Chapter twenty-one

Do I Even Know You

Her door slammed opened but she didn’t give a damn about it and continued packing.

“KIM JAELEE! Where the hell do you think you’re going?!” In-jung demanded while her back faced In-jung.

“Away from hell.” She replied bluntly and walked past In-jung for more clothes in the closet.

“What do you mean by that?”

“It means I’m leaving. Leaving for good,”

“What? Why? It doesn’t make—wait, Jaejoong found you? Is that it?” In-jung finally got it.

“Ne, In-jung, you’re fast on getting me.” She laughed sadly. Her friend is a smartass, what can she do about it? Nothing.

“Jaelee, you’re fine, you’re well once again! There’s no need to go somewhere just because your brother tells you to! Jaelee, listen to me! Stop packing and listen!” In-jung grabbed both of her hands and spun her around to face her.

“In-jung you don’t get it…”

“What do you mean I don’t get it? You’re my friend and I know you! You’ve changed and you’re gonna be—“

“Nam In-jung, stop it! Stop it okay? It’s right that my brother was hard on me but I was the one who let him down! Not only once but twice! Do you get what I mean?” Jaelee finally burst out.

“What do you mean by twice?” In-jung was confused. Jaelee, what the heck are you talking about?!

“I betrayed him! I slept with his boyfriend!” Jaelee couldn’t contain herself anymore. She felt so sick.

In-jung hugged her, trying her best to comfort Jaelee’s unexpected outburst.

“But you didn’t know before that right?”

“How-w’d yo-ou kn-now?” Jaelee said as she wiped her tears away with the tissue In-jung had passed her.

“’cause my friend is not those types of girls who would do such a thing.” In-jung smiled warmly at Jaelee.

“B-but—“

“Jaelee, you should explain it to Jaejoong. He ought to know it and no more buts.” In-jung ordered. “And you’re staying.”

When In-jung was about to leave the room, Jaelee stopped her with saying, “Yunho. Yunho is Jaejoong’s boyfriend. The one I slept with, In-jung.”

In-jung turned around to face Jaelee and blinked her eyes several times just to digest what Jaelee just said.

“No way…”

“Well, it was yes way since it happened.”

“Jaelee, don’t tell me you just resigned from the best job you ever got in your life?”

“Like I said, you’re a smartass. I can never hide anything from you. Ne, I resigned but I can always find another job.”

“But it won’t be as awesome as this one is, right?”

“Right,”

“So, what’re you gonna do now?” In-jung asked as she sat down beside Jaelee on the bed.

“I don’t know. Get another job, I guess?” Jaelee stared at her palms, feeling as lost as ever.

“Jaelee, I know I’ve been quite distant from you these days especially with umm…”

“Changmin-ssi? You guys are something right?”

“Gah, forget about him. What I wanted to say was that if you ever face any problems again, please tell me and I’ll try my best to help you, got it?” In-jung said as she put up a serious face.

“Ne, so you and this Changmin-ssi… what’s going on, huh? Is there something I should know?” Jaelee asked cheekily.

“Uh umm ani…” In-jung was stuck she didn’t know what to say. Fortunately for her, the door bell rang. “I’ll go get it.” And with that she shot out of the room.

When she opened the door, she was greeted with “Hi, In-jung,” which wasn’t something bad but unfortunately for her…

“Well, there’s definitely something going on with you guys. Spit it out, Nam In-jung.” Jaelee folded her arms in front of her chest as she spoke behind In-jung.

-----------------------------------------------------

He watched the tense situation between the two girls from outside the unopened door.

“Can’t you girls let me in?” he sighed.

“Oh, right, mianhe.” In-jung blushed remembering that he was just outside and quickly opened the door.

When he was about to go in, he was stopped “Oppa, what are those bags for?”

“Since you didn’t want to move in with me so I decided to…” he was already taking his bags in when this time Jaelee stop him.

“Mianhe Changmin-ssi but if my friend here doesn’t want to say what’s going on between you and her, I’ll not let you in.”

Changmin looked at In-jung while In-jung was figuring what was best to say. Jaelee just eyed her friend.

“Jaelee… um… Oppa and I… we’re actually getting married…” she finally said it out.

“MWO?!” Jaelee couldn’t believe what she just heard. Her friend was engaged and she didn’t know?!

“It’s a long story, Jaelee-ssi.” Changmin said and walked past the two ladies. “In-jung, where’s your room?”

“Mianhe, Jaelee but I promise I’ll tell you after I finish with oppa, kay?”

“Arasso,”

Jaelee watched her friend and her fiancé walked into her friend’s room.

Life can just get more and more interesting sometimes…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[A/N] hi i'm back! i know it's a boring chapter so i'll try to update at least one more chapter later :) comment and subscribe <3