hospital

This Pain

Hae Won sipped her coffee carefully, blowing it afraid if its too hot to drink. 

the hospital's cafeteria was filled with with patients, doctors, nurses and relatives walking around, sitting, eating and what not.  

The air was clean and the sun shone brightly passing the high ceiling windows. Hae Won sat down calmly as she takes small bites of her sandwich. Small crumbs fell down on her blue scrubs and she clean them away slowly.

Her sight falls on her new pink stethascope that jiyong gave two days ago before sending her off to work. Jiyong is being too romantic these days and Hae Won is not complaining at all. 

she's more in love with him as days pass by, He's a bit busy last week but she's ok with it. Its his passion and she's trying to learn to be his no.1 fan.

 A pretty tall girl in scrubs caught her attention.A junior physician named Jess. Hae Won waved at her and she smiled walking towards her holding a donut and ice lemon tea in hand.

‘Unni, how’s your day?’

‘good, only an operation this morning and consultation next, how was yours’

Hae Won observed her panda eyes and pale skin ‘on call, but good so far, unni your stethoscope, so pretty!, where did you bought it?’ Jess took the pink stetho and looked amazed at it.

Hae Won blushed a bit ‘my husband bought for me but it’s a preorder from Australia dearest, I’ll pass you the website ok?’

Jess pouted ‘wah, I want to get married too’ her eyes then widen a bit like she remembered something very important ‘Omo, unni I have to go now, I’m on duty’

Hae Won giggled ‘go now go now’

‘bye unni’

Hae Won watch as Jess rushed out of the cafeteria.

Its her 2nd day in the pediatrics department and thank God everything is going well. The nurses and doctors are quite friendly and accepting her well.

Her mind flew back to a small patient she met this morning in a football jersey. Hae Won eyes twinkled in peacefullness. Little Mark has appendicitis  and she did the operation today. Naturally as a kid, he was scared.The way he clutch her hand in fear nearly break her heart but during the years Hae Won have learn not to show any fearful emotions to the patients so she kissed little Mark forehead and promised him everything will be allright.

In a hour he was in good shape and Hae Won will just keep an eye on his conditions next.

She’ll buy him a teddy bear tomorrow, or maybe a football. She’ll ask Jiyong later, maybe he’ll know better. jiyong..Hae Won smiled a little. Aish she’s now acting like a teenager in love. 

She loves kids and her mind wonders when she will have one. Maybe sooner or later.

Her phone beeped. a message from Jiyong

'love, how's today?'

'good, I just miss you' 

'why don't you just be my personal doctor?  I miss you too' 

'i already am, how's work?' 

'a long day, you'll be back by 7pm?' 

'yes, you?' 

'maybe 9pm, sorry baby'

'no problem ji, I'll cook dinner' 

'you're tired, don;t baby' 

 

Drinking up her coffee hae Won was going to reply but a tall figure sat infront of her. Hae WOn was a bit surprised with the intruder. Her sight moved up from his blue scrubs covered with his labcoat , his black stethoscope hanging on his neck to his handsome face.

Her breath was stuck in her troath ‘Min Ki’ she whispered, her heart pounding like crazy.

'Hae Won shii, its good to see you, atlast you came back' 

Hae Won looked at the man infront of her. 

Min Ki, the reason why she came back to Korea.  

He looked at her, his eyes twinkled with joy 'its been so long Hae Won, how are you?' 

'good, you work here?' Hae Won gulps and tried to control her nerves. 

'yes, why didn't you contact me once you were back?' his hand came foward and touch her left hand which was on the table,

Hae Won looked at her hand and let it be there. She was positevly very confuse and flabbergased as she hid her right hand that has her wedding band.

'I was busy I guess' she said lowly. 

'that dosen't matter, what matters is you're here now, little sunshine' he smiled with the nickname he gave her during their stay in Thailand. 

Her phone rang and it was jiyong. Hae Won felt like she wanted to weep now. She pulled her hand from Min Ki's grasps and took the phone.

and she puts it on silent. 

Jiyong must not know about Min Ki. Never. 

 

 

omg im in a rush, I have a lecture in 15 mins. omo omo 

tq too all that have been so patient. I'm so sorry for the late late update 

<3 

heytherenoona, this chap is for u dearest <3

thank you for the encouraging comments. love u guys. will try to update tonight

ok,off too lecture, personal reply after lecture >.<