22

War of the Beast Worlds

Yoseob’s P.O.V.

It was getting late at night and we were back in the house, coming up with a rescue plan to save Kikwang. I sat near the fireplace to keep myself warm since it’s winter now, cuddled next to Junhyung hyung. I persuaded him to transform to his werewolf form since his fur keeps me warm and I love his fur! It’s purple! Junhyung hyung then teased me, “Vampires are cold-hearted creatures right? So why do you even need to keep warm?” “Yah! I dare you say it one more time!” I yelled at him and bit his tail hard with my fangs. His ears were fuming with smoke while he chased me around the house. “That’s for breaking my leg!” I shouted while running away from him.

 

“But it wasn’t my fault!” he yelled and accidently bumped into Dongwoon and both of them fell back hard onto the floor. “Painful it is, hyung!” whined Dongwoon and he quickly got up, preparing to leave the house. “Where are you going at this hour?” questioned Doojoon hyung. “Calling out to me, Kikwang hyung is. Saving him I am,” he replied and stepped out of the house. “Wait! We’re coming with you!” Doojoon hyung shouted, grabbed his coat and dragged down a sleeping Hyunseung hyung from the ceiling. We tagged along behind, slowly making our way to the research facility. Whilst treading behind, I asked Junhyung hyung, “How did you find us at the shipyard?” “Well something in my heart tells me that you’ve escaped so I came looking for you,” he said honestly.

 

“Aww… that’s so sweet!” I exclaimed and gave him a peck on his cheek. “So now Dongwoon must be feeling the same thing.” I added. “That I don’t really know because he doesn’t express his feelings that much. But I hope Kikwang will be faithful to him,” he replied and hugged me tightly. We braved the cold conditions and finally reached the research facility. “Okay here’s the plan. Junhyung and Yoseob will cause a distraction while Hyunseung and I will get rid of the guards. Dongwoon will search for Kikwang, got it?” Doojoon hyung explained. We nodded, transformed and went off to carry out our respective duties. Junhyung hyung and I started from level one and headed upwards, flipping over tables and bursting pipes causing as much damage as possible.

 

Alarms began to blare loudly as Doojoon hyung and Hyunseung hyung finished their opponents within one move. Security guards were moving to and fro, confused about which level their enemies were on. Lab 3 was on level five and Dongwoon started dash for it but was stopped by thick heavy metal bars blocking the entrance to the lab. Bit by bit, Dongwoon bent the bars with all of his might but was stabbed in the back by Jiyoon’s knife. Dongwoon fell to the ground in pain, with what little strength he had left, he howled, sending a signal to us but we were already too preoccupied to help him. Dongwoon had to watch the scene in front of him, on the other side of the bars was Sohyun holding in her hand, what was presumed to be an antidote.