly falling for him. I walked past Kikwang and ran towards Kai and gave him a jumping hug which he caught me and swung me around.

" Aww Kai oppa! " I said the moment before I jumped at him while he smiled.

" Kai isn't that the guy she hated because he stole her first kiss?" I could hear slightly hear Kikwang's voice from behind talking to someone. 

"Mianhaeyo I'm late did you wait long?"

"Anni I just got here." He gave me a kiss on lips in front of everyone, " How was your day chingu?"

" Ahh just the same, Oh oppa meet my friends." I faced towards him holding his hands happily.

" you already know Yoseob,"

" Yeah how could I forget" Kai said trying not to sound rude or worried but Yoseob knew well what he meant my it.

" Hi Kai, you better be taking care of her well when I'm not around." Kai nervously nodded his head replying with a soft yes.

" Oppa here is my best friend, and Kikwang her boyfriend" I gestured towards Jaein and Kikwang.

" Annyeonghaseyo Kai imnida." He politely introduced himself to them even though he already knew Jaein.

Both Jaein and Kikwang remained silent for a few minutes. Those quiet minutes felt like an hour passed by how awkward it was until Jaein spoke up and proposed something.

" Ah Eun Mi-ah since you now have a boyfriend to, how about we go on a double date next weekend for dinner somewhere."

"Thats a great idea, Eun Mi we should do it." Kai encouraged mewhile wrapping an arm around my shoulder."

" well , ok sure lets do it then."

 

We stayed together for a while before Kikwang walked Jaein home and Kai walked with me and Yoseob home. I was walking in between the two boys when Yoseob turned around and told us he would meet us home, I guess he noticed that I was troubled and had to talk to Kai about it. When it was just me and Kai we walked around for a bit before he took me home.

 

" Baby are you ok? I didn't pressure you into the double date did I?" He looked worried as he stared at my eyes.

" No you didn't, I wanted to do it but now I think I'm going to regret it?" I lowered my head.

"Wae?"

" I'm not worried about us, its just I think I still have hidden feelings for Kikwang . ." I stopped when Kai pulled me in and hugged me tightly.

" I know better than yourself that you still have feeligs for him, but don't worry if you can't hold them in and embarrass yourself know that I'll be there to support you."

" Gomawo oppa, that means alot." I lifted my head and reached for his lips.

When we locked lips, Kai's expression was surprised but when he realised I was kissing him, he followed and kissed me back, the moment we parted I turned around so quickly realising what I just did and blushed. I felt a pair of arms wrap around my small waist anda soft kiss on my neck.

" Eun Mi-ah don't worry so much, you have time to prepare yourself before next weekend just don't think about it much."

" I'll try not to," I replied in an uncertain soft voice.

" Thats my girl." I could feel him smile , " I should probably take you home now before your other oppa gets the wrong idea."

" hehe your right, if I'm not home soon he'll flip." I joked back while giggling to myself.

 

I must have arrived home just in time because just as I walked in the door Yoseob stood at the bottom of the stairs as if he was about to walk out. He looked me up and down and when we made certain I was better he welcomed me home then went into the living room and watched TV while I went upstairs and had a shower before dinner.

 

~ The Following weekend - The double date  ~

 

I was on the phone to Kai early in theorising he asked if her should pick me up and go together but since he lives in the opposite direction to me I didn't want to bother him. I told him that I'll just take the bus and meet him at the front of the  restaurant that we were eating at. 

 

I wanted to leave early just on case there was traffic I had a bit over an hour before we all had to meet up. I waited for the bus over near the corner store down the road and hopped on when the bus came and sat obt he window seat near the back, just as the bus was about to take off there was a bang coming front eh outside of the bus telling it to stop. A guy stepped inside panting regaining his breath then walked towards the back with his head down. He stopped when he notice the only empty spot on the bus was beside me.

 

"umm chogiyo, can I sit here?" 

"Neh, yah Kikwang ?!" 

" Eun Mi! " we were both surprised to meet each other like this, we'll we were going to the same place but leaving at the same time was it a coincidence?

"what you going by yourself I  thought Kai would have picked you up?"

" He wanted I but I told him not since he lives I the opposite direction. And Jaein, aren't you a bit late to pick her up?"

" I swear you two are more alike than anything, she did the same thing to." He looked to the othe side as he sat down close beside me.

I giggled to myself on te inside but j think kikwang saw a faint smile across my face when he looked.

"What are you looking at? It's making me feel weird," I nervously asked him.

"awh it's I haven't seen you smile in a while I front of me I almost miss it."

i sighed and looked away and pouted, ' it's partly his fault that I don't act like this around him' I thought to myself.

" Oh this is our stop, Bali before the bus goes!"

kikwang slowly stood up like he had a lot of time but the moment I passed him I turned around and grabbed his arm and dragging him out with me. A few moments after we got out of the bus I was still ahold of his arm but my grip from his arm gradually made its way to hold his hand. 

I didn't realise that I was holding his hand until I turned around to look at him and he showed a shocked expression. I noticed that our hands were linked and I immediately let go of his hand followed and blushed furiously at how embarrassed I was. 

