11

War of the Beast Worlds

Junhyung’s P.O.V.

We were back at our apartment in our human forms. I can never forget that incident at the park. I was engaged in a fight with the third vampire but he was strong and soon would overpower me so I retreated for now to call the others in the park. I knew that look from the injured vampire but do I really have to kill him? I sighed heavily, knowing that my feelings were in a mess right now. Dongwoon looked at me awkwardly and said, “Long sigh it is hyung.” I sighed again and got up to fetch myself a cup of water from the kitchen. I got the cup of water and sat on the edge of my bed and pondered about the future. An imaginary angel and devil appeared in my head and started to argue.

 

The angel said, “You should not kill him since you love him so much.”

 

The devil then retorted back, “Orders are orders. They are to be followed closely.”

 

“Love for him can perhaps bring peace between both worlds.” the angel replied calmly.

 

“Never ever! You were made like this to kill him,” shouted the devil.

 

“It wouldn’t hurt to confess to him your feelings,” the angel responded.

 

“Feelings are dangerous. You shouldn’t submit yourself to them.” the devil snapped back.

 

“You can try. You’ll never know if you don’t try. Maybe he also has feelings for you,” countered the angel.

 

“Don’t! It will only bring about more suffering to both sides.” retaliated the devil.

 

“This is how love is. It doesn’t know time, gender, age or race. It just happens, and it is the most beautiful but also the most painful thing in the world.” the angel told the devil. At this moment, I was getting rather frustrated and yelled out loud. I vented my anger by throwing the cup of water at my bedroom door and lay down on my bed, trying to get some sleep.