Trouble's Coming

Who Will It Be?

Dayday

"Dayday! Dayday!" the sound of pounding footsteps coming up the stairs and towards my room could be heard throughout the house. 3..2..1. Jun burst through the door and into my room, tumbling onto the bed. In his hand was a paper, but he was waving it around so excitedly that I couldn't tell what it was. 

"I'm going on a field trip! I'm going on a field trip!" Jun was ecstatic, jumping up and down all over the place. 

"Okay. Sit. Breathe. Calm. Then tell me about it." I waited patiently for him to take a seat and calm down a little before he went on explaining. Jun inhaled and exhaled a couple times, and then put on a bright smile again. He stuck out the paper, right in my face. 

"Miss Guk, the music teacher, set up a field trip for us. We're going to band camp for 5 days and we're going to practice our instruments but also have lots of fun. You know I'm learning to play the guitar right? Miss Guk said that there's going to be a super nice guitar instructor who will teach me lots! I can go right? Please, please, please?" Jun looked a little red in the face, since he had somehow managed to say all that without one single pause. 

Laughing, I patted his head. "Of course you can, buddy." If I remembered correctly, Miss Guk also happened to be Sun Hee, Eun Mi's best friend. 

"Yay!" he started to cheer and do a happy dance. In the middle of a wiggle, he froze. "I just had the best idea ever. What if-"

I interrupted him. "No. Your ideas always end up in a disaster."

Jun pouted. "No they don't!"

"Yes. They do." I started to ramble on about all the disasters that had occurred from Jun's ideas.

He shot me a look. "Fine. But are you sure? Couldn't I just tell you?"

I walked out of the room, but of course he was still tailing me. "Go for it."

"Could you volunteer? Please? Please? It'd be so much more fun if you came! Please?" Jun pleaded as he clung onto my arm. 

Glancing down at him, I could see how badly he wanted this. "Fine. Let's sign the forms and everything first, okay?" Coming along could also be advantageous to me. I could learn things about Eun Mi from Sun Hee and and make Eun Mi even happier. 

Hearing me say this, he whooped. His smile was brighter than the sun. 

 

Eun Mi

"You're volunteering on Jun's band camp trip? Isn't that with Sun Hee?" As usual, Dayday and I were having our nightly phone call before bed. 

"Yep. The kid's so excited he can't go thirty seconds without talking about it," Dayday laughed. 

I smiled. "It'll be fun. All the kids that have come back from the trip in previous years have enjoyed it so much. How long are you going to go for?"

"5 days."

"Oh, really?" I was kind of surprised. Usually, Sun Hee only made these band camp trips 2 or 3 days.

"Yeah. Think you'll be able to survive without me?" I could hear the amusement in his voice. 

"Of course. It'll be you who can't survive without me," teasing him, I leaned back into my pillows. I couldn't help but let a yawn escape. 

Laughing, Dayday replied, "You're right. Anyway, it's getting late. Go to bed, amazing and pretty Eun Mi." 

"Good night, my handsome boyfriend."