"Mianhaeyo, I didn't mean"

"it's fine we're friends after all" then he smiled, seeing him smile at me sincerely my chest tightened and for a short moment it was hard for me to breath.

 

When we arrived at the restaurant Jaein and Kai was standing beside each other talking and when Jaein turned around and waved at us ,Kai turned and smiled. We all walked intogether and sat in the corner where no one was. I was surprised by how quiet it was but that's a good thing I guess no one to Make you feel unwelcomed or awkward. I sat beside closely to Kai on one Side as Jaein did the same to Kikwang on the other side. A waiter came and took our orders, each of us chose a simple dish; Kai and I got fried chicken and rice while Jaein and Kikwang ordered bibimbap. While we all ate it was pretty quiet since the atmosphere felt weird between all of us however we tried to keep it neutral in  our couples.

Even though we got the same foods Kai and I shared and fed eachother as Kikwang and Jaein watched us as they fed eachother, in a way it almost felt like we were having a  competition in who is the best couple. We would try to converse talking to the others but it would end good, however the one thing that everyone agreed to do was go for karaoke after dinner for fun.

" Hay Eun Mi remember that you first met Kai on the blind date and we also went and did karaoke." Jaein seemed a bit different it was like her personality was completely different towards me now that both Kikwang and Kai was around in a way  it was like she was trying to bring back bad memories.

" Ah neh I remember how could I forget." I nervously looked towards Kikwang then Kai as I remembered everything like it only happened a few minutes ago.

" About that night, I'm sorry I was a jerk." Kai lowered his head ashamed as he to remembered and Kikwang looked surprised,

" Wait, Eun Mi was it this guy that made you like that when I saw you." His voice had a tint of anger when he spoke.

" Yeah, " I replied softly then nodded, " but Kikwang before I went out with him we talked about it."

" Still how could you forgive him so easily after WHAT he did. DO I need to tell them how you acted when I saw you and what state you were in?" He was furious not realising that tears slowly formed on my face as I tried to hold them in.

" SLAM!" I slamed my hands on the table and stood up, " Don't you think I know that better than anyone what happened, Its not like I only  remember part of that night Kikwang." Tears were rolling down my face and as I wiped them I saw how Kikwang's face soften realising he hurt me more by saying what he did.

 

" You would never understand what I had to go through but despit that we made up. Though it was hard for me to forgive him when I got to know him better it was worth it. Being with him was fun and exciting which made me forget some things I didn't want to remember." I was holding back my tears, my eyes were red and my face felt warm as I looked at Kikwang before I walked off to the bathrooms to wash my face.

 

When I was in the bathroom I rinsed my face with water to calm myself, as i looked at my reflection in the mirror it made me realise how much of an idiot I was. Did I do the right thing by going out with the guy who made me miserable? I stayed in the bathroom for a few minutes until my face looked a bit better, then I walked outside. As I walked out I could see Kikwang talking I thought it was to Jaein but Jaein was looking directly at Kai as he smirked.

 

 

Kai's POV

 

I could tell after the other guys reaction that this was coming I felt sorry for Eun Mi even though it was all because of me that this is happening. Eun Mi walked off after she couldn't handle her emotions any longer I bet anything that she is hurting more on the inside than what she is showing.

 

After a few minutes after Eun Mi walked in the bathrooms I couldn't help myself I needed to know if that guy knew what she was feeling since he is the one she is fighting for. I need to know if he is worth her love, if not I won't let her go.

" I bet your feeling horrible right about now?" I directed it at the guy across from me if i remember correctly his name was Kikwang.

" What did you say?! You do realise that this also concerns you."

" Yeah I know but i'm not the moron who just made a girl cry while we were eating with everyone around." He stayed quiet for a bit, I don't think he realised what he just did.

" How can you act like that when you were the one who took her first kiss which made her miserable if it wasn't for me or yoseob around her who knows how long she would have stayed in that state for." He seemed confident in what he was saying even though all of it was true as he gave me a death glare.

" Easy,because I know that I'm not the one who just hurt her more by remembering." I looked directly at Jaein as she looked in a different direction avoiding eye contact now that she was more involved in this.

" If I didn't know any better your only saying this so you feel better aren't you Kai?"  I looked at Kikwang and smirked.

" Well in that case do you even understand what Eun Mi is feeling now, I have a strong hunch you have no idea how strong she is trying to be." He looked at me with a confused look it was obvious that he didn't know what she feels.

" How exactly would you know what she is feeling?"

" I know more about it than you do at least, you can't even tell how badly she is hurting on the inside."

" I know that remembering what happened would hurt her since it brings back memories she wouldl rather forget."

" Haha well do you know the reason why she is hurting now and its not just from the memories how would you know when you have her by your side?"

" What does Jaein have to do with this?" hearing him say this was making my blood boil how in the world

" EVERYTHING! SHE IS THE REASON"  I was cut off from my rage when Eun Mi softly put her hand on my shoulder calling my name.

" Kai oppa,  please don't say anymore he doesn't need to know." She still had red eyes and i didn't want to cry again so I let it go for now.