Taemin's Confession

Is this Friendship or Love

 

Krystal's P.O.V

Why must Amber go home? Why must things go this way? Oh My God..

 

"Hey Taemin.. Sorry I took quite a while.. Amber said she is going home..so its left with only us.." I said pretending not to know about the confession later.

 

"Do you wanna go to a cafe? Get some drinks and pie?" Taemin suggested as he slipped his hands in his pocket.

 

I just nodded and flashed him a smile. He took my hand when we were on our way to the cafe. I simply ignored it as i didnt want him to feel rejected. His hands are warm, but they'll be never be the same to Amber's warmth and grip on my hand, its really different. He kept on glancing at me and i was actually quite annoyed, but just slyly smiled at him.

 

"Welcome to Frost tea cafe." The cashier at the front door welcomed us when we walked in.

 

Being a gentleman, Taemin held the door for me to go in before following close behind me. We sat at the far end of the cafe. He sat across me as the waiter handed him a menu before walking away. I just fidgeted in my seat and looked around.

 

"Umm..So.. What do you wanna order?" Taemin asked as he closed the menu and intertwined his fingers together,holding them up on the table with the support of his elbow.

 

"Just... Mango lemon tea." I said and nodded.

 

"Okay then..Wait here..I'll go and order.." Taemin said as he smiled and left the seat.

 

My body was all stiff until he left to order, i relaxed my body a little. I took out my phone and decided to call Amber.

 

Im missing her already. Love makes you this way.

 

"Hello." I said as i heard the line got through.

"Yes Princess? You're on a date..Dont call someone else~" Amber said jokingly.

"Yah! The only person im dating or so called already official is YOU dork.." i said coldly and acted to sulk.

"Aww..I was just joking.. How can you call me? where's Taemin?" Amber asked and i heard her yawn.

"Taemin is ordering the drinks..Babe..Do i bore you that much,that you have to yawn so loudly?" I asked as i played with my fingernails.

"What?! No Princess..Im sleepy.. Take care of yourself okay. I wanna take a nap. Remember to call me okay? I love you." Amber said sounding a little tired.

"Okay.. Love you too dork.."  I said and disconnected the call.

 

"Uh..Who was that?" Taemin sat across me as he placed the drinks on the table.

He looked a little sad,i guess he heard my conversation with Amber.

"Were you eavesdropping the whole time?" I asked, controlling my tone making sure that i dont sound pissed.

 

"No. Just at the end.The..." Taemin cant manage to finsh his sentence and he sighed.

 

He placed his hand over mine and gave it a light squueze.

 

"Krystal Jung... I love you... I-I dont know..Its been so long..and.."

 

"Tae.. Wait.. I know.. I know you have feelings for me.." I said and sighed.

 

He just kept silent and so i took a sip of my drink before continueing.

 

"To tell you the truth Taemin..Im not the right girl for you.. You deserve better.. Im gay Taemin..I dont have feelings for guys..Im sorry.." I said trying to calm my nerves as i tucked my fringe behind my ear.

 

"What?!" Taemin questioned in disbelief.

 

"Yes Taemin, im gay. I have someone special and im sorry i couldnt tell you earlier about my uality..If only i have told you earlier,you wouldnt be in love with me .." I apologised as i looked down at my lap.

 

He closed his eyes and leaned back on the chair as he heave out a big sigh.

 

"Is Kai the one who told you about this?" Taemin asked he drank his mango juice.

I shook my head and answered..

"Nope. I got to know it myself. You somehow treat me a little special then the rest..I felt that.." I laughed trying to ease the seriousness of this conversation.

Taemin just made an 'o' with his mouth and nodded. I saw a light shade of red on his cheeks but just ignored it. I think he just got shy of this whole thing.

 

"So you are currently dating a ....girl?" Taemin asked as his voice sounded nervous.

I just nodded.

"At least its good to know, someone loves you and cares for you like i do.." Taemin sighed and faked a smile.

"Hey..Tae..Come on.. I love you too..But as my friend..you know that..Cheer up a little." I reached out my hand to his shoulder and gave it a light squeeze as i smiled assuringly.

 

"So if i cant love you as a lover.. and i dont want to love as a friend.. Can I love you like my own sister?" Taemin asked sounding a little confused about his own idea.

"You sure? A sister?" My voice shrieked a little.

Taemin nodded and grinned.

 

" So..Whose this person you're dating?" He asked as he tapped his glass.

 

Oh .. Im stuck.. I cant possibly tell him that Amber's my girlfriend..It'll make matters worst..But i know if we keep on hiding, one day he we still discover the truth..

 

"I'm dating-

* Shinee's hello ( Taemin's ringtone)*

 

"Hold up." Taemin held his hand up as he took out his phone.

 

I sighed in relief that i didnt have to go through another confession.

 

"Yeah.. Okay.. I'll be going.." Taemin nodded and ended the call.

"Krys.. I've gotta go now..Mum asked me to help her buy some groceries." Taemin said and smiled.

"O-Okay then.." I said and smiled back.

He got up from his seat and helped me get up from my seat. He stared at me as a smile form on his face. I. smiled back and I felt his hand caress my face. He lifted my chin and kissed my forehead. He hugged me as he let out a long breath.

 

Pheww..Luckily it wasnt the lips..

 

"Krys.. Its okay if you dont love me.. But I want you to know that.. I'll be here if you need me.." He said and pulled back.

 

I nodded and pursed my lips.

 

"And Krys.. Dont forget to tell me who you're dating.. Who is that girl that won the princess heart huh? Even I lost.." He said jokingly as he tapped my nose with his index finger.

 

"Well you're not a girl Taemin.." I laughed and pushed his shoulder.

 

"But I can be pretty.." Taemin scoffed and left.

 

Author's P.O.V

Krystal just stood there and shook her head. She looked at the time and it was exactly 5pm. She decided to drop by Amber's place before going home. Krystal tried calling Amber, but the tomboy didnt pick up. She knew that her dorky girfriend was still sleeping and so decided that it was a surprise visit. 

 

When Krystal arrived, Mrs Liu was the one who opened the door. Krystal told Mrs Liu not to inform Amber and the women just smiled. When Krystal wanted to ascend the stairs, Mrs.Liu grabbed her wrist. 

 

"I just wanted to say thank you for making my daughter happy. Its just.. You get my blessing in having a relationship with my dear daughter." Mrs.Liu told her and smiled as a tear rolled down her cheek. 

 

"Thank you Mummy Liu.. A whole lot.. and because of you..I finally felt a mother's love.. " Krystal said as she hugged the women in front of her. 

 

Mrs.Liu knew what Krystal meant and just sighed as she pat the young girl's back. 

"Now go upstairs and wake that lazy bum and tell her dinner's ready.. and do join us." Mrs.Liu let go of Krystal and smiled before walking into the kitchen. 

 

Krystal's P.O.V 

Mummy Liu is the best mum , anybody could have ever asked for. I won't regret being with Amber. In fact I think I'll be miserable if Amber wasn't my girlfriend.  The Liu's are surely nice and dorky people.. If only I could see her dad too...  

 

Without realising I had already walked past her room and had to backtrack my way. I lightly knocked on the door, but there was no reply. I silently turned the door knob and opened the door. I smiled as I saw my handsome girlfriend sleeping peacefully. I walked up to her bed and kneeled down beside it. I unknowingly moved my hand and brushed her hair to the side lightly. 

 

"Krys..." She mumbled and slowly opened her eyes. 

"Waky waky Baby.." I said in a cute voice and smiled. 

Amber sat up and rubbed her eyes as she looked down at me who was still kneeling beside the bed. 

"What are you doing here? You were supposed to go home..there's school tomorrow.." Amber asked lazily. 

" So you dont want your girlfriend here? Fine.. I'll-"  

I was brushing off the dusts from my knees as I got up,ready to leave. When Amber suddenly pulled my wrist and my landed on her bed. She wrapped her arms around my waist and bury her face at the crook of my neck, inhaling my scent. 

 

"I miss you so much baby..Dont leave.." Amber mumbled and kissed my shoulder as she rest her head on it. 

 

I can't help but not get angry at my dorky and lovable girlfriend. I smiled and tapped her hands that was around my waist. 

 

"Okay.. I wont leave...Your mum asked you to come down and eat dinner.." I told her as i tilted my head to look at her. 

"Hmm..okay.." She hummed but continued resting her head on my shoulder. 

"Before that..Let me show you how I look like in the dress.. we bought..You only caught a glimpse just now.." I said and pulled away. 

 

I heard her whined but then she just nodded and watched me as I walked into the bathroom to change.