14

War of the Beast Worlds

Doojoon’s P.O.V.

“Yah! I’m going to the supermarket, want anything?” I asked them. “Ice cream, I want hyung.” Dongwoon replied excitedly. “Ah fine… what about you, Junhyung?” I questioned. There was a long moment of silence when Dongwoon spoke, “Sleeping probably, he is. Same thing as me, you should get for him, hyung.” I nodded my head understandingly and plodded off to the supermarket. The supermarket was near our apartment and the walkway is well lit so we could sense any danger from the vampires. Speaking of them, they’ve disappeared for a week and their apartment has been set on fire. For us, to prevent any suspicious movements, we’ve decided to shift our meals to parks rather than zoos.

 

Back to reality, I entered the supermarket to search for ice cream when I saw a familiar figure. I went up to him and tapped him lightly on the shoulder. He spun around, clamped my lower arm against my back and tackled me to the ground. I cried out loud in pain and agony, “Ouch! It’s me!” “Oh mianhamnida! I thought it was a thief. What’re you doing here?” the guy asked whilst releasing his grip on me. “I’m here to buy some ice cream for my dongsaengs. What about you?” I replied him. “Ah I’m here to buy some alcohol for my dongsaengs,” he said. I was surprised and questioned, “But they’re not old enough to drink right?” “Erm… they’re way old enough for this,” he answered slowly. I stood there confused and stared at him. He then popped another question, “So what happened in school?”

 

“Ah… nothing much actually. Just more homework.” I told him. I then added on, “So what’s your reason for skipping school? And when are you coming back?” “Oh my dongsaengs were fooling around and fell down the stairs. So I’m looking after them for now. We’ll come back to school tomorrow.” Hearing his reason, I collapsed on the floor laughing, “Your dongsaengs are injured and you’re buying them alcohol to drink instead of medicine!” “Yah! They’re just drinking their pain away. Yah! Get up now and stop making a scene in the supermarket,” he yelled at me, trying to drag me up. I got up from the floor, still laughing and tried to silence my laughter with my hand but failed. In the end, he had to use his hand and cover my mouth. To be honest, his hand smells like vanilla and I wish time would stop so I can smell him forever.

 

He slowly removed his hand after I’ve calmed myself down and started walking to the cashier to pay up. I followed behind him and paid for the ice cream. Suddenly, when we stepped out of the supermarket, it started to rain. “Here take my jacket and cover yourself.” I told him as I took off my jacket and offered it to him. “Where do you live?” he asked. “Over there!” I replied whilst pointing to the apartments. “Ah… that’s where I live too! We can go back together.” He answered and gave me a space under my jacket. I slid a hand around his waist and both of us ran in the rain together. I was pretty sure he was blushing the whole time when we ran in the rain since he turned his head away whenever he looked at me. We made it to the apartments clean and dry and I asked, “Which floor do you live on?” and I found out that he lived one floor below me. “You know, I love your carefree and outgoing attitude as compared to your cold usual self. You should smile more too.” I blurted out as he exited the elevator. He blushed and quickly ran to his apartment.