17

War of the Beast Worlds

Dongwoon’s P.O.V.

We ran, ran for our lives, leaving the school, not going back to our apartment anymore, running to a place that only god knows where. I turned to my right and saw Junhyung hyung sobbing, warm tears flowing down his cheek. It must have been really painful for him to find out that his crush is our enemy, the vampires, and that now they’ve been captured, what do we do now? I turned to my left and saw Doojoon hyung sobbing too, the vampires must have been really something to do this to my hyungs. For me, to be honest, I really miss his eye-smile, his nose, his face, his abs, and his… wait why am I missing him? Is this what the mortals call love when you long for someone so dearly? Is this why my hyungs are crying so much? Why does it hurt so badly? I thought to myself as I balled my fist tightly and placed it onto my chest, above where my heart laid.

 

Flashback

Gayoon and Jiyoon, the president and vice-president of the student council, stepped into our classroom and requested for Yoseob hyung and Kikwang hyung to follow them. From the corner of my eye, I saw a couple of policemen and army personnel waiting outside. They must have borrowed them from their appas, whom are the chiefs of the police and defence force in Korea. As they stood up and made their way to the door, not knowing what was awaiting them, Junhyung hyung back hugged Yoseob hyung like a koala, and refused to let go. In the end, sleeping gas had to be used before the situation got out of hand. Luckily, Junhyung hyung didn’t go berserk and transform, if not things could’ve been worst.

 

I dragged Junhyung hyung’s stiff body out of the classroom and met Doojoon hyung along the hallway, running towards us. He too was sobbing like Junhyung hyung. I wondered what on earth was happening to the both of them. We had to act fast before our cover got blown away so we woke Junhyung hyung up and made our escape as quickly as possible. On the way, Doojoon hyung told me some disturbing things and I couldn’t believe what he just told me. No, this can’t be true, I thought. For the past two weeks or so, they were living so close to us and yet we didn’t realise that. We fell in love with them so much so that we forget about our purpose, our mission.

 

End of flashback

We’ve stopped, we were now in front of an abandoned warehouse, getting away from the humans. Thanks to Sohyun and her appa who owns a media agency, the whole of South Korea knows about the capture of the vampires, and now the whole of South Korea are looking for us, the werewolves. We still had to rest no matter what, abandoning your loved ones and saving yours is no mean feat for any creature. But we had to do so, if we want to get them back. As we know it, that night, that very fateful night, loud howls and growls filled the silent, dark warehouse.