Sun Hee and Dayday

Who Will It Be?

Eun Mi

After that, things pretty much went back like they were before. Life was great with Dayday by my side. I knew that all relationships ended sooner or later, so I just tried to enjoy the time that I had with him. Hopefully ours would end later... Or maybe never. 

That day, Dayday was walking me home after having dinner together. He slipped his hand into mine and entwined our fingers. When I looked up at him, he was already looking at me with a smile on his face. 

"What? Do I have something on my face?" 

Dayday smiled even wider. "No."

"Then what is it?"

"Nothing," he shrugged, "you're just really cute."

I punched him lightly. "Liar." 

"You're blushing!" Dayday pinched my cheek. I slapped his hand away. Laughing, he apologized and kissed the cheek. 

When we got to the front door, he pulled me to him and locked me in a hug. "Hey."

"Hmm?"

"I love you." 

My heart started racing. It was the first time he'd ever said that. I've always been told that you should never tell someone you love them unless you absolutely mean it. And I knew that I had never meant it more in my entire life.

"I love you too."

________________________________

A few days later, Dayday asked me to come over to his house for a movie. We were cuddling on the couch, a blanket draped over both of us when my stomach growled. 

Dayday laughed. "We just had dinner, you know." I buried my face into his neck, trying to hide my face. "Here, you keep watching the movie. I'll grab you something."

"Thank you." I kissed his cheek. 

I settled back into the cushions, focusing on the movie. Suddenly, I felt a vibration by my leg. Looking down, I saw it was Dayday's phone. It probably fell out of his pocket. The screen was lit with a blinking box that had 'New Message!' scrawled across. I pressed 'Open'. 

From: Sun Hee

Msg: Oppa! I had fun the other day. Let's hang out again soon! xoxoxo, Sun Hee <3

What the hell? Fun the other day? Oppa? 

Before I could jump to conclusions or make any assumptions, Dayday came back. I quickly went into 'Options' and marked the message as unread. When Dayday settled down, I handed him the phone. 

"It was vibrating earlier."

He took it from me. "Thanks." Dayday read the message, his face a blank slate. He slipped it back into his pocket and handed me a bowl of chicken noodle soup.

"I just got you something light since we've already eaten." Dayday smiled at me. "What did I miss?"

I didn't respond. My mind was still going crazy over that text that Sun Hee had sent Dayday. It couldn't have been another Sun Hee, could it? Was it? Holy hell, at this rate, I'd probably faint from over stress. 

Dayday patted my leg. "Eun Mi, what's wrong? How come you're so pale?" 

"Huh?" I was jolted from my train of thought. "N-nothing. Let's watch the movie." 

I decided to let it go. It was probably some girl who sent a message to the wrong guy. 

________________________________

From: My handsome boyfriend 

Msg: How's my beautiful amazing girlfriend doing? ;) I have a surprise for you. I'll be waiting at the playground after school. I miss you.

After reading the text, I tucked my things and the assignments I had to grade into my bag and headed out. I really loved being with Dayday. Each day was a new adventure, and he always did something to surprise me. There was never a boring day with him. 

I stopped in my tracks. Sun Hee and Dayday were hugging. 

Sun Hee let go first. "Great! So I'll see you tomorrow at 5 then!" Sun Hee flashed her million-dollar smile and waved to him before leaving. I knew that smile. It was her seductive, flirty smile. 

My heart clenched. There was a physical pain in my chest. I was just about to turn around and leave when Dayday shouted my name. He came over and took my hand in his. 

"I missed you today." Dayday pulled me into a hug and kissed me. I couldn't bring myself to kiss him back, and I knew that he could tell something was off. 

I guess he chose to ignore it. "I have your surprise in the car." 

He pulled me towards his car. When we got there, Dayday turned me so that my back was to the car's trunk. I heard a clicking sound, which told me that he'd opened the trunk. Two seconds later, I had a box in front of me. 

"What is this?" I was confused. It was a regular plain box, with no words or any designs on it. 

"Open it." Dayday grinned. 

I lifted the cover. Inside, nestled between sheets of thin paper, were the expensive pair of leather boots that I had seen while Dayday and I were walking downtown. I'd fallen in love with them at first sight, but when I noticed the price tag, the thought of buying those boots was immediately gone. I didn't think Dayday had noticed. 

My arms went around his neck, and I hugged him so hard, I think he almost suffocated. "How did you know?" 

"I notice everything about you," he replied. 

You know, maybe I was just over thinking things. Sun Hee and Dayday were probably just sharing a nice, friendly hug. That's all.