25

War of the Beast Worlds

“Argh!” Dongwoon cried in pain as he griped his wound. It was a sniper from a helicopter and that was not the only one. They had the whole facility locked down with many more commandoes and all sorts. “Hurry up! We need to go!” yelled Junhyung to them as he burst through the door. He then transformed to a werewolf and helped Doojoon in taking down those helicopters. Hyunseung and Yoseob busied themselves the incoming groups of guards. Kikwang quickly led Dongwoon down to the basement to search for an exit. Commandoes were storming the building, they’ve been ordered to leave nothing alive. Gunshots rang the hallways, dead bodies lined up along walkways, fresh red blood gave the walls a new coat of paint. Helicopters were taken down one by one, leaving behind only trails of fire and destruction amongst the rubble. Kikwang and Dongwoon found an exit through the sewer and Dongwoon howled to the others to gather.

 

Unbeknownst to them, a missile strike has been commanded to destroy the entire research facility and men were dashing out of the targeted range. Two minutes was how much time they had left to make their escape. The six of them gathered together and were climbing down the ladder leading to the sewer. The Kiwoon couple went first and next was the Junseob couple. One minute left! They made it safely but when it was the Dooseung couple’s turn, the roof of the building began to collapse onto them. The missile strike had begun. Pillars and columns crumbled to dust, about to bury them in the process. Doojoon and Hyunseung didn’t bother using the ladder at this point in time and just jumped straight down into the sewer. They barely made it alive sustaining some scratches and bruises. The sewer rattled and shook from the vibrations sent by the missiles, it looked like it was about to give way too.

 

“Hyung this way!” Kikwang called out to the couples behind them and began treading through the murky brown water. They followed the direction of water flow and fought some ravenous crocodiles along the way. A small street lamp lit up the end of the tunnel as they climbed out of it. They’ve been led to the beach where the sewer water meets the ocean. “Omo! That’s our house!” Yoseob cried in enjoyment and pointed to a bungalow situated a stone’s throw from them. He started dancing around, dragging Junhyung to join him in the celebratory mood. Hyunseung being the party-pooper told them, “Come on let’s get back and clean up.” “Aww…” the dongsaengs whined and dragged their feet to the house. Doojoon then said to him, “You shouldn’t be so harsh on them you know.” Hyunseung retorted back, “And you shouldn’t be too kind to them.” Doojoon nodded and lifted Hyunseung up and ran towards the house.

 

“Yah! Put me down! Or else I’ll bite you!” Hyunseung cried whilst hitting Doojoon on the back playfully with his fist. The remaining four laughed at them and followed closely back to the house. An hour later, they were bandaged from their injuries and were wearing clean clothes, each bearing the smell of vanilla, lavender and chocolate. They were sitting by the fireplace, cuddled in each other’s arms, enjoying their partner’s presence. “Despicable!” came a booming voice behind them from the dark shadows. Hyunseung sat up immediately, recognising whose voice it was. “F-Father!” he stuttered.