Second Date

Who Will It Be?

Eun Mi

Over the next couple days, he'd give me smiles that seemed solely for me, and a little wave when he dropped off Jun. I was still curious about him. I didn't have to wait long for the next date. This time when Dayday asked me out, he didn't need the help of Jun. Rather, he actually walked up to me after school and asked me straight out. He was getting braver with me, and I was getting more comfortable around him. 

Dayday didn't tell me anything about what we were going to do. All he said was to dress comfortably like for the baseball game, and to meet him at the park alongside the Han River at around 1. This time, I wore some cargo capris, strappy sandals, and a casual tee. I also tied a thin sweater comfortably around my waist, in case it got windy like it did on our last date. My hair was tied into a high pony tail. 

I arrived at the park and looked around. He was nowhere in sight. 

Suddenly, I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around. A girl walking her dog held out a small blue envelope and offered me a smile. I took it from her, and she walked off. 

I opened the envelope and pulled out a white card.

You're probably wondering what's going on right? Well, let's see how long it takes you to find me. Follow the instructions on each card. For each clue that you get successfully, I'll tell you something about myself. Maybe you'll get a prize if you find me at the end. ^^

I flipped the card over.

I am a place that children love to play at. I can be very colorful, and I'm made up of more than one thing. Come to me when you figure out what I am for your next clue. 

A place that children love to play? That was easy. A playground. I looked up and turned around. There was a playground a short distance away from me. I walked over. 

This time, a pair of twin boys came up to me. One boy gave me a white daisy, and one gave me a pink card. 

You got the first clue! Good job. Now, here's the next one. I am a place that consists of many different types of one plant. I have many colors, and I attract many insects. What am I? 

One thing.. Lots of colors.. Insects. What plant attracts insects? Flowers! Yes, flowers. But there's lots of it... A flower garden? 

I headed over to the closest flower garden. There, a nice looking old man gave me a yellow envelope.

I can be very big, and I can outlive humans by hundreds of years. Lots of animals depend on me as their home. I exist everywhere in the world, and I'm also very important to humans. What am I?

A tree! Too easy. I looked to my left, and there was a huge tree casting a long shadow. At its base sat the one and only, Dayday. 

He greeted me with a smile. "Looks like you found me."

"Looks like I did." 

"I thought we could have a picnic, since it's lunch time now."

I nodded and sat down on the blanket that he had set out. Dayday pulled a picnic basket from behind him, and laid out some kimbap, side dishes, and a container of cupcakes. He also took out some lemonade.

"Did you make all this?" I asked him as I poured myself a drink.

"I wish I did. Truthfully, my housekeeper did." Dayday stuck out his tongue and made a face.

Laughing, I answered, "At least you're honest." 

He seemed satisfied with this, and just smiled. 

After stuffing ourselves for a little bit, I revived the conversation.

"So, you said that you'd tell me something about you for every clue that I got right." 

He nodded. "Yep. So I'll just go, and you can ask me whatever afterwards." 

After finishing a bite of kimbap, he started. "My real name is David Kim. Dayday is just a nickname that came from Jun. When he was a baby, he couldn't say the last part of my name, so it just became Dayday. I'm actually from California, in America. I moved here with my family when my grandma's health started declining, and we just haven't moved back." 

Dayday glanced at me to see if I was still paying attention. 

"Let's see. I love action movies and I can't stand romantic comedies. My hobbies are working out and rapping. I'm an only child. I went back to the US for school though, and I graduated from the University of Maryland." 

I nodded along. "That's all nice, but what about other stuff that people generally don't know?" 

He looked a bit surprised. "Uh. I don't know." 

I frowned. 

"You'll just find out more things about me the longer you hang out with me." Dayday flashed a cute grin. I swear, that smile could melt anyone's heart, even Hades'. 

"What about you?"

By now, I was so full and content that I had just eased onto my back. I was lying there spread eagle style. I don't think I've been this relaxed since last year. 

"Well. I'm a teacher, like you know. My full name is Lee Eun Mi. I don't have any siblings either, so I've always wanted a little brother. I absolutely hate cocky people and anything grape flavored. I love, love pineapple, just not in smoothie form. I was born in Seoul and I've lived here my entire life. One day, I'd like to go to Rome, just for fun. When I was younger, I wanted to be a firefighter. That's all I can think of."

He laughed. "A firefighter? Really?"

I smiled and nodded. 

"Not the typical girl now are you?" He moved closer to me, and started leaning down. 

Christ. He was going to kiss me. Trying to ignore my racing heart, I closed my eyes. It was gentle. Just a small kiss, but still it sent shivers all over me. Dayday pulled away and smiled. He kissed me on the forehead, and then started packing up all the plates and cups.

He took me home, and right before he left, he gave me another kiss. This time, it lasted longer. 

Please God. Don't take him away from me just yet. 

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Hehe, a long chapter. :) How are you liking the story so far? Comment and subscribe!