20

War of the Beast Worlds

Junhyung’s P.O.V.

There was no one who could express the same feelings as me now. I felt betrayed, angry and hated but yet at the same time, I was elated to see him in one piece safe and sound. “I’m so sorry,” were the only words that bubbly boy in my arms could only wail out. He kept on repeating those words, no matter how much I comforted him and told him, “It’s alright.” Then he said, something out of the blue, “You don’t hate me right? For not telling you everything.” I was stunned for a while before I answered him, “Yoseob-ah, actually I have something to tell you also. I’m so sorry for not telling you too. I’m actually the purple werewolf.” I stared at his facial expressions when I said that, what was once a sad, crying boy turned into a shocked, surprised vampire.

 

He separated away from me for a while and muttered, “Can you give me some time to digest things first?” I nodded and left the room. We found a bungalow, away from the entire frolic downtown. It was a pretty quiet place, facing the beach, listening to the sound of waves washing up along the shore makes one feel at peace. I decided to take a walk along the beach, enjoying the scenery, thinking of what to say to Yoseob later when I get back home. How will he react to me, I thought. Will he rip my throat out or will I fight him? Will he accept me or will he commit suicide? The first was most probably going to happen. The second is not possible, I’d rather suffer than fight him. The third one has a 50-50 chance with the first one. The last is the most unthinkable. If he dies, I’ll die too.

 

I was still heavily in thought when I felt a pair of arms slip around my waist. I wanted to turn around to see who it was but he stopped me by saying, “Don’t. Just stay like this.” His soothing voice calmed the thunderstorm in my heart. We continued walking like this along the beach, him clinging onto me like a koala, reminds me of how I acted in class that day. I guessed he chose option three, deciding to accept me and I’ve also decided to accept him. All of a sudden, a thought struck me and I then spoke to break the silence, “Yoseob-ah, you know that we are forbidden to be together right?” and he nodded cautiously whilst looking at me. “What if we cannot be together in the end? And we are forced to kill each other?” “Don’t think too much hyung. We’ll just live by one day at a time,” he replied confidently and gave me a peck on the lips.

 

This should be how love is, no matter what obstacles come your way, we’ll fight them together till the end of time. I then chose to , “Yoseob-ah, don’t you think a peck is too little?” “Erm…” he stuttered and turned his head to pull me into a long kiss. One hand behind my neck while the other is around my waist. I too did the same and we stood there for minutes, tongues slipping into each other’s mouth, before we were interrupted by Doojoon hyung, “Yah! Don’t you think that’s a bit too much?” We separated and giggled in each other’s arms. I whispered into his ear, “Remind me to buy you more lavender shampoo the next time?” He blushed immediately and buried his head in my shirt.