7

War of the Beast Worlds

Hyunseung’s P.O.V.

As soon as the day ended, I walked towards my car and waited patiently for Yoseob and Kikwang to show up. Just then, the smart guy of our class, Doojoon-ssi had to show up and he was walking towards me. He started to strike a conversation with me, “Hi, fancy seeing you here. Do you drive this car?” I nodded silently and he continued, “Oh it’s such a beauty just like you. It totally suits your hair.” Upon hearing this, I blushed and lowered my head. Wait… I blushed, why the hell did I blush at his comment? I’m supposed to be a cold person with no human emotions. Besides, vampires are undead creatures so am I becoming more of a human?

 

I shook my head violently, trying to shake off those horrible thoughts and Doojoon-ssi was looking at me curiously. “Hyunseung-ssi, are you all right?” he asked with concern. Oh god, I thought, how do I explain it to him? All of a sudden, Kikwang emerged from the school doors and jogged towards the car, saving my heart from chaos if I even had one still. He came up to me and whispered, “Yoseob hyung is meeting the teacher. He told us to leave first.” I quickly replied, “Oh okay then, what are you waiting for? Let’s go!” wanting to get out of this desperate situation. As I was getting into the car, Kikwang spotted Doojoon-ssi.

 

“Oh hi nice to meet you! Kikwang-imnida. You must be Hyunseung hyung’s friend. He keeps on mentioning you during lunch break.” Kikwang blurted out. I gave him a glare and grabbed him by his legs and dumped him at the back of the car. I then revved the engine and left the school grounds immediately. I looked through the rear-view mirror and saw Doojoon-ssi leaning against his car and giving me a smirk. “Yah! What the hell were you thinking, you pabo?” I yelled at the pabo behind me. “Come on hyung! It’s quite obvious that you were blushing from far away. Seize the chance now before it’s too late.” he responded. I then shouted at him, “Over my dead body!”

 

“You’re already dead hyung.” he pointed out. I braked the car immediately and Kikwang flew to the front seat. “Ouch! Hyung what was that for?” he complained. “One more word from you and you’re going to walk back home yourself.” I warned him. “Geez… hyung why are your feelings so complicated?” he whined. “Don’t you get it pabo! He’s a human and I’m a vampire! We’re never to be meant for each other in the first place!” I said angrily. “Then you could convert him into one of us hyung.” Kikwang answered back. “Okay that’s it! I’ve had enough of you! Get down the car now!” I yelled as he really blew my top off this time. As soon as he got off, I drove off immediately without looking back. Poor Kikwang, left on the middle of the highway to figure out the way back home.