Chapter three

Do I Even Know You

"In-jung! In-jung!" Jaelee called out running to her friend's room, holding two envelopes.

"What is it, Jaelee?" In-jung looked up from her dressing table.

Jaelee showed the two envelopes to In-jung. She was too happy for words. In-jung took the one that was addresed to her. Jaelee tear the envelope eagerly.

"Oh my God, In-jung! They want me in!" Jaelee screamed in delight and went to hug her friend. She didn't notice her friend was looking different.

"Congrats, Jaelee."

"Are you in too?"

"Aniyo," In-jung said softly. She was indeed deeply disappointed. She desperately needed a job.

"In-jung ah, we'll try again." Jaelee comforted her but it was no use.

"Don't bother about me Jaelee. By the way what do you feel like eating?" She needed a changed of subject.

"Pasta!"

"Arasso,"

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

She pressed the bell to the big mansion she was visiting. It was her parents old friend's place.

"Anyeonghasaeyo, you're Miss Nam In-jung, right?" A petite lady came out to greet her, opening the big oak doors.

"Ne, I'm here to see Mrs. Shim." She replied.

"This way," the lady said as she guided her into the mansion and up the broad staircase to a bedroom.

"Kamsahamida," she thanked the lady and went in.

"Mrs. Shim?" She saw an elegant lady siting in a beautifully carved couch. The lady motioned her to sit next to her.

"In-jung dear, I think it's time for you to know something." The lady said kindly but in a very serious tone.

"What is it?" She was too mystified by the situation. Mrs. Shim took out a folder and handed it to her.

She screened the page. It was a contract. Wait a minute. As she looked back, to her horror, she understood the whole situation. She looked at the elegant lady in front of her sipping her tea daintily in dibelieved. Mrs. Shim nodded in confirmation to what her doubts is.

"Yes dear, it's true that you're arranged to marry our son. It's all your father can offer preventing him from going to jail. If you have no objections, we'll help him to clear his name from the lists of bankrupts and all will be settled." Mrs. Shim said slowly and steadily.

She was too stuned for words. She looked at the horrible papers again. She finally cleared and spoke, "but what is the use of me? A marriage in exchange for clearing my dad's name?"

"Of course we've observed you for awhile to see if you fit my son."

"What? You spied on me?"

"Calm down dear, you wouldn't want to agitate your mother-in-law. Your dad wanted well for you anyway, and we like you as a daughter-in-law. Your father has helped us during me and my husband's hard times and we would like to repay him by doing so. I hope you won't disappoint any of us, especially your father."

She kept quiet for awhile thinking deeply.

"What about your son? Did he agree to it?" She asked. She was indeed hoping for a 'no'.

"Ne. My son is the world's best son. He respects his parents decision and wouldn't go against them."

She thought again. Her father was counting on her...

"Arasso, I'll do it." She said reluctantly. Mrs. Shim didn't smile nor had she shown any emotions. She just nodded briefly.

"You'll come to work at our company. Starting from tommorrow at 9 sharp."

"Arasso,"

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"What? But I'm supposed to be the designer!" She protested as she ran after a person who just told her there's a changed of plans.

"Do you want to work or get fired?" The person asked impatiently.

"Work,"

"Then stop complaining!"

"So what's the change?" She asked since she doesn't want to go finding for a job again.

"The secretary of our CEO just resigned, so you'll be replacing her." The person said leading her to her table. "This is your desk. Mr. Jung is inside his office. Knock and go in when you're ready. He won't bite you." With that he left.

"Okay, Kim Jaelee, you can do this. Hwaiting!" she said to herself.

She knocked on the glass door. "Come in" a guy's voice came.

"Good morning, I'm your new secretary, Kim Jaelee." She said nervously.

"Well, hello, Jaelee. I'm Yunho." Omo! Her boss is so handsome! She's gonna faint.

"Um, is there anything I need to do?" She quickly asked noticing she was staring at her boss for too long. Yunho smiled.

"In fact, yeah. I need you to make a few phone calls with our clients. Here's the list." Yunho passed it to her and she took it.

"Arasso, I'll let you know when I'm done." She said smiling back.

This is going to be great, she thought silently as she sat at her chair dialling numbers, being a secretary to a handsome and friendly boss is so much better than designing jewellery.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

[A/N] subscribe and comment! :) so In-jung is gonna marry the Shim!! ahhhhhh if i was her i wouldn't hesitate a sec, i'd totally agree on marrying Changmin. Jaelee is Yunho's secretary... nothing interesting between them, huh? wait til ya read on!