Explanation

Is this Friendship or Love

"Ey.. Taemin. Long time no see bro." Chanyeol walked towards Taemin with a wide smile spread across his face.

 

Taemin just replied a smile and gulped down another shot of liquor in his throat. Chanyeol looked down at his friend and shook his head.

 

"You told us you dont drink a lot anymore Tae. What the are you doing here?" Chanyeol sat at the seat beside him and took the small glass shot away from Taemin.

 

Taemin took it back and poured in some more liquor into it. Chanyeol snatched it and gulped it down his throat instead. Taemin groaned at Chanyeol's actions and was about to ask the bartender for another when Chanyeol slapped his hand away.

 

"I could get you a better drink...That will bring you way higher. Take a seat at the couch there,i'll bring it over."  Chanyeol said as he patted Taemin's back, assuring him.

 

Taemin stood up and was swaying his way towards the couch. As soon as he was there, he slumped on the couch and tilted his head back. His adam apple bobbed as he swallowed his dry throat.

 

Taemin was getting drunk. He didnt know exactly why. To be honest, he was kinda relief that Krystal's girlfriend was someone he knew. and it was non other than his close buddy Amber. But the feeling of being betrayed was what made him angry and upset.

 

Chanyeol broke into his thoughts when he brought back the 'special drink'. Taemin was only half drunk and was still aware of his surroundings. Taemin sat up and smiled at Chanyeol as he took the drink from him.

 

"Enjoy the drink! I'll be up if you need anything." Chanyeol said as he gave a thumbs up.

 

When he was about to walk away, someone blocked his path. It was Kai. Chanyeol smiled at him but was returned with a glare.

 

"Taemin dont drink it." Kai ordered  as he glared at Chanyeol.

 

Taemin furrowed his eyebrows and obeyed Kai's command. Chanyeol gave a devilish smirk and shook his head.

 

"Protecting your best friend huh? Or should i say crush?" Chanyeol said with a devilish grin spread on his face.

 

Taemin knew since the day Kai got drunk and spilled the truth. He didnt disregard or hated that boy one bit as Kai was indeed his best friend . Kai didnt budge at the Chanyeol's remark and balled his palm into a fist as he clenched his jaw.

 

"Hand those drugs over Chanyeol."

 

" You mean this?" Chanyeol asked he took out a small bottle of pills from his pockets.

 

Taemin's eyes widened at what he saw. It was ecstacy.

 

"He needed something to get him higher than ever. He needed pleasure my friend.." Chanyeol said and leant closer to Kai.

 

"Since you're here. Maybe you could give him some pleasure." Chanyeol said before giving a last tap on Kai's shoulder and throwed him the small bottle of ecstacy.

 

"Jerk.." Kai muttered under his breath as he threw the bottle away in a small bin.

 

Taemin stood up but swayed and Kai quickly  took hold of him. Taemin held out an arm and nodded, telling Kai thay he was fine. Kai took the glass and poured the contents away in the same bin, not wanting others in the club drinking it. When Kai looked up, Taemin was already at the exit door of the club.

 

"What are you doing here? You know i dont like it when you come here.. It isnt safe. " Kai said after they exited the club.

 

Taemin sighed and looked up

 

"You are okay being like this. Being normal when you have a crush on me and act like nothing ever happened? When i've hurt you? "

 

Kai didnt expect such a response from Taemin. Kai inhaled sharply.

 

"You didnt hurt me Taemin. We're still best friends. I understand that you dont like me and im okay with it. Feelings cant be forced." Kai smiled assuringly as he tapped Taemin's shoulder.

 

Taemin looked up and smiled slyly at him. Kai was a charming,smart and energetic boy and Taemin was fully aware that he cant possibly hate Kai just because he  had feelings for him. Its just too stupid. The boy had his own way of showing his care towards Taemin and Taemin didnt wanna lose such a friend.

 

Taemin chuckled and shook his head. "Cant believe you're gay man."

 

"Your fault for being too hot." Kai cooed.

 

"What the hell Kai?" Taemin stared unbelievably at him and shook his head.

 

Kai laughed as they walked out of the alley. "Just kiddin buddy.." Kai said.

 

Taemin's face dropped and Kai held his palm over his lips. He just slipped one  word 'buddy'. Taemin knitted his eyebrows as his face showed the mixed expression of angry and sadness.

 

Kai didnt know how to react. He sighed and placed a hand on Taemin's shoulder.

 

" It might be hard for you to forgive her straight away.. But at least let her explain herself fully to you.."

 

Taemin thought about it and he indeed needed a full explanation. With what  Krystal said back at the basketball court still lingering in his mind. He needed it , even though he wasnt sure he was ready to forgive.

 

"Can i just ask you something, please tell me the truth." Taemin said as he sat on the bumped at the side of a closed store.

 

Kai nodded and looked down at him.

 

"How long have they been together for?"

 

Kai sat beside him and sighed.

 

" 2 months and counting." Kai answered honestly.

 

Taemin just nodded as he kept silent. 2 months was long enough... Taemin thought. To be kept away from a secret for two months with all his other friends knowing it, made his chest tighten. It hurt him a lot and his anger kept building up everytime a flash of Amber's voice played in his mind.

"Didnt know she swings that way.."

He was lied to..and he felt really betrayed by his own buddy. Taemin just shook his head and ruffled his hair in frustration. He have to put himself in Amber's shoes to understand the situation in Amber's point of view. He needed the full explanation and if its up to him..Deep down in his heart.....

 

He just wanted his buddy back....