Final Goodbye

Who Will It Be?

Eun Mi

This thing that was going on between me and Dayday couldn't continue. I couldn't deal with havig my heart sway back and forth, changing my mind over and over again. It needed to stop. 

Dayday picked up after a couple rings. "Hello?" 

"Hey. Can I come over?" I was already getting into the car. 

"Sure! See you soon."

This time, I wouldn't let anything faze me. 

I arrived at his house in less than ten minutes. Settling down on the couch, I sat directly diagonal from him. I took a breath and began, wasting no time. 

"Dayday, I love you," I said with the utmost sincerity. 

Dayday's face broke into the biggest grin. "I love -"

I cut him off before he could finish. "But we can't be together. I can't do it. We've caused each other so much pain. And it was my fault for making the stupid assumptions. Those three years that we were apart were hell. It took me two years just to heal and get over you. Everyday, I kept wondering if you really did cheat. You left without an explanation, remember?" 

"And these days, you're doing things to try and win me back. It's making my heart sway back and forth, making me change my mind constantly. I can't deal with that. I already have so much on my plate with life itself," I continued. 

I closed my eyes before opening them and staring directly into Dayday's eyes. "I love you. And I'm pretty sure I always will. You were the first guy that I truly fell for. Thank you so much for all of the memories and all the warm feelings that you brought me. I'm never going to forget any of it."

Silence filled the room before Dayday cleared his throat and nodded. "It's best to be apart," he said. "You were the first girl that I felt this way about. Even though I know this is gonna hurt both of us, let it be the last time that either of us hurt because of each other." He offered me a small smile. 

"Find a nice guy, okay? Someone who'll protect you, do anything for you, make you laugh and smile, care for you with all his heart, and be there for you always. If he makes you cry, give me a call and I'll come with whirling fists."

I laughed. "Definitely. Same goes for you. Find a good girl."

We shared one last kiss before parting. It was a kiss that spoke of so much, filled with longing, sadness, desire, love, and parting. 

Driving home, I was blinded from the tears running down my face. I pulled over, grabbed my phone, and pressed 1 speed dial. 

"Dari? I really need you right now."

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

One more chapter and we're finished. Comments and thoughts about what happened? :)