Chapter eighteen

Do I Even Know You

~Ding-dong~, the door bell rang.

“Coming,” she shouted.

It must be In-jung. She probably left her keys here, Jaelee thought as she walked towards the door.

She was about to nag at the person she thought was going to stand at the entrance when instead she saw…

“O-op-pa-a,” she thought she was still dreaming. She pinched herself. Ouch, it hurts. This is so not a dream.

“Ne, Jaelee. Happy to see me?” he asked but without a smile.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“And I thought you were banned from coming back to Seoul.” He said smoothly sitting opposite her at the small kitchen table.

“N-ne, I-I,” she was stuck with words as she stared at and stirred her coffee.

“You what?” he asked impatiently, forcing her to look up.

“I thought I could start anew. I know what I did was wrong in the past and I should’ve listened to you. Oppa, please give me a second chance.” She begged him. Tears were threatening to fall down anytime.

The past haunted her very much. Reminding her of it wasn’t helping her situation much.

“A second chance? You dare to ask for that? Just because you and I didn’t meet up after your rehab and your return to Seoul doesn’t mean you can spoil someone’s relationship!” he shouted losing control. He balled his fists on the table which frightened her very much.

She hated when her oppa got angry.

“I-I didn’t know t-that y-you’re h-his b-boyf-friend…” she stuttered as a tear slide down her face.

“Well, Jaelee, you’re one ing big mess! You ed everything up! And for the millionth time on earth, I’m not your oppa anymore!” he shouted and started for the door.

“Op—Jaejoong-ssi! Let me explain, I-I really, honestly—“she chased after him.

“You slept with someone I loved so much! You ing slept with Yunho!” with that he was gone, leaving a poor Jaelee to sob her heart out.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“Eommonim, I’m back!” he yelled from the doorway, back from a long day’s work.

His little sister greeted him with a big hug and a kiss on the cheek, “oppa, you’re finally back! I need your help! Physics is so damn hard—“

“Yunho dear, I have something urgent to discuss with you.” His mother said at the sight of him.

“But umma, I need oppa’s help—“his sister whined.

“Later. I’ll help you after I talked to eommonim.” He smiled and ruffled his sister’s hair affectionately then followed his grandfather’s private study room.

He closed the door. His mother was already sitting on the sofa waiting for him.

He took his seat next to his mother.

“What is it, eommonim?” he asked, looking at her serious expression.

“Yunho ah, I know this is a bit too much to digest but I’ve to tell you to stop the contract you’re working on with the Shimyoung Enterprise.” His mother said solemnly.

“Wae? We’re working perfectly well together. And I’m sure it’ll give the company great benefits.” Yunho said surprised that his mother was acting kind of… weird?

“I told you to stop, so stop.” His mother said impatiently.

“Wae? Why should I stop?” Yunho questioned.

“Because he’s your—Why don’t you follow as I say! I’m your mother.”

“Because he’s my what?” Yunho pressed on, ignoring his mother’s wishes.

“Do as I say.”

“Andwe. Unless you tell me who this he is?”

“He’s your—“

“He’s my? Go on,”

“Damnit Yunho! He’s your brother!” His mother threw her hands up, totally exasperated by her son’s insistent behavior.

“No way… he’s my brother? You mean Shim Changmin is my brother?” he couldn’t he’s mother just said what she just said.

“Ne…” his mother answered tiredly as she massaged her temples.

Yunho stood and walked up and down the room.

“So eommonim, who was the one cheating? You or appuji?” he asked. His mother looked at him, shocked by the question he just asked.

“Neither did I or your appuji cheated, Yunho ah! He’s our child…”

“MWO?” this answer was even more shocking to hear. “You mean you gave your child away?”

“No, we did not… it was your grandfather who did it. The company was falling and your grandfather almost went bankrupt. Then the Shim couple, who couldn’t bear children, wanted your brother in exchange for saving the company. So they ended signing a contract when your dad was in New York and while I was unconscious after giving birth. Before your dad and I knew it, the baby is gone.” His mother was crying now and he went to her side and hugged her.

He couldn’t believe that his beloved grandfather would do such thing… something that cost his parents too much to take… and all these years they’ve been hiding it.

“Eommonim, I can’t stop now. If I do, well, let’s just say, we’ll really go bankrupt.” Yunho said, thinking about the contract he had signed with the president of Shimyoung Enterprise.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[A/N] yo what's up people! does the story title fit the story now? told ya! more fun and DRAMA would be up!! stay tuned! ooolalalala~~ oh and and don't forget to comment and subscribe ^^ <3 u guys!