First Meeting

Who Will It Be?

One moment I was busy planning out Sun Hee's birthday and the next I was flat on my back staring up at the sky. I could feel the dew start to soak through my tank top. I was too shocked to do anything about it. Suddenly the face of a cute, chubby cheeked little boy came into view. 

"Are you okay, pretty lady?" the kid looked at me with curiosity in his eyes. 

Quickly, I pasted a smile onto my face. "Yep. I'm all good." 

"But pretty lady, you're bleeding," he pointed to my arm. It must've scraped as I was falling down. "You wait here, and I'll go get Dayday." The little boy turned his back on me and ran away, leaving me there with my arm throbbing. 

____________________

Dayday

Where did that little minx go? I had made him sit on the bench to wait for me while I went and got the ice cream, and when I turned around he was gone. I sighed. This always happened whenever I took care of him. Inati and his wife were going to kill me if I lost him. 

"Dayday! Dayday! Dayday!" panting, Jun came running. 

"Jun, you know you're not allowed going anywhere without letting me know," I told him sternly, crouching down so that he could see how serious I was being. 

He pouted. "Dayday, I'm sorry. I know. But there's a pretty girl who's bleeding over there!" He pointed. 

Ignoring him, I continued, "Seriously, Jun. You're only 10. Anybody could come and snatch- " 

Not letting me finish my sentence, Jun grabbed my hand and pulled me behind him as he started running. I was too busy trying to balance the ice cream cones in my one hand to pay attention to what he was saying.

Jun finally stopped. I felt him tugging on my arm. 

"What?" 

"She's bleeding!" 

______________________

Eun Mi

Looking up, I saw the little boy had come back. With a guy who had ice cream melting all over his hand in tow. 

Glaring, the older guy said, "Jun, leave the gross, dirty, sweaty girl alone. We have to get you home now."

My eyes widened. What right did this guy think he had, to just stand there all high and mighty and call me gross, dirty and sweaty? And that mohawk made him look like a tool. Before I could shoot back an insult, the little boy, Jun I think it was, piped up again. 

"Dayday," he whined, "how many times do I have to tell you? She's BLEEDING!" 

The fact that I was a bloody mess seemed to finally register in the guy's mind. He glanced down at me. 

Clearing his throat, he apologized, "Oh. Sorry. I didn't realize. Do you need some help, miss?" 

I shot the guy a look. "Oh, yeah, I'm totally fine, just sprawled here dripping freakin' blood everywhere." I knew I was laying the sarcasm on a little thick, but he seemed to be a jerk. 

The guy walked over to a nearby trash can and dumped the ice cream. Pulling a couple napkins out of his pocket, he wiped up the sticky remains of ice cream on his hand and chucked that in the trash as well. 

"Let me help you up." He put an arm around my waist and offered me an arm for support. Under normal circumstances, I would've just kicked him in the shin and be on my way, but I was injured. It didn't look like anyone else was willing to help me. 

I held onto his arm, and he gingerly helped me up. I tried to ignore the feeling of his other arm around my waist. I'd never had any guy do that before.

Meanwhile, Jun was watching with fascination. 

"Can you walk?"

I nodded. "I think I'm alright. Thank you."

Turning to Jun, I smiled. "And thank you very much for getting me some help."

"Oh, it was no problem! Dayday probably helped you more than I did," he grinned at me, showing his missing tooth. "I just saw you running, and then a biker went by really fast and knocked you over." He frowned. 

Jun was adorable, there was no denying. This Dayday guy on the other hand... 

Dayday

"We better go. Your swimming instructor is probably waiting at home for you now." I reached for Jun's hand and began to pull him away. For some reason, this girl made me feel weird. 

Jun nodded. "Okay. Can I say bye to the pretty girl first?" I nodded. 

Jun ran back to the girl and hugged her around the waist.

"Bye pretty girl, I hope you feel better!" he gave her one last smile and ran back to me. 

As we left, Jun looked up at me. 

"She was pretty wasn't she?" 

The question caught me off guard. 

"Uh, sort of." 

"Hehe, I think she was. So, what are we going to do after swimming lessons?" 

Glad for the topic change, I began to talk about his schedule.