Dinner Date With The Girls

Who Will It Be?

Eun Mi

Getting Jun settled into class was easy. He was quick to grasp the routines that we had, and all the other students seemed to accept him and include him in all the group activities. Jun was smiling and laughing the entire day, even making me laugh a couple times as well. 

Before I knew it, the school day was over. After seeing each student safely to his or her bus, I walked with Jun to the playground where he said Dayday would be waiting for him. Sure enough, there sat the dirtbag. I did have to admit, the dark blue jacket he was wearing made him look less horrible than normal. I braced myself for any other insults or names that he would throw my way. 

"Dayday!" Slipping his hand out of mine, Jun run at full speed to Dayday, tackling him with a hug around the waist. 

"Hey little man," Dayday laughed. It was a nice laugh. 

Ugh, what was I thinking? This was the guy who had called me names and had been a total bastard. 

Jun began pulling Dayday towards me. 

"Dayday! This is my teacher! Remember the pretty lady at the park?" 

I could feel Dayday giving me the once over. I glared at him.

"Oh, yeah. Hey." He gave me the 'guy nod'. I hate guys who do that. 

Not even acknowledging his greeting, I bent down to Jun. 

"Since he's here now, I'm going to get going. Have a good dinner and a good night's sleep. We're going to be doing lots of fun things tomorrow!" I smiled at Jun one last time and my heel, heading back into the school. 

_________________________

"Who was that hot guy out there? He looked too young to be a student's parent." Sun Hee hip checked me as we walked to the staff parking lot. She was the music teacher at the academy, and was the one who had found me the job. 

"Please. Can we not talk about that loser?" 

Sun Hee's melodic laughter filled the air. "Of course. But he was still hot. So how was class?" 

I gave her a short summary of my day, and then we parted ways. I had to go to the bank and run some other errands. 

TVXQ's Keep Your Head Down started playing and my phone started to vibrate. "Hello?"

"Hey. I forgot to tell you. The girls are having a get together tonight. We're meeting at Mimi's favourite Italian place for dinner at around 7," Sun Hee's voice came through.

"Alright. See you then."

_________________________

When I got to the restaurant, the other girls were already there. Mimi waved me over, and Hana pulled the chair out for me. 

As soon as I sat down, I was bombarded with questions. 

"Sun Hee told us there was a hot guy today," Annie giggled. I shot Sun Hee a glare, but all she did was smile innocently. 

"What's he like?"

"What's his name?"

"Has he asked you out yet?" 

I sighed. "He's rude. His name is Dayday. No, he hasn't, and if he does, I'll break his arm." 

Mimi, Sun Hee, Hana, and Annie groaned. "EUN MI!" They all yelled at me.

"What?"

Hana looked at me with concern, "You're already 26, and you've only been on two dates in your entire life. It's time to get out there." 

"That's true. And you're so pretty, kind, and amazing! Any guy would die for someone like you!" Mimi chimed in. 

Before they could continue, the waiter came by to take our orders. Hana ordered a chicken salad with dressing on the side, since she was watching her weight for her upcoming wedding, I ordered an Alfredo pasta with garlic bread and grilled chicken, and the others ordered various things.

When the waiter departed, we began to talk about Hana's wedding and how everything was coming along. Hana was so excited and couldn't stop smiling. It made sense though. Her fiance was a great guy who was totally head over heels for her, as she was for him. What a lucky girl. 

Sun Hee gasped. 

"What? What's going on?" Annie whipped around. 

"Don't turn around, but that's the hot guy Eun Mi was talking to today."

And here I had thought my day couldn't get worse.