2

War of the Beast Worlds

Kikwang’s P.O.V.

We found an apartment, which was in Gangnam district and it was overlooking the beautiful Han River. Suddenly, the ringing of the doorbell broke my trail of thoughts. Yoseob hyung opened the door and saw that it was the deliveryman. Oh it must be our new beds, or rather coffins. For the past night, we’ve been hanging upside down from the ceiling trying to catch some sleep, which was very uncomfortable if I must say. While Yoseob hyung was signing the contract, the deliveryman looked at me awkwardly. I looked at him and grinned with my fangs showing. He was taken aback and immediately ran off without the contract. I laughed out loud so much so that Hynseung hyung woke up from his sleep and fell down hard onto the ground. “Yah!” he shouted at me and chased me around the house. He then caught me and pinned me to the ground and said, “I’m going to enrol you in a school, whether you like it or not, cause you can’t seem to behave yourself.”

 

Yoseob hyung then came into the room and saw us on the ground on top of each other. He squeaked, “Omo! Sorry I didn’t see anything!” and hurriedly left the room. “You!” yelled Hyunseung hyung to Yoseob hyung who stopped in his tracks and turned around to face Hyunseung hyung and then said, “You’re coming with us as well. Full stop.” Yoseob hyung nodded silently and followed us into his car, which was a brand new red Maserati GranCabrio Sport. Hyunseung hyung revved the engine and reached the school just in time to see the security guard opening the school gates. It was early morning and school holidays at that time so the hallways and classrooms are empty. Vampires can walk around in daytime and they don’t glitter under the sun!

 

“Prince Jang, is it really necessary that we have to enrol in a high school?” I asked as we walked into the admin office of Seoul High School. Hyunseung replied coldly, “Of course it’s a must if you don’t want to be spotted so easily by the werewolves.” He added on angrily, “And don’t call me Prince Jang! It will only bring about unnecessary attention! Since I’m older than both of you, just call me hyung. Do you understand?” Yoseob and I nodded our heads silently and did not question further as we knew that going up against Hyunseung hyung is not the right thing to do, especially whose wrath and anger can be quite scary at times.

 

The receptionist interrupted us, “Erm… excuse me but are you here to enrol as new students for the high school?” “Yes.” Hyunseung hyung responded with a slight smile so that his fangs were showing. The receptionist was caught off surprise and immediately went to get the paperwork done. “O-Okay, h-here a-are y-your n-new t-timetables.” stuttered the receptionist as she handed the timetables over to Hyunseung hyung. “T-thanks f-for y-your h-help.” said Yoseob hyung as he imitated the receptionist. I giggled at his playful act whilst the receptionist hurried off to the restroom. Hyunseung hyung then said, “Okay now let’s see… Oh Yoseob and Kikwang are in the same class so I’m the only odd one out. The only time we get to see each other is during the lunch break. So that means you have to protect yourself from now on. Is that clear?” “Yes hyung!” we answered in unison. “Okay now let’s go buy our uniform and books and leave this place immediately before we kill everyone in here.” As soon as we got hold of our uniform and books, we headed back to our new apartment.

 

I then the television since it was kind of boring around here. It was a news channel and the news reporter read out the latest news of the day: “Dozens of animals have been found dead in Seoul Zoo. Police are still investigating the cause of death but have found claw marks on the railings. Just who are they?” at the same time, Yoseob hyung cried from his bedroom, “Hey guys! Come and see this!” We ran to his bedroom and he read the headlines out loud: “Citizens think there are werewolves in Seoul and are arming themselves with all sorts of weapons.” “That’s almost the same as the news channel.” I exclaimed. Hyunseung hyung then grinned cunningly, “They’re finally here.”