Chapter one

Do I Even Know You

The funeral ended and they all packed up, continuing their errands on a beautiful sunny day.

There was no use to cry over his granfather's death, it would be a total waste of time even if he missed him.

He drove to the company, he was now the CEO, taking over his grandfather's place as he is the only male in the family.

"Good afternoon, Mr Jung." His workers greeted him as they bowed their heads. He nodded in response.

He rode the elevator to the top floor where his new office is situated.

Like a usual working day, he continued his job even if he hated it and wanted to quit.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Umma, what is it?" he asked looking at his mother worriedly when he came home from work.

His mother was clutching the phone reciever really tightly and looking pale. Suddenly, she let go of the receiver and collapsed.

He ran to her side, shouting for his servants to come.

"Call Doctor Lee right away!" He ordered one of them. "Umma! Umma!" He called as he shaked her.

"Your appuji... he... he's in the hospital..." and then she black out.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He had to leave his mother at home and rushed to the hospital.

He'd been praying all the while for his father not to die and that his mother would be okay.

"Doctor, how is my father?" He asked as he ran to the doctor.

"I'm sorry, Mr Shim but your father just passed away 10 minutes ago. I'm really sorry." The doctor said sympathised by the situation.

"No... appuji... this can't be it..." he was sitting on the floor mumbling, both hands covering his face.

His father was as jolly as he always was when he last saw him during the day, now it was all over...

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She was at the airport. She was back from London. She had to come home. Her father had went bankrupt. She had to help solve the problem as her own brother had cheated her father's money and never came back home again. 

She hailed a cab.

She was now staying at a rented apartment which wasn't to her liking. Her house had been taken by the bank and she could only afford a little apartment.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[A/N] i hope you guys like it. please subscribe and comment! happy new year and it's Sungminie's birthday too :)