Jun Decides to Meddle

Who Will It Be?

Dayday

I shut off the blaring alarm and got out of bed. The housekeeper would already be making breakfast and packing lunch, so all I had to do was shower, get myself dressed, and do the same for Jun. 

Shuffling to the Jun's room, I rubbed my bleary eyes. 

Just as I was about to reach over and wake him up, Jun jumped out of his bed with a scary face and flailing arms. I'm ashamed to admit that a less than manly yell escaped my mouth. Jun on the other hand, was laughing like crazy. 

"Alright, that's enough. Get dressed and make sure you have all the homework that Miss Lee gave you in your backpack." 

Still giggling, Jun nodded. Satisfied that he would do what I told him, I stepped out of his room and into the shower. 

__________________

On the way to school, I kept palming my phone and a slip of paper. 

"Who's number is that?" Jun asked me curiously.

"No one."

"But you've been holding your phone and that number ever since you came back from dinner with your friends." 

I quickly changed the topic. "How's school been lately?" 

"Really good. Miss Lee is so nice and she helps me understand Math." 

The point of changing the topic was to get away from thoughts of Eun Mi, not to redirect it to her again. 

As I was walking him to class, we bumped into Miss Lee in the hallway. Just like before, she completely ignored me. This annoyed me. I was a person too. 

"Hi Miss Lee!" Jun smiled adorably at her. 

"Hello there, Jun."

"Miss Lee, what's your first name?" 

"Eun Mi. How come?"

How come I had a bad feeling about this?

"It's just that Dayday has a piece of paper with a number and the words 'Eun Mi' written on it. He's been carrying it around and staring at it for almost 3 days now." 

Eun Mi glanced at me, but didn't say anything. 

"So, I think he wants to ask you out," Jun continued. "On a date." He winked at her.

I was going to kill this kid and make it look like an accident. 

Just then, the bell rang. 

"Say yes, Miss Lee!" Jun held her hand and gave her an angelic smile.

She seemed to hesitate. 

"It's okay, Jun. Go to class," I told him.

Jun shot me a look. "Say yes. Pleeeeeeeease?" He begged her. 

"Okay. Fine." 

Did I hear those words right? Did she really just say yes? 

"Yay!" Jun cheered. "He'll call you later, right?" 

I nodded. 

"Perfect! Come on, Miss Lee. We have to go to class." Jun dragged her away. 

I had a date with Eun Mi. Sometimes that little twerp really did come in handy.