A Misunderstanding?

Who Will It Be?

Eun Mi

I texted Dayday that morning, asking him to meet me at a cafe near my house. It was a regular meeting place for us and the employees knew the both of us by now. I was afraid that if I called, he would be able to hear that something was wrong in my voice. Walking there, I tried to collect my thoughts and calm myself down. If things got out of hand, I could always just up and leave. No worries. The goal would be not to cry. 

When I got there, Dayday was already seated at the two big blue couches and had ordered our drinks. He shot me a bright smile. That almost made the wall I put up crumble to pieces. Taking a deep breath, I pasted on a smile for him and walked over. 

"Hey." Dayday stood up, kissed my cheek and gave me a hug. I hugged back weakly. Sitting down, I placed my bag by my feet and tried to calm down. 

Feeling his eyes watching me, I looked up and started the conversation. "How was camp?" 

Please tell me the truth. Don't lie. Let what Joo Lin said be false. 

Dayday grinned. "It was great. Jun had so much fun, he won't stop talking about it now. Half the time, I just want to put a muffler on him." He laughed. "Yeah, it was good. All the kids had lots of fun, and I learnt a couple things too. I'd definitely do it again." 

Would you?

I cleared my throat. "So nothing happened?" This was his last chance to tell me. 

"Nope. Nothing out of the ordinary." 

I nodded. 

Either he was lying, or Joo Lin was. But it didn't make sense. Why would Joo Lin lie? She had no reason to. This was all so confusing. My feelings were being thrown around, and I was suffering so much emotional stress. 

"Dayday, I gotta go. I have an appointment. I'll call you or something okay?" 

He looked kind of surprised, but nodded. Getting up, he kissed me lightly before giving me another trademark smile. 

After I went back home and settled comfortably on the bed, I pulled out my phone and scrolled through the contacts, looking for one person in particular. 

"Hello?"

"Hey, Joo Lin?" 

"Yes?"

"Hi. It's Eun Mi. I was just wondering about what you said about what happened at band camp..."

"Oh. About that. Eun Mi, I'm really sorry. But you know what? Maybe it was Sun Hee with some other guy. It was dark, and I couldn't really tell. It just looked like Dayday," Joo Lin said, sounding very apologetic. 

My heart raced. What? It could've just been a misunderstanding? And all these tears for nothing. 

"It's fine. Don't worry about it. Have a good night, Joo Lin." We said goodbye and hung up.

How could I ever have doubted Dayday? He was the greatest guy alive, and he'd never cheat.

Right?