10

War of the Beast Worlds

Hyunseung’s P.O.V.

Before I left the apartment, I smashed the gas pipe and grabbed Yosoeb and Kikwang to the nearest hospital. As the doctors were attending to Yoseob and Kikwang, I went to the receptionist to fill up the paperwork. I did not need to see the doctors since my wounds have healed but Yoseob’s and Kikwang’s injuries are more severe. A normal human would take a few months to recover but they just need a few days in hospital. After completing the paperwork, I went up to the rooftop to make a call to the school on the status of Yoseob and Kikwang. After I put down the call, I stared into the dark night to see our apartment blazing with fire. I was planning our next move when someone called out to me.

 

I turned around and saw Hyuna, “Oppa! What are you doing in the hospital late at night?” “Oh Hyuna-ah, I’m just brought Yoseob and Kikwang for their check-up.” I replied. “What happened to my handsome oppas?” she asked in shock. “Erm… they were fooling around and fell down the stairs.” I lied, not wanting her to know about us. “Oh hope they recover fast!” she said. “What about you? What are you doing in the hospital late at night?” I questioned. “Ah I’m helping my appa out in the hospital. He’s very busy because he has this chain of hospitals to manage and he tells me that one day I’m going to inherit them all so I’ve got to familiarise myself with the work.” she told me. “Okay I’m going to go for a drink at the bar opposite. Once they’re awake, please call me okay?” I said as I headed for the door.

 

“Oppa I’ll follow you!” she said and hooked her arm onto mine. “Don’t you need to go to work?” I pointed out. She answered with, “Well being the heiress has its privileges.” And she dragged me in the direction of the bar. We entered the bar and ordered our drinks. She then started to talk to me, “Oppa do you know what happened this afternoon in the classrooms?” I looked at her with curiosity and shook my head. She went on to explain, “This afternoon, 4minute went into the classrooms to retrieve something and saw Junhyung oppa and Yoseob oppa kissing.” Upon hearing this, anger welled up in my heart and I crushed my glass with my left hand and it started to bleed. “Oppa! Are you alright?” Hyuna asked worriedly as she lifted my hand to check my injuries. “Oh I’m fine it’s just a small cut.” I responded coolly and withdrawn my hand from hers. She didn’t trust me and took my hand to examine for injuries but there weren’t any to begin with.

 

She then look at me with a confused expression and questioned, “Oppa where are your injuries?” “Ah I told you I’m fine already. Let’s carry on drinking.” I lied and ordered another drink from the bartender. That night was one of the wildest nights ever, in order to prevent myself from unleashing the anger in me, I drank like there’s no tomorrow. I made a mental note to myself, Yoseob is going to get it big time from me the next time I see him. But for now, I was busy drinking with Hyuna and soon, I was knocked out. Alcohol really works wonders, it doesn’t matter what creature you are…