6

War of the Beast Worlds

Yoseob’s P.O.V.

I was talking to Hyunseung hyung and Kikwang when suddenly, the school bell rang, indicating that it was time for the second-half of the day’s lessons. I left my seat and ran towards the bathroom in a hurry. As I was running, I bumped into someone and fell backwards hard onto the floor. “Ouch! Which idiot was-“ the person said. He surprised me by saying, “Omo! It’s you from my class! Here” I then looked up and saw Junhyung-ssi whom offered his hand to help me up. I took his hand, pulled myself off the ground and dusted my pants. He then questioned, “Where are you going in such a hurry?” I told him that I was going to the bathroom and he wanted to follow me but I told him to wait for me outside. Hmm… weird guy, I thought.

 

I went into the bathroom to wash up but as I was leaving, I was surrounded by a group of bullies whom emerged from the toilet cubicles. One of them then teased me, “Oh look what we have here? It’s the pretty boy!” and then they started to throw punches onto my face and stomach. Luckily, I managed to escape from their punches and retaliated by smashing one of them into the mirror. Wow… so much strength for being a vampire. They were shocked at first but it seems to have aggravated them even further when they charged at me. Defeating them was actually quite a piece of cake for me. I just grabbed their arms and flung them across the toilet.

 

Just then, Junhyung-ssi came in, hearing all the commotion from outside and saw the mess. I then explained to him and he carried me bridal style to the sick bay, seeing that I was bruised. I told him, “Junhyung-ssi, it’s alright. I can look after myself.” He ignored me and continued on our way to the sick bay. Not wanting to reveal my secret of being a vampire, whereby I can heal instantly, I just allowed him to carry me to the sick bay. Upon reaching there, the nurse wasn’t in so Junhyung-ssi took out the first aid kit and applied the medicine on my bruises but he can’t find any! “Yoseob-ah, where’s your bruises from just now? I can’t seem to find any,” he asked. “Ah aniyo! I already told you I’m fine. Oh no! We’re late for lesson!” and with that, I grabbed his hand and dragged him out of the sick bay to our classroom.

 

The teacher was furious when she saw us, “Junhyung-ssi! Yoseob-ssi! Mind explaining to us where both of you went? Don’t you know it’s already half-past two? And why are both of you holding hands?” she questioned. Oh gosh, I thought, she just had to say the last sentence. Junhyung-ssi quickly let go of my hand and lowered his head, probably blushing from the teacher’s comments. At this moment, the whole class started to giggle at us and I sent them a glare to shut their mouths and they did. We went back to our seats but the teacher stopped us and she continued with her rattling till the end of the lesson. She concluded, “Both of you are going for detention today.” Kikwang then came up to me and whispered, “Don’t worry hyung, I won’t tell Hyunseung hyung.” and he winked at me before leaving. Sigh, what a tiring day it is.