24

War of the Beast Worlds

Kikwang’s P.O.V.

It was noisy, very noisy. Voices of people shouting rang in my head. Scenes of people fighting played in my head. I heard Hyunseung hyung’s and Yoseob hyung’s voice accompanied by five familiar ones. I wanted to help but I couldn’t. I tried to open my eyes but couldn’t. I’m guessing that I’m stuck in ice then. My muscles wouldn’t allow me to move but I could feel the tubes in my body. How disgusting, I wish I could remove them. The voices slowly faded away. The fighting slowly played down. I could feel my blood cells and vessels slowly mutating. My strength was beginning to drain away from me. What was happening to me, I thought? This can’t be happening, I yelled in my head! All of a sudden, the ice above me broke into millions of pieces, allowing fresh air to flow in. Finally, I was freed.

 

Breathing in cold, still air through my nostrils. I tried to move but my muscles betrayed me. Instead, I collapsed onto the ground. “Kikwang!” yelled some voices ahead of me as I slumped to the ground. My vision was blurry and my hearing was fading away. My eyes started to close and my breathing slowly became uneven. I could hear the cranking of metal bars and people rushing to my side. “Here bite it quick!” ordered someone whom seemed to be the silhouette of Hyunseung hyung. I bit his hand and out some blood from him but soon before I know it, I was unconscious. A moment of eerie silence began to dawn on those in the lab while I slowly regained my hearing abilities. I could hear Yoseob hyung mumbling some prayers while Junhyung hyung was comforting him. My eyes flashed open with a ruby red colour and my mouth broke into a smile, showing off my glistening, white fangs.

 

I looked around the room and saw Doojoon hyung and Hyunseung hyung kneeling beside me. Junhyung hyung was standing a distance away, comforting a sobbing Yoseob hyung. But what caught my eye was this black werewolf. Immediately without much thought, I launched myself at him. I was crouching above his head, about to rip his upper jaw away from the rest of his body when they stopped me. “Yah! Stop it you pabo!” Hyunseung hyung shouted at me whilst gripping my wrist tightly. I then stopped what was going to do and looked at him with a confused expression on my face. “Dongwoon transform.” Doojoon hyung said to the black werewolf. It slowly shape shifted and a figure of Dongwoon began to take its place. I was in shock, I stumbled back a few steps, only to knock into a tray of medical equipment to stabilise myself.

 

The Dooseung and Junseob couples left the room to give us some time to speak to each other. “Very surprised you are, Kikwang hyung!” Dongwoon said whilst closing the gap between us. “I-I d-don’t k-know w-what t-to s-say.” I stuttered softly, hoping that he would not be able to hear it but he did. Damn it, why do werewolves have to be so good at hearing, maybe that was why we got caught at first. Dongwoon replied with, “Nothing you have to say. Accept me is all you need,” and with that, he embraced me in a tight hug. “How I miss you too.” I told him and gave him a deep, loving kiss. “Hmm… chocolate my favourite,” he mumbled. We were having the best moment of our lifetime when a bullet zipped past me and grazed Dongwoon’s arm.