9

War of the Beast Worlds

Kikwang’s P.O.V.

Noticing what I saw, my iris started to turn ruby red and my fangs grew longer and shaper than ever. Seeing their kind makes my blood boil, knowing that they killed my parents, or so as I was told. If it wasn’t for him whom adopted me, I could be left dying on the streets. A few days after I was adopted, he brought home another child called Yoseob and from then on, we were both best friends and “partners in crime”. Coming back to present day, I turned left wards to see my dear friend whom had also completed his transformation. It was really foggy so we couldn’t make out the facial features of our enemies except for their glowing eyes. “Are you ready?” he asked. I replied him with a silent nod and we headed straight for the kill.

 

As swift as an eagle, we swooped in for the kill, managing to give those werewolves a few bites and scratches before they overpowered us. It seems that we have angered them and they bounded straight to us, showing their large canine teeth. Yoseob hyung tried to run away but the one with black fur held onto his leg and flung him against the closest tree. The tree snapped and toppled onto Yoseob’s hyung left leg. Yoseob hyung cried out in pain but as I went closer to help him, the other werewolf, the one with dark blue fur grabbed my arm and spun me around in circles before letting me go. I flew quite a distance breaking many trees and branches along the way before coming to a stop by the Han River.

 

I got up with my free arm since my other arm was twisted. Immediately, I ran to save Yoseob hyung but the dark blue werewolf lifted him up and locked him in a choking position against the tree. He demanded to know where the third vampire was but Yoseob hyung just spat at him in the eye, refusing to say anything. The dark blue werewolf was about to smash Yoseob hyung into the ground when all of a sudden, a third werewolf with purple fur, appeared and growled to the other two. They threw Yoseob hyung onto the ground and left for some unknown place. The purple werewolf looked at Yoseob hyung for a brief moment before leaving with the rest. I helped Yoseob hyung to his feet and we left the park with difficulty.

 

“Hyung, you need me to carry you on my back?” I asked worriedly, seeing that he was limping in pain. “Kikwang-ah it’s alright. You’re also in no good condition to carry me,” he replied as he pointed to my broken arm. All of a sudden, Yoseob hyung collapsed onto the ground and cried in great pain. “Hyung! Quick get onto my back! We need to leave!” I shouted at him. He quickly got onto my back and I ran back home within a few minutes with Yoseob hyung directing me. Yoseob hyung pressed the doorbell desperately to get Hyunseung hyung to open the door for us. After a long wait, the door opened slowly only to reveal Hyunseung hyung, dripping with blood down the side of his head. He spoke, “We need to leave now!”