21

War of the Beast Worlds

Doojoon’s P.O.V.

I was in the nearby forest hunting for animals, halfway through eating my deer meat, I heard some screams a distance away and decided to check it out. As I got closer, there was a hooded figure biting into the neck of a tourist, the red liquid out. Crimson red blood spilled over the damp, leafy ground, giving a new colour instead of the usual dark brown. I hid behind the tree and waited patiently till it was done before I spoke, “Have you ever tried drinking animal blood?” The hooded figure spun around and chopped the tree into half, revealing my dark blue coat of fur. Upon spotting me, he launched himself at me. Oh , I thought, he still doesn’t know about my identity.

 

I quickly transformed back too my human self and blocked his attacks with a thick tree branch. He continued attacking me till I yelled at him, “Stop it’s me, Doojoon!” But it was too late, he had already slashed my chest, three long scratches, very clearly defined ones, blood was slowly dripping out from each of them. “S-Sorry I-I s-still n-need t-to p-process t-things o-out,” he stuttered while retreating back slowly, not knowing what he had done, he then ran away from me. Fortunately, the scratches were not so deep. If it was an inch more, my heart could be bled dry. I walked back to the house slowly to apply some medicine but found that my way to the entrance was blocked by the same hooded figure. He lowered his hood and asked worriedly, “Sorry does it still hurt?” and with that, he placed his hand on my chest.

 

He dragged me into the house and to apply some medication. Werewolves take a longer time than vampires but shorter than humans, when it comes to healing from injuries. He slowly applied cautiously, not wanting to inflict more pain on me, his hand brushing against my chest. I lifted my hand and placed mine on top of his, above where my heart laid. “Here is where you belong.” I said slowly. Upon hearing that, he started to tear, drop by drop rolling down his cheeks onto the floor. I used my other hand to wipe off his tears and told him, “Hey pretty boy, stop crying it doesn’t suit you.” I leaned forward and kissed his tears, one by one. Just then, we were interrupted by the maknae, “Omo! Nothing I saw, hyungs!” and he hurriedly closed the door.

 

We laughed at his action and quickly wrapped up my wounds. Before we left the room, he kissed my wound as a sign of good health. We decided to take a walk along the beach, his hand in mine, his claw in my paw. We were walking in silence when he spoke up, “About the question you asked just now at the forest? The answer is yes but I still prefer human blood.” “Oh haha I forgot about that. I don’t mind you drinking anything as long as it’s not my blood.” I laughed out heartily and splashed water at him. “Yah!” he cried and chased me around, splashing water on me. I ran after him and pinned him to the ground. I was about to lean forward and kiss him when he distracted me, “Omo!” he cried and pointed at another direction, and I turned my head and saw the Junseob couple. I shouted at them, “Yah! Don’t you think that’s a bit too much?” He giggled at my actions and gave me a peck on my lips